Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-16-2023, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Never had aggro issues before, don’t now.
With a SK I’d just be more inclined to burn mana on vortex and shroud of pain if needed. A good GCD click is worth it’s weight in gold.
Old 08-16-2023, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

aggro isnt an issue, pally can still use same spells, sk just doesnt use disease cloud. They still have shadow vortex, shroud of hate and clinging. SK uses a bit more mana now but neither class has issues holding threat. No one should have issues getting a GCD because ring 9 exists and doesnt take any raiding. Not that im really out here using GCD on my knights.
Old 08-16-2023, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is FoL stronger now vs raid targets than it was before the patch?
I don't know the pre-patch aggro details as well as post but I think the answer is "technically yes" and "it doesn't matter because you easily out-aggro dps and slows get the same moderately increased aggro, so you probably have to cast at the same rate as before."

Quote:
Do we know to what degree it scales with hp and to what high end value?
Each high aggro effect scales up to 1200 max (probably scaling at 1 aggro per 15 hp). Since FoL has both blind and atk debuff you get 2400 max. Blinds are (close to?) unique in having two high aggro effects.
Old 08-16-2023, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Just root and stand closest to the mob.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aggro isnt an issue, pally can still use same spells, sk just doesnt use disease cloud. They still have shadow vortex, shroud of hate and clinging. SK uses a bit more mana now but neither class has issues holding threat. No one should have issues getting a GCD because ring 9 exists and doesnt take any raiding. Not that im really out here using GCD on my knights.
IIRC SK got a lil hit in the unclassic Bladestopper nerf too? IIRC, p1999 removed aggro gained from popping runes/damage absorbs (people were instaspamming Rune IV on raid engages to create a big lead on aggro). Previously, occasionally you may pop a Steelskin/shieldskin on an SK, but now the spell isn't really worth memming unless you're going against a lot of life taps.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-17-2023, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIRC SK got a lil hit in the unclassic Bladestopper nerf too? IIRC, p1999 removed aggro gained from popping runes/damage absorbs (people were instaspamming Rune IV on raid engages to create a big lead on aggro). Previously, occasionally you may pop a Steelskin/shieldskin on an SK, but now the spell isn't really worth memming unless you're going against a lot of life taps.
i guess, i never was out there popping them, someone may have. we just use a bit more mana but threat isnt an issue since DC was so cheap and vortex/clinging/shroud of hate isnt as cheap.
Old 08-17-2023, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Steelskin did used to generate mild to moderate aggro (“aoe” aggro for anything you were on the hate list for) but was less than ideal. It’s mana intensive for the purpose of threat and has a 4.5 sec cast time. Costs a jasper but those are pretty cheap.

I carry jaspers on my necro and will make use of it from time to time vs the more expensive rune, but even before rune aggro nerf I probably wouldn’t have bothered with it on a Sk for threat purposes.

It is useful for pre-loading when harm touches are in the equation or on a heavy hitter in group content to help speed bump the dps until the mob is debuffed and slowed.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-17-2023, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Steelskin did used to generate mild to moderate aggro (“aoe” aggro for anything you were on the hate list for) but was less than ideal. It’s mana intensive for the purpose of threat and has a 4.5 sec cast time. Costs a jasper but those are pretty cheap.

I carry jaspers on my necro and will make use of it from time to time vs the more expensive rune, but even before rune aggro nerf I probably wouldn’t have bothered with it on a Sk for threat purposes.

It is useful for pre-loading when harm touches are in the equation or on a heavy hitter in group content to help speed bump the dps until the mob is debuffed and slowed.
The only real loss from the rune change was VP pulling, can’t just use a beard for it now. Rest is fluff and didn’t matter.