Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

You're supposed to complete these quests, not buy your epic

Even our casual guild completed the mage epic, it just takes a lot of time and patience to get a magi pasta spawn

These are called epic quests for a reason
Old 08-14-2017, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

This! also, fair isn't always equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargryllz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're supposed to complete these quests, not buy your epic

Even our casual guild completed the mage epic, it just takes a lot of time and patience to get a magi pasta spawn

These are called epic quests for a reason
Old 08-14-2017, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriakh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking about this recently, and just in general the nerfing of things like epics (sham tears which went from 30-75k), as well as seafuries, which are the most recent. For new players like me (who have only played for a handful of months), these nerfs represent serious difficulties. Prices on some items are astronomical - mage/necro epic 200k, torpor 110k, and the list goes on. As an old player its not an issue - you've made millions of plat through the years. You've gotten the rarest items that have been nerfed (holgresh elder beads, etc) and sold them for a ton, and have been able to amass wealth using those same nerfed spots (seafuries). You're in no rush to sell that epic MQ, and many guilds love to horde these same high value targets to get even more wealth.

So really, why would the devs nerf things like this, which then only makes things harder for new players? These nerfs seem to actively discourage new players from sticking to the game, and the big guilds seem to have little interest in sharing world spawns with other guilds or players, unless you pay insane fees. So unless you're willing to join one of the big guilds and then wait in line for 2-3 months for your turn, there is no reasonable way to complete your character without insane amounts of time invested. I feel like it would be much better to buff items, thus allowing new players to have a chance at these high value items and giving old players something to strive for. Is there a method to this madness of continually nerfing items, epics, and cash spots?

I guess I'm hoping for a bit of discussion on here as to what other people think - from my point of view I don't see many positives to recent nerfs.

Even on seasoned players dont really have the money too. There's a handful of people who control the market on items/epic items, when they set the price, it never comes down until other means of looting said items becomes easier and not cock blocked. Sadly Mage epic is random luck. But other items are really just cock blocked by a handful of people who can commonly farm the mob(s) who drop said items. Older and new players both have the issue of making plat.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes there are still plenty of plat per hour spots.
No there is already too much plat in the system for items to be cheaper. But I do agree that most items at this point should not be, becoming more expensive.
Actually I believe that over a long enough time span item prices will drop.

Platinum inflation went down with the nerf but item inflation will continue on as it always has. Heck, item inflation could conceivably go up if the people who normally camped seafuries decide to spend their time camping item drops to sell to players instead now.

It could take a long time to see the effects though. Maybe even longer than the remaining lifespan of the server.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

Manastones used to go for 20k
Rubicite was never super expensive
Elder beads at one point were going for about 20k

Yes, someone from the early day could have farmed a ton of platinum, but you're ignoring the 6 years of time they would have had to sit on those items waiting for them to increase in price.

On the flip side, Fungi Tunics used to go for 150k, now they go for like 45k. SSoYs used to go for 10k+, now you can probably get them for damn near free. FBSS was the only realistic dropable haste item and went for upwards of 12k, but goes for like 1/4 of that now. Dragon haste was unobtainable for the vast majority of players. Epics were the same. They weren't expensive, you simply couldn't get certain ones unless you were in certain guilds.

Look, its limited supply with near unlimited demand. I've been here since early 2010 and there are some items I want, but will never have, and I've spent most of my time here in top tier raiding guilds. If you can't find a way to have fun with what you have, you're not going to enioy this server and should probably look for entertainment else where.

Imo as someone who has been here a long time, it has never been easier for a new person to get started than it is right now.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

mana stone is worth 200k imo
Fungi's still drop and the server is flooded with them 30k-40k

Hate if you're a EC flipper.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...it's called befriending guild leaders and then manipulating them to receive loot over more deserving players.
This is pretty much the easiest way to get your epic and other ingame goals accomplished that require a zerg of nerds. It's sad, but true. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However!

If you find that you are not willing to trade your balls and true self identity to a master-nerd and his zergling horde for big phat pixels, you do have other ways to make plats to buy your epic and other big phat pixels;

-You can create a druid and port for plats. Also, PL for plats.

-You can become a fatcat-reseller. Anyone can do this, it just takes time. Buy items for cheap, sell for more than you bought it for. Over time, you will build plat equity.

-You can farm smaller solo item camps, like Earring of Esssence/Idol of the Thorned in Droga. There are many items worth 2-3k, you can farm in assorted dungeons.

-You can farm Jboots. Each MQ sells for 6-7k.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Cool SOLUTION

Add a TRADEABLE (or maybe not) Guise of the Deceiver vendor to EC for period of one week. Set price at 2mil platinum.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:21 PM
Aviak

I never got an epic on any of my characters in 5 years of live, and I have never gotten one on P99. I feel that buying your epic is totally lame, and not for me, and I didn't have the time or effort required to get it back on live, and I sure don't now, so I have accepted the fact that I will just never have an epic.

I don't feel as though I enjoy the game any more or less than the players that spent all the time getting their epic, so I really don't care how much all that stuff costs. I guess what I am saying is, put in the effort to get your epic and the other things you want, or don't--but don't let it affect your enjoyment of the game!
Old 08-14-2017, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

None of these things are required to play this game. But if you really want them just be patient. You'd be surprised how much you can get just by playing for fun of it.
Closed Thread