Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Default Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (No Spoiler)

I was curious if anyone else watches the show and what they think.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand was one of the best shows I have seen in quite some time on TV. I don't remember that last TV show that brought out emotions in me like this one did.

If you haven't already seen these shows and are interested in Roman/Gladiator themed shows this is a must see. The first and second episode of Blood and Sand is blah but the rest is amazing.

Asher
Old 01-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Blood and sand was a good show - I wouldn't say one of the best I've ever seen, but very entertaining. I've seen the first two of Gods of the Arena and think it is well done and pretty entertaining. For me, Blood and Sand was better because it was following an actual historical narrative (Spartacus leading the slave uprising). I really like historical dramas that are loosely based on actual events (Rome, the Tudors, etc), and from what I can tell, Gods of the Arena is purely a fictional drama with very little emphasis on any historical happenings.

I've heard they were going to continue Blood and Sand with a different actor. It is a shame that the original actor couldn't continue, but I do hope the move on with the show because I think it has a lot of potential.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Banned

I was very pleased with Blood and Sand.

So far I am enjoying Gods of the Arena too, but nowhere near as much because I dislike the characters on a moral level. I can't feel empathy for shitbags and it hampers my ability to give a shit about what happens to them.

Batiatus and his whore wife for example. Fuck them both, and it seems there's going to be a good deal of focus on them again.

Crixus is the man by the end of Blood and Sand, and steadily throughout the series they developed him into a likable character.

I do like Animaeus(spelling?) and did in Blood and Sand as well.

So while Gods of the Arena may not be as good as Blood and Sand so far, I doubt it will suck by any means.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Banned

come back to eqmac asher, we're actually doing progression [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread