Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guess is that you have never been in the presence of a college professor, or you wouldn't say something so stupid. I have never once felt like I was in a religious setting and I've had a great many different views than my professors.
No I have. And I've talked with numerous people that have had the exact experience I was talking about. I'm sure everyone's experience is different, but it certainly happens more than most would like to admit.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I have. And I've talked with numerous people that have had the exact experience I was talking about. I'm sure everyone's experience is different, but it certainly happens more than most would like to admit.
post pictures of diploma and or transcripts
Old 05-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hastley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
post pictures of diploma and or transcripts
Why? What would that prove? I can pull pics of.those off the net and PhotoShop them to say that I'm the master of the universe. Plus I didn't say that it happened to me. I said that I know of quite a few people that it has happened to.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why? What would that prove? I can pull pics of.those off the net and PhotoShop them to say that I'm the master of the universe. Plus I didn't say that it happened to me. I said that I know of quite a few people that it has happened to.
lets say the reason is because you have 260 posts on an emulated elf simulator starting in march 2014. it would prove nothing beyond your own credentials, which would validate you as someone worth responding to, which increasingly seems like a bad idea
Old 05-19-2014, 03:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I know you're trolling but what fun is it to just sit back and be all knowing? :P

People are born into a socially imposed religious environment, from the currency we use to not going down a single street without a cross/church.

In my city alone there are 2,500 churches.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhuma7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you're trolling but what fun is it to just sit back and be all knowing? :P

People are born into a socially imposed religious environment, from the currency we use to not going down a single street without a cross/church.

In my city alone there are 2,500 churches.
That has nothing to do with any of my posts. But thank you I guess.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hastley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lets say the reason is because you have 260 posts on an emulated elf simulator starting in march 2014. it would prove nothing beyond your own credentials, which would validate you as someone worth responding to, which increasingly seems like a bad idea
I didn't know we all had to post our credentials in order to state a personal belief on a forum. When did that start?
Old 05-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
That has nothing to do with any of my posts. But thank you I guess.
Quote:
There is no such thing as a lack of religion. We were made with a strong urge to worship something higher than ourselves. It may not be religion in the strictest sense of the word. But its definitely belief system that is religious in nature. Try holding a different view than your atheist college professor, even if you are also atheist, and you will be treated just like you would in a religious setting. Absence of religion is impossible for humans. Not going to happen.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Kobold

An interesting fact, is there are more churches in my state than there are billboards.

but... We are "born" with the desire to worship bullshit. Much like we are "born" to eat fast food 7 days a week, amirite!?
Old 05-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I didn't know we all had to post our credentials in order to state a personal belief on a forum. When did that start?
today, plus i hate your nacho libre avatar
Closed Thread