Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-28-2023, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While we're talking about Paladins, I'm gonna hijack this thread to ask a related question. Do Paladins wear fungi much at 60? Because many melees do and if you don't like your race's plain chain BP graphic, you're gonna have a bad time.

Human and Half Elf both have solid chain graphics, but HiE is pretty oof.
While leveling up sure, I guess. With the DW helm it's probably fine for solo stuff.

I stopped clicking my helm and bp a lot at 59. Medding for 175hp/tick you can cast between swings is hard to beat. I still have the helm bagged but sold the BP. That is the bp to wear if you want free fast heals; it's also less than half the price of a fungi.
Old 08-28-2023, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

If you don't have crown of narandi you're gonna have a bad time.
Old 08-28-2023, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't have crown of narandi you're gonna have a bad time.
ehh, i sold both my narandi's, hobarts ftw
Old 08-29-2023, 10:15 AM
Banned

you could go all in on DEX with a half elf as a lot of ppl did on live back in the day and grab a ghoulbane and call it good once u ding lvl 55 or 60 with a DW helm.

That is kinda pretty much how pallies did it back then.

Human for cool factor for sure tho and balanced stats are always nice when it comes to gearing as u will never be strongly lacking in anything important.
Old 08-29-2023, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you could go all in on DEX with a half elf as a lot of ppl did on live back in the day and grab a ghoulbane and call it good once u ding lvl 55 or 60 with a DW helm.

That is kinda pretty much how pallies did it back then.

Human for cool factor for sure tho and balanced stats are always nice when it comes to gearing as u will never be strongly lacking in anything important.
Tried that build. Ghoulbane ratio is garbage. Better just getting a reaver and avoiding undead entirely.
Old 08-30-2023, 02:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revanx22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is one better than the other? I really like the looks and stats of human, but I'm not sure how hard night blindness is to deal with. I was able to snag one of the serpent sight rings, but giving up an item slot just to see seems like it could be a pain as I level up and get better gear.

My only real issue with half elf is the horrible starting wisdom. I've tried to look it up and I see some people say it doesn't matter due to mana regen being more important, and others say wisdom is the most important. Kind of lost on which one is true. They do have high dex and agility, but does that really do much?

Finally, any help with starting stats would be great. I was thinking 5 stam 15 wisdom for half elf, and 5 strength, 5 wisdom, 10 stamina for human. No real idea if that's dumb or not, the wiki says dump all in stamina but I don't know if that's accurate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I only have about 10k to gear him, if that makes a difference.
Human is better.