Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tons of spell swapping for an enchanter, especially if you don't have a goblin ghaz ring. ...
Roll dark elf and remove the need to own one, my biggest mistake on red and I made one on blue to correct it <3 Sure it's not 100% effective but it works enough of the time that I'm happy to play the lottery with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally I find a bard is more active than an enchanter, I think the two classes are the only ones I have on both servers (and cleric). Bards don't just have to do what the enchanter is doing in terms of mezzing, slowing, charming, etc... but they have to keep pace with twisting songs during combat, pull where necessary, and because of charm's short duration find ways of convincing the group which NPC is the pet at a given moment (sit works as well as them not being able to do damage to it on blue server, but RIP the unclassic /pet feign, was a great indicator).

Bards are more active and harder than enchanters, there I said it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bards are more active and harder than enchanters, there I said it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel this -- assuming you're a quality Bard.

Typically I don't think of leveling/XPing as fun but those times at the CoM moat where I would be the main tank, puller and crowd control to keep the group going when we couldn't find replacements were a blast. When you're engaged you're not staring at the XP bar every minute and it all goes by much faster.

I will note that as an untwinked Bard I need a cleric if I'm going to tank -- Shamen or Druids just won't do. I really enjoy pulling most of all but unfortunately we get beat out by the Monk later on in this department.... Bards really should've had feign death in classic for this reason... plus... theater....acting...faking death.... yeah.

The class really gets a bad reputation because of all the swarmturd faux-Bards that were out there who get to 50+ without ever really playing the class.

All that being said... I have the most respect for Enchanters in groups because of crowd control which requires the most cursor movement and therefore the most focus. If I have an Enchanter in my group their pet is always my 'previous target' so I can can [~] + [Mouse 4] + [~] again to target/mez it before it even gets a hit off on them and get right back to main target . The duration is short enough that it can get back into action relatively quick after they recharm.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

When barding in seb: Puller, tanker, CC'er, haster, (somewhat slower), mana regen-er.

Tanking is interesting without any auto attacking at all and twisting in mez at the same time

Dopest xp group with bard / shammy / 2 rogues
Old 08-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

If you thought playing a guitar was hard to learn then try to play a guitar and riposte someone swinging an axe into your skull.

That's what its like playing bard.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 08-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you thought playing a guitar was hard to learn then try to play a guitar and riposte someone swinging an axe into your skull.

That's what its like playing bard.
Right! And what kind of reputation do bards have on p99 for being so awesome...?
Old 08-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Orc

Having played about every class to 60+ on live except a few including enchanter and bard which i came to the boards for suggestions on which class to play as an alt~

enchanter is a min/max'rs wet dream. A ton of power combined with a lot of dieing.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Banned

Bards can probably do more in any given group situation and I'd consider them the most potentially "active" class. Enchanters are generally more important, stressful and difficult to play though. I think some people in this thread are getting those confused.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The most fun though in chanters is playing with agro, if you pay attention, you can get it down so good that you can mess with a group or raid and get away with it. A couple of examples, Dragon Necropolis with a raid going down the cave I think, haven't done on p99, sitting and standing moves the mob just a few feet. I always warned my cleric of course what I was doing, made a little funny most of the mobs were easy enough. 2nd example in Kael, I would tell my cleric ahead of time I was going for agro and was summoned 4 times by the big guys on a regular basis, most people didn't mind and they knew if I was there it would probably happen. There are a lot of things that enchanters do but you must always know and understand agro, how to achieve, back off and just have fun with it.

Thats my thoughts, I haven't played bard past mid 30's so not really sure.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have leveled both classes to 60. The enchanter is far more demanding.

Bard activity has a lower ceiling of expectations because each song only lasts ~18 seconds. There is only so much you can fit into that time. That's about 3 buffs or 3 mezzes. If you have 3 mobs in camp you have to mez, you have to stop playing your buff songs. If they pull 7 mobs mobs into camp, the enchanter is expected to lock down 6 of them. Already they have a higher standard to meet.

Bard spell lots are not that competitive. It's pretty obvious which songs you need to memorize, and rarely did I struggle choosing which songs. Enchanters have far more needed spells and we have to swap them out constantly.

On top of that, the enchanter is expected to keep a charmed pet at all times which could break any second.
Maybe you only think enchanter is more demanding because by the sound of it you're a pretty terrible bard.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llaile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you only think enchanter is more demanding because by the sound of it you're a pretty terrible bard.
Maybe your feelings are just hurt that bard is pretty gimped compared to enchanter.
Closed Thread