Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Fire Giant

That is where it doesn't make sense. "My Bar. Shm as a lvl 7 could lvl to 8 with just 10 Gnoll fangs." Based on that it would be about 12k per, still way under the 19k-20k now. Something dubious about his post though. It was prior to a patch that someone mentioned that he was sure increased experience. "Also as of the Sep 28 2000 Patch this quest seems to be worth more exp to me, worth as much as crushbone belts!!! Any one else want to try to find out and verify if I am right? Because I am only 80% sure on the incresed exp. "
Old 03-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Just read the 9/28/00 patch notes and there is nothing about this quest changing at all.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2000-2.html
Old 03-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

There's a lot dubious about a lot of the posts. They all have different returns on exp. Also that thread has 5 pages, sadly only page one of the comments are archived. Who knows what the next four pages would say.

I'm curious what the motivation is for this change, do you find this non-classic or are you really just upset that a level 20 is killing gnolls in Blackburrow?
Old 03-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is where it doesn't make sense. "My Bar. Shm as a lvl 7 could lvl to 8 with just 10 Gnoll fangs." Based on that it would be about 12k per, still way under the 19k-20k now. Something dubious about his post though. It was prior to a patch that someone mentioned that he was sure increased experience. "Also as of the Sep 28 2000 Patch this quest seems to be worth more exp to me, worth as much as crushbone belts!!! Any one else want to try to find out and verify if I am right? Because I am only 80% sure on the incresed exp. "
10 fangs to go from 7 - 8 means they were hitting the XP per turnin/kill cap. No matter how much xp a mob or quest gives a character cannot gain more than 11% (half a yellow) of xp.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 03-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

I'm pretty sure the 11% rule is only on killing mobs, not quest experience.

Regarding my motivation. The guy who started the bug report (Pin) had made an angry thread asking that trivial loot code be put in so that anyone 18 or higher wouldn't have fangs drop because he wanted to hunt in Blackburrow and not have to compete with other people.

The only part I agreed with is that the experience given was not classic as anything that gave that great of experience would have been very well known on live and it just wasn't. So, I decided to experiment with the math to see. If it's not classic it should be fixed. Personally, I would prefer it stays as is since I'm an altoholic.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Fire Giant

In the Wiki game mechanics section:

"Note: As of July 2013, there is now a maximum XP gained from a single mob of 11%."
Old 03-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

I heard that level one's who turn in the Rogue/Cleric epic for example ding to level 3 or 4 so quest experience wouldn't be capped.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its mobs AND quest. Make a level 1, do the mail quest from felwithe to kelethin. You get 11%. Get to level 4, do the quest again. You get 11%.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 03-29-2014, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Regarding my motivation. The guy who started the bug report (Pin) had made an angry thread asking that trivial loot code be put in so that anyone 18 or higher wouldn't have fangs drop because he wanted to hunt in Blackburrow and not have to compete with other people.

The only part I agreed with is that the experience given was not classic as anything that gave that great of experience would have been very well known on live and it just wasn't. So, I decided to experiment with the math to see. If it's not classic it should be fixed. Personally, I would prefer it stays as is since I'm an altoholic.
It might have slipped through the cracks. Tumpy Tonics obviously got nerfed because at the time it was "discovered" Verant had not began splitting servers and overpopulation was a very real problem. Having 30-40 people running to get Tumpy drunk started to upset the developers.

Orc belts remained in the game and they provide an incredible amount of exp, even after Crushbone greens out.

My guess is it just wasn't noticed because Gnoll Fangs are no drop, hard to sell those for money, and Black Burrow was always a train nightmare. Lots of people stayed away from it. I know I did as noobie.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not believe hybrid penalties apply to quest exp.
Nilbog, the penalty doesn't affect amount of experience received in any way, quest or killing. A 10% penalty simply gives that character a larger "bucket" to fill before they reach the next level.

Unsure if there is now a cap on XP from a single quest turn-in. I know there wasn't one a few years ago because there was some guy doing khukri quests with his level 1 and he'd get several levels per turn-in as he was much lower than the intended level for the quest.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread