Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey mitic, what up!

You on Vulak?
nah, ive quit progression like 10 mins ago lol

failsony is fail
Old 02-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

Aww man, hook me up with station cash. I'll take all that cool stuff from ya! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

well the top levels are all erudites ... mages / chanters etc. anything that can engage fast ...

erudites didnt have much competition since no one played them realy .. all other newbie zones have been HORRIBLE overflowed ... and it took me like 2 hours to get to lvl 2 ... because i got a mob like every 3 ~5 minutes ...

mages over there are actualy way more powerful ... the game mechanics are a joke, i sent my pet (water) on a young kodiak (red to me) at lvl 6, and before my pet even engaged i started to chain nuke (46dmg max.), then sat down, regened for another nuke (takes like .. 30 seconds to be full mana in combat ...) and i never even got agro off my pet ... only if i went into melee range ...

so for enchanters that is paredise ... they pull, get one hit, move, and pet has instant agro ... and unless you get an add or your pet dies there is realy no way to get agro ><
Old 02-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

Necro's are going to rule the world!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Aviak

I want to take bets on how long they keep two servers up. The population will plummet when people realize what a joke it is, if they haven't already.

My bet is by March 27th they will merge the two. By August it will be scrapped and turned into a regular server. And this time next year it will be merged with an older server.

Any takers?
Old 02-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Kobold

i bet it will draw more people over here haha, ty sony for the great job
Old 02-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainspauldin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i bet it will draw more people over here haha, ty sony for the great job
Actually very true. I hope you're ready to break and sustain well over 1000 at peak hours p99.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually very true. I hope you're ready to break and sustain well over 1000 at peak hours p99.
please jesus no
Old 02-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

its already hard enough to get a decent area to fight here at any hour...not sure why the devs want all these new players here unless they are planning to open a second server or greatly increase capacity here. I'd say we have a good population now, but if it gets much more crowded, people are gonna have to wait in line for every camp in the game, and that's never a good thing for any game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Aviak

Well whats funny is they do such a good job here that if they actually had the time and resources and desire, they could easily keep the numbers to sustain a few servers. I personally would love to see a true timeline server released when they finish the work on kunark and velious but I'm doubting that will happen. Either way devs you should save each patch/nerf/etc. so the option is open in the future! Who knows , maybe Sony will even pay you for it.

I'm surprised that live didn't model their servers after a known popular success.
Closed Thread