Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Default The Ishva Mal

For some reason the Spawn timer on this server seem to be 36h.
and as far as I know thats very very wrong:

There are posts as far back as May 03 2000 at 12:23 PM
That say they killed him several times during one night...how would it be possible if he was a 36h spawn ?

Only people that talk about 8h 12h 18h 36h are people that heard it from someone else, noone that actually camped it to see if it was correct, but there are alot of posts from 2000 and forward that say he is 100% NOT a 36h spawn
Posts that prove that is a 28/30'ish min timer:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3699

2002 :
I camped him lastnight with 9 others from my guild.... I asked for a little help, a bunch showed up. We were all 50+ so it was a walk in the park to get to his spawn point.

We arrived and killed Ishva Mal's Place Holder, and then moved into his room. After about 35 mins we began to wonder why he hadn't spawned and then we moved away from the fire in his room, and then POP The Ishva Mal. We killed him quickly .... I dont think anyone took damage, it was so fast ... 10 lvl 50+ whacking on him .... LOL.

He dropped the brains, a FS weapon, and Summon corpse spell.

We set our timer.... 28 mins later he poped ( this time we were away from the fire) .. we killed again. Pretty much same loot as before.

We decided to wait once more...28 mins ..Pop .. Kill....WOOT! I got my Robe.

Moral:

1. The Ishva Mal or his Place Holder is on a 28 minute timer.

2. Do not hang out near the fire at the 28 minute mark... he wont spawn till you move.

3. 10 lvl 50+ people (1 of which was a 60 warrior w/epic) is overkill...LOL

Thank you Twisted Dreams for your great support.

------

After swimming through the secret passage, you will come to a landing. A Gnoll with a pet was there, did not aggro on group. But will killed him anyway. go through hall, there is a door to your right, an opening to your left and a door straight ahead. Go through the door that is straight ahead. There are two gnolls on each side of the door when you enter. The conned Light Blue to me at 50. The room that spawns the Ishva Mal is at the end of this area on the left. There will be two guards outside of the room. Both conned blue at 50. Inside this room is where the Ishva spawns. Once you kill the place holders inside, he spawns every 30 minutes. We were only here to get the spell for a Necromancer in my guild. We killed him twice:

------

Either my group got very lucky, or this spawn has changed. My group camped the Ishva mal last night, for about 3 or 4 hours. Got 4 Ishva's in that time, 3 brains, 3 summon corpse spells, and 4 robes. After reading these other posts, I'm thinking we got very lucky.

BTW, we had no deaths during the camp, with a 51 sk, 51 mage, 50 cleric and 36 cleric (me). However, i did drown once getting in there, because I got turned around in the water. Was my first time in Infected Paw. Luckily, we had our rez machine, and I got back the rest of my lost exp, on the first 2 guard kills.

-------

2001:

Hes 30 minute spawn, Dropped the Summon corpse spell 8/10 times, he always dropped his brain, one of his Guards dropped the Summon corpse spell and a Gnoll Hide lariat, and I think it was a Gnoll hide Tome (Not exactly Sure I'll have to ask Nerwin he looted). Anyway we were Trying to get a Robe (Got lucky last two drops hehe..) and hes a Necro, His PH Can be a Wizard,Mage, Or Enchanter. (Trust me I recognize that Fly back 12 feet spell from any wizard), Saw him summon a mage pet, and I saw him Charm a lvl 57 rogue (who about finished me off hehe..) but thats just my 2 cents. Hope this helps Happy Hunting!

-----

This morning a 56 Mage friend and I camped her. We single pulled the guards in the outside room and then pulled the guard inside the room before taking out her PH. After breaking the spawns the guards far outside the room would pop every 30 minutes or so. We kept them cleaned up and took out Ishiva 2 times and her PH 6 times. (2 brains, 1 spell, 1 robe)
rHowever after 4 hours (8 spawns) the guards outside her room poped again along with 2 more inside! Almost at the same time!! When I would get 1 down to 1/2 bubble of life or so another would heal it 100% and I would get it down and it would heal again!! Soon a 5th guard joined and then she popped. 56 Mage made it with 18HP left. I died tried to cast FD or Gate...
I dont know if this is common or not, but be on the look out

-----

Went to Infected Paw yesterday to get a Robe of the Ishva for my Rogue Epic. Group consisted in 58 Wizard, 56 Cleric, 52 Druid and myself, 50 Rogue. The Ishva Mal is a Necromancer that fears and DOTs, even though no time were left for it to DOT us since it died in seconds. The spawn time is exactly 30 minutes but it may be the placeholder instead (Ishva Guard). The first time, Ishva Mal dropped Summon Corpse and Ishva Brain. Second time it dropped Robe of the Ishva, Summon Corpse and Ishva Brain.

This leads me to think Ishva Mal drops the Robe rarely, the spell always, and the brains commonly since I heard some people had not gotten the brain sometimes.

-----

Group of us just took out this little beastie. Lvl 38 Warrior, lvl 40 Bard, lvl 52 Druid, lvl 40 Druid (myself). First time she dropped the Robe, herbs and Summon Corpse spell. About 30 mins later we killed her again, dropped Summon Corpse spell and preserved eye and herbs. Both times she conned white to me at lvl 40. She drops some nasty DoTs on us, but we had no casualties.

-----

2000 :

He is NOT a 36 hour spawn. He's a 30 minute spawn with a place holder. Last night he spawned after 3 PH's, so 2 hours.

-----

No longer a 18,24,36 or whatever people think it used to be. It is now a 25 min spawn with PH. The PH is an Ishva Lteth Gnoll, which is like the Rosch class in that it can be any caster, ENC, MAG, WIZ, NEC. I have seen mostly MAG and a few NECs and ENCs but no WIZ yet. Also the Nisch Guards still spawn in there but I believe they are still on the old cycle because I saw them twice over a 2 day camp of the room. The room can be done solo by a 49+ NEC, I did it easily at 51 with a 53 dmg pet. Had about 5 Ishva spawns with 2 scrolls, no robe, and brains everytime. Looks to be one Ishva Mal for evey 4 Ishva Lteths. Good Luck.

-----

After about 10 mins the Mal spawned and they whacked him. Dropped only the brains, so they left.
I stayed around outside by the water. After about 45 minutes I checked his room again and the Mal was up with his pet. I summoned a 49 Pet and then STd the Mal and my Pet lit into his. ST wore off and the Mal returned so I feared him, he took off. After his Pet was down I moved into his room with mine and waited for him to come back. I resisted nearly all his spells and Lifetapped the hell out of him as Pet whacked him.

He dropped Word of the Spectre, Brains, the Summon Corpse Scroll....and the Robe !

----

Yes its true...he can drop the spell and the robe...we went in his lair after pulling his PH and in the next hour a second PH spawned and then The Ishva Mal spawned and had both items and brains...hes a 30 min spawn and is blue to level 52.

----

that robe isn't worth 40k. And he's not a 36 hour spawn. Where do people get this information from?

----
May 03 2000 at 12:23 PM

We killed him three times last night and he was blue to me at level 42. He has a LOT of hit points but with three tanks and chain stuns, we took him down pretty easily. We did get 2 of the Necro spells and three brains but no robe.

Any chance we could get this fixed ?

It's crazy that the poor necros on this server don't have their low lev summon corps spells due to a faulty spawn timer.

Best Regards

CromCruach
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 07-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Much research.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Crom doing what couldnt be done 5 years ago:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ighlight=ishva
Old 07-20-2014, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Great research Crom!
Old 07-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

This is some good ClassicQuest.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:56 AM
Kobold

I read through all of the comments and it sounds like it was changed sometime in late 2000.

Aug 05 2000 - Candaar - "...The best way to camp him is to wait for a big patch, that way you'll know that all the spawns will be up. the spawn is ~36 hours, give or take (it's not exact, +/-4 hours id say)."

Jul 08 2000 - Bovel - "I have been trying to get the ishva for the past month. It hasn't dropped once in that time. The spawn time is mainly 36 hours. The lowest I've seen for a spawn time is 30. But usually it is 36"

Aug 05 2000 - Acaloom - "Me and a few guildmates camped Ishava with no luck for ~36hours. Many people have posted many different spawn times and none have made since. Which says that she is either a random spawn or no one has figured it out yet.
While we were camping Ishva a hi level Mage came in and told us that he had camped Ishva for 2 weeks straight and had figured out how the spawn works. he said that the spawn if Ishva is directly related to the amount of time that it takes you to kill her guards. He said that if you kill her guards in under 2 minutes that her next spawn will be 8 hours. 2-2.5 minutes her spawn will be 12 hours all the way up to 36hours depending on how long it takes you to kill the guards. I have read post on many other sites and his theory of how she spawns is the most logical to explain why the spawn times that people are listing are so varying in length of time. I hope someone tries this and post their finding because I need that damn spell. "

Aug 12 2000 - Pillow Man! - "Heres a simple way to kill the ishava without waiting 32 hours.... camp near the room in paw before the server comes down (like for a patch) and when they come up log in fast and *gasp* theres an ishava! i did that once but people beat me to him"

Sep 02 2000 - LordHeartbrand - "Some of this might have already been posted but it's hard to tell in between the crap here. The Ishva Mal is a 36 hour spawn with about 4 hour difference on spawn time, that means he can spawn in about 32 hours or 40 hours."

----
Here's where people start to comment that it changed.

Nov 26 2000 - Anonymous - "No longer a 18,24,36 or whatever people think it used to be. It is now a 25 min spawn with PH. The PH is an Ishva Lteth Gnoll, which is like the Rosch class in that it can be any caster, ENC, MAG, WIZ, NEC. I have seen mostly MAG and a few NECs and ENCs but no WIZ yet. Also the Nisch Guards still spawn in there but I believe they are still on the old cycle because I saw them twice over a 2 day camp of the room. The room can be done solo by a 49+ NEC, I did it easily at 51 with a 53 dmg pet. Had about 5 Ishva spawns with 2 scrolls, no robe, and brains everytime. Looks to be one Ishva Mal for evey 4 Ishva Lteths. Good Luck."

versus

Nov 29 2000 - Anonymous - "He is NOT a 36 hour spawn. He's a 30 minute spawn with a place holder. Last night he spawned after 3 PH's, so 2 hours."

versus (velious era, but inconsistent with the above)

Jan 01 2001 - Anonymous - "They completely changed him... Ishava is now a Enchanter.. he charms... he is also on a 2 (Yes you heard it right) a 2 hour spawn.. but.. and its a big but.. it can be his PH.. Ishva someotherlastname.. but not Ishva Mal and the PH just drops junk... He has few hit pnts now but has lots of guards and his own pet. I know this is a 2 hr spawn cuz we went back every two hrs. All I want is the Brain to finish my Dread Forged Helm. This is the last item I need. In fact I'm posting this now during my wait time on the next spawn.. it is now roughly 3:40pm CST 1st of Jan. 2001 and he should be back up at 4:40pm CST.. wow 1 more hour. I am gonna take a 45 min nap and then log my cleric back on. Oh BTW I'm lvl 45.. we also have a 52 Necro with us.. and a 44th Shaman. We pull one at a time.. but I won't fool anyone... we did have deaths from time to time... guards aren't easy to pull single. Anyway... this will be our 5th atempt on him.. this was also started after the servers had a reset. So his PH was up right after severs came back online. "

versus (also velious era)

Feb 16 2001 - Anonymous - "Ishva mal doesnt have to be a nerco. I have seen as chanter, and SK as well. brains are a usual drop, scroll less common, and very rare is a robe. pop time on guards outside is 2hrs
The on inside is something like 2hr 30 min, so you have to carefull he doesnt pop with the Ishva.nI camped with a lvl 50 druid and a 54 Paly and didnt have too much trouble till both poped at once"

---

Now, there's one comment from May 2000 (that OP included) that implies it's not a long respawn...

May 03 2000 - Sevrin - "We killed him three times last night and he was blue to me at level 42. He has a LOT of hit points but with three tanks and chain stuns, we took him down pretty easily. We did get 2 of the Necro spells and three brains but no robe."

...but this seems to be an outlier. None of the other comments suggest it's a short timer/PH until late November 2000 (right before Velious launch).

perhaps Acaloom's comment which suggests killing the guards triggers the Ishva Mal may have something to do with the inconsistencies of his spawn time?

if we disregard comments from December 2000 onwards (velious era), most of these comments suggest it's on a long respawn timer.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:06 AM
Sarnak

Old news guys; I squashed this bug long ago!

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=144853

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 07-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read through all of the comments and it sounds like it was changed sometime in late 2000.

Aug 05 2000 - Candaar - "...The best way to camp him is to wait for a big patch, that way you'll know that all the spawns will be up. the spawn is ~36 hours, give or take (it's not exact, +/-4 hours id say)."

Jul 08 2000 - Bovel - "I have been trying to get the ishva for the past month. It hasn't dropped once in that time. The spawn time is mainly 36 hours. The lowest I've seen for a spawn time is 30. But usually it is 36"

Aug 05 2000 - Acaloom - "Me and a few guildmates camped Ishava with no luck for ~36hours. Many people have posted many different spawn times and none have made since. Which says that she is either a random spawn or no one has figured it out yet.
While we were camping Ishva a hi level Mage came in and told us that he had camped Ishva for 2 weeks straight and had figured out how the spawn works. he said that the spawn if Ishva is directly related to the amount of time that it takes you to kill her guards. He said that if you kill her guards in under 2 minutes that her next spawn will be 8 hours. 2-2.5 minutes her spawn will be 12 hours all the way up to 36hours depending on how long it takes you to kill the guards. I have read post on many other sites and his theory of how she spawns is the most logical to explain why the spawn times that people are listing are so varying in length of time. I hope someone tries this and post their finding because I need that damn spell. "

Aug 12 2000 - Pillow Man! - "Heres a simple way to kill the ishava without waiting 32 hours.... camp near the room in paw before the server comes down (like for a patch) and when they come up log in fast and *gasp* theres an ishava! i did that once but people beat me to him"

Sep 02 2000 - LordHeartbrand - "Some of this might have already been posted but it's hard to tell in between the crap here. The Ishva Mal is a 36 hour spawn with about 4 hour difference on spawn time, that means he can spawn in about 32 hours or 40 hours."

----
Here's where people start to comment that it changed.

Nov 26 2000 - Anonymous - "No longer a 18,24,36 or whatever people think it used to be. It is now a 25 min spawn with PH. The PH is an Ishva Lteth Gnoll, which is like the Rosch class in that it can be any caster, ENC, MAG, WIZ, NEC. I have seen mostly MAG and a few NECs and ENCs but no WIZ yet. Also the Nisch Guards still spawn in there but I believe they are still on the old cycle because I saw them twice over a 2 day camp of the room. The room can be done solo by a 49+ NEC, I did it easily at 51 with a 53 dmg pet. Had about 5 Ishva spawns with 2 scrolls, no robe, and brains everytime. Looks to be one Ishva Mal for evey 4 Ishva Lteths. Good Luck."

versus

Nov 29 2000 - Anonymous - "He is NOT a 36 hour spawn. He's a 30 minute spawn with a place holder. Last night he spawned after 3 PH's, so 2 hours."

versus (velious era, but inconsistent with the above)

Jan 01 2001 - Anonymous - "They completely changed him... Ishava is now a Enchanter.. he charms... he is also on a 2 (Yes you heard it right) a 2 hour spawn.. but.. and its a big but.. it can be his PH.. Ishva someotherlastname.. but not Ishva Mal and the PH just drops junk... He has few hit pnts now but has lots of guards and his own pet. I know this is a 2 hr spawn cuz we went back every two hrs. All I want is the Brain to finish my Dread Forged Helm. This is the last item I need. In fact I'm posting this now during my wait time on the next spawn.. it is now roughly 3:40pm CST 1st of Jan. 2001 and he should be back up at 4:40pm CST.. wow 1 more hour. I am gonna take a 45 min nap and then log my cleric back on. Oh BTW I'm lvl 45.. we also have a 52 Necro with us.. and a 44th Shaman. We pull one at a time.. but I won't fool anyone... we did have deaths from time to time... guards aren't easy to pull single. Anyway... this will be our 5th atempt on him.. this was also started after the servers had a reset. So his PH was up right after severs came back online. "

versus (also velious era)

Feb 16 2001 - Anonymous - "Ishva mal doesnt have to be a nerco. I have seen as chanter, and SK as well. brains are a usual drop, scroll less common, and very rare is a robe. pop time on guards outside is 2hrs
The on inside is something like 2hr 30 min, so you have to carefull he doesnt pop with the Ishva.nI camped with a lvl 50 druid and a 54 Paly and didnt have too much trouble till both poped at once"

---

Now, there's one comment from May 2000 (that OP included) that implies it's not a long respawn...

May 03 2000 - Sevrin - "We killed him three times last night and he was blue to me at level 42. He has a LOT of hit points but with three tanks and chain stuns, we took him down pretty easily. We did get 2 of the Necro spells and three brains but no robe."

...but this seems to be an outlier. None of the other comments suggest it's a short timer/PH until late November 2000 (right before Velious launch).

perhaps Acaloom's comment which suggests killing the guards triggers the Ishva Mal may have something to do with the inconsistencies of his spawn time?

if we disregard comments from December 2000 onwards (velious era), most of these comments suggest it's on a long respawn timer.

please read the dates of the oldest comments, not the replys that are 5+ months after:

Let me repost some for you:

May 03 2000 at 12:23 PM Rating: Default
Sevrin
Anonymous
We killed him three times last night and he was blue to me at level 42. He has a LOT of hit points but with three tanks and chain stuns, we took him down pretty easily. We did get 2 of the Necro spells and three brains but no robe.

Jun 10 2000 at 5:37 AM Rating: Decent
anon
Anonymous
that robe isn't worth 40k. And he's not a 36 hour spawn. Where do people get this information from?

And if you read the ones that post that he is longer, they sometime killed something and then came back 18 - 36 h later and found him up or had bad luck with spawn just like the you can have bad luck with AC spawn in OOT or Sro, sometimes you get him back to back other times you camp him for 14h+ and sometimes the spawn just buggs out and is fixed by the GM's or a restart.
And sometimes someone else just killed the PH and left the camp and he's there when you come to the spot.

Basicly the ones that claimed longer camp times failed at EQ=camping a mob and killing the PH over and over and over, there are to many that posted they got him fast for it to be any chance of a longer spawn time. (after may 2000)

and due to the oldest posts with a timer refrence in it, he should in our current time line most definitely be a 28-30 mins spawn with a PH (basicly he fits most mobs from that era regarding spawntimers and ph's)

and I can link you several post from diffrent sites that refutes that he is on a 36h timer. basicly everyone that claims it has heard it from someone else and everyone that claims 28-30 min has camped and killed him several times in one night..
reading all the posts just tells me one thing, people that claimed he's a long spawn are guessing, while people that say that he is a normal spawn, has actually killed him over and over in the same night.

so should we go after: my best friends cat told me that it was a 36h timer or
should we go after, me and my group killed him 3 times in 2h and the PH spawns every 30 mins posts ?

we are talking about a mob that drops a low lev spell (that can drop from other mobs in that area) + a few quest items that are part of or side quests to other quests so it's not a game changing mob, it's a camp it, kill the ph's and get your item and move on mob.

Best Regards

CromCruach
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 07-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Kobold

no one's cat told them anything. you're biased towards the comments which support the outcome you favor. i don't care either way, i just want it to be correct. this is moot anyway because Nilbog already said he's going to change it to the 28 minute PH. (the link from Scrubosaurs post)

my point is we have no way to determine what exactly happened in the groups from the people who posted these comments...

were they killing the guards?
does killing the guards trigger the spawning of the ishva mal?
maybe the ishva mal PH only has a chance to spawn if his guards are dead?
maybe the ishva mal has a fixed % chance of spawning when you kill one of this guards? (quillmane style)
did the people who think its a 30+ hour respawn camp in his room and ignore the guards out front?
were the people who killed him multiple times grouping for exp as well and keeping the entire area clear?

the people who comment that it spawned multiple times in a night could have been doing something correctly to trigger him that they didn't realize, and the people who thought it was a 36 hour spawn were doing something wrong.

we have no way of knowing what was actually going on. but we do know that in every other zone with fixed chance respawn timers on named mobs (froglok king, ghoul lord, efreeti lord, etc) there has never been any controversy or dispute on their spawn times. this makes me doubt the isvha mal is as simple as a 28 minute respawn.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:51 PM
Developer

Nilbog and I fixed it up, pending update.

Note: Could not get the potion use to work correctly, will come back to that later.
Closed Thread