Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 10:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Getting stuck in, time to make some friends.

Hail and Well Met!

I recently got into this server after coming across some vids on Youtube and liking what I saw. The classic everquest experience has long eluded me and I am ecstatic to have stumbled across this emu. A veteran since nearly the beginning, my current relationship with Eq had been a sort of love/hate exercise in which I would feel the pangs of nostalgia and log back into my Live EQ account in order to soothe the ache for days past, only to get jaded and burned out by what the game has become. Still the quest for that old familiar feeling goes on, and i have tried everything to recapture those feels. I have played extensively on the Shards of Dalaya emu, starting way back when it was known as Winter's Roar and while it is innovative and refreshing in content, due to the changes with the lore and mechanics of the games it is still not the true classic eq experience I have sought. I also was a fervent participant in both rounds of Progression Servers on EqLive, although I felt appreciative of their attempt, the progression servers to fell short of the mark. Still I have managed to Accrue a roll call of several High Level characters throughout these servers/modes consisting of 85 lvl Sk,Bard,Mage, a lvl 83 Berzerker, 80 Cleric,74 BST and a 72 necro on LiveEQ, as well as a 65 necro and my lvl 60 Monk/Shaman Duo on SoD.
Needless to say I am no stranger to the EQ time sink.
So far I have created two characters on the P99 server, a Paladin Dwarf named Grimrok and a Iksar Necro named Gradalsh and the interaction ive had with the players in the lower end range has been great and reasonably frequent as far as grouping goes. So now i am hooked, and Intend to spend the majority of my free time on this server, which would be Mon/Fri evenings and Weekends (central). I hope to find a guild soon and would love to read anyone's suggestions.

Thank you!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

This is a great server until you get to the raid scene. good lord. there are some issues.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to kingsBlend

hi and welcome
Old 06-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Welcome to the server! Enjoy your stay!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Decaying Skeleton

What sort of issue's in the raid scene?
The usually dramatics and conflict resolutions?
Old 07-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Raid scene is pretty bad. I wouldn't mind it any attention, just enjoy leveling up and exploring. Don't ruin it with all the drama just yet unless you like that sort of thing.