Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Banned

The database snap shots appear to be admissable as evidence in court..

However, the code itself... I mean I could just lie and paste something in myself. That's harder to prove.

Can one of the chiefs of classic implementation explain to me what would be required as proof codewise?

This piece of the convo confirmed for me what part is DB and what part is source:

Quote:
well for resists the source contains a maximum for each mob
^ I would think the DB would have mob specifics (that's how I, or anyone else I consider a talented source dev who uses a DB would do it)... seems real backwards to me but.. this was the 1999 coding approach maybe? I was in high school when these guys were coding this shit and my... how practices have changed... I think storing things in plain text at one point was considered safe as long as the DB software was considered up to date? Lawl.

As far as maximum obtainable, not even mob specific..
Quote:
the DB has maximum displayable; source has maximum obtainable.
Again wtf. You'd think max displayable and attainable would both be static variables in the source if one was being done that way? Or something in the DB that could be changed on the fly.. for what purpose I can't think of a reason without a resist system overhaul... I'm not sure what madness they had going on... but, I'm not sure WHERE (how? heh?) it was stored then as opposed to now on the eqemu source matters.

The point is that 255 is referenced to be the cap and the player sources mentioning it are extremely credible in my eyes. That said, I can't see anyone refuting the point in these few threads that we can find.

This one sticks for me, and trust me I will be quick in the event I make a mistake to readily admit any fault and bring it up any time I put my word on the line (Venril aoe was ferking dumb but misleading based on what was stored/access restriction due to # of modifications.. user not admin access atm, botching the pvp debuff amount from memory.. shoulda fact checked). The -150 resist check and 255 cap are during the same era and I am sure correctly implementing this cap would bring raid encounters much more in line with what I remember. I'd of course never ask for something goofy like the roll over bug to be added somewhere to the timeline for the "true timeline" project completion server that rolls out some day.

This resist stuff is ole Uthgaard's bag along with some of the other head scratcher issues to try and make work here. The current code is "much more classic" than whatever existed before, of this I am certain, however, getting 400 magic or w/e and perma resisting Venril taps is a classic immersion destroyer for me.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-27-2013 at 01:22 PM..
Old 02-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

2002-09-04 11:33 Changed Resistadj from 0 to -150
2002-06-12 12:27 Changed Unknown130 from 0 to 100
2002-06-12 12:27 Changed SpellIcon from to
2002-06-05 11:20 Changed SpellIcon from to
2002-03-07 11:32 Initial Entry

heres lucy from poison breath

Fact is, there were no resist adjustment before the resist change patch. it was all based on levels.

For the funnies, look up diseased cloud, Stream of acid, Chaos breath and stun breath
Old 02-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Banned

Why does this DB have the shadoo stacking issue correct and from a classic Velious source... and also show a -150 for Trakanon? It's irrefutable Nizzarr.

This just makes fight a little more interesting for top end guilds, but in no real way puts them in any risk to be failed by the numbers and gear (hi blue diamonds!) used to engage them.

Stacking MR to 400 to immune VS tap is silly, that is my shining example of why this needs to change. It is insanely not classic. People seem to be JUST fine with hitting the 255 ceiling as far as most things go, we're just removing the ability to overstack and turn some encounters into laughable fights by comparison or make VS killable without enchanters for example (makes me light headed thinking about it, oh my immersion).

Your lucy entry has nothing from the 2000-2001 era for these spells. I see lots of things (look up hundred blows and other things) that are data mined and changed rapidly but then again brought back in line with their classic values. However, their current -150 or what have you resist modifiers match what is being used in what is currently admitted as evidence to change things.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-27-2013 at 01:27 PM..
Old 02-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Give me lure of ice from your DB, if theres a resist adjust on it then the 2002-09-04 patch was applied to it.

Oh wait you wont post that if it has one will you?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Banned

Okay I'll work on getting that. I'm an honest person.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

The spdat is weird differentiating between PC spells and NPC AoE's.

Here is Envenomed Breath and Poison Breath (Velious spdat):

Code:
Envenomed Breath
Adding 3 Poison counters
Decrease Current Hitpoints by 30 (L24)
DoT for 189 Hit Points (HP) in 7 ticks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: Shm (L24)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Range to Target: 200 feet
Pushes Target Back: 0 feet

Skill: Conjuration
Allowable Targets: All

Resistance Check: Poison + 25

Mana Required: 100
Spell Duration: 7 ticks (42 seconds)
Duration Formula: 1
Casting Time: 3.10 seconds
Spell Recovery: 2.50 seconds

Spell cast on you: You have been poisoned.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso has been poisoned.
Spell fades: The poison has run its course.
Code:
Poison Breath
Adding 9 Poison counters
DoT for 750000 Hit Points (HP) in 5000 ticks
Decrease Current Hitpoints by 1200 (L1)

Classes: None

Area Effect Range: 300 feet

Skill: Instantaneous
Allowable Targets: Point Blank AoE

Resistance Check: Poison

Spell Duration: 5000 ticks (500.0 minutes)
Duration Formula: 11
Recast Delay: 35.0 seconds

Spell cast on you: A green mist seeps into your skin.
For the PC spell it has a resist adjust of Poison +25.

Poison Breath has none, just Poison.

The resist adjust had to have been stored server side for these AoE's, Nirgon has shown it being -150.

This could have been done once parsing began on the spdat because they didn't want anyone to know the resist adjust values. Another possibility is anything without +5, +10, +15, +20, +25 had it taken from the server database and was overridden.

Quote:
Give me lure of ice from your DB, if theres a resist adjust on it then the 2002-09-04 patch was applied to it.

Oh wait you wont post that if it has one will you?
There is no way this is possible, the last update to that database was made in May of 2001. I'm sure there are different adjusts for each of those spells you mentioned also -- Stream of Acid, Diseased Cloud, Stun Breath, Chaos Breath. It doesn't really prove anything, it just shows that the adjust was taken server side.

I'm afraid to get the correct Resist adjusts for all AoE's you would have to go through that database spell by spell.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Banned

My boss would ask me if I was feeling OK if I was storing a non-static comparison/type variable inside a class file and not as a system property in the database. The point is, I believe they were taken from code source and moved into the database (aka someone with good design skills got involved).

AKA: spell database is created, all spells are default 0 by that column (hence 0), you see it changed to -150 when someone got to updating that.

I might have more goodies for ya :P, stay tuned!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Kobold

Pic from velious-era with resists over 255. Could be a client issue but why cap all other stats at 255 (note the str) but not resists?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Banned

Again display vs effect gained... mentioned in the comment I posted.

They'd go over 255, then suddenly get hit 100% of the time by things.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

lots of conjecture in this thread no solid facts