Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-30-2023, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should really be a requirement to provide some context for these kinda sentiments

Soloing on a rogue with a 1k budget sounds like torture
1k plus a regen tunic… thats an 11k budget!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-30-2023, 03:17 AM
Fire Giant

I solo'd a rogue a lot with a ring 10, salindrite dagger, horn of hsagra, priceless weaps, primal bow, white dragon helm, fungi, cloak of flames, 2 x AoB items, chardok ring2, beads, aon, etc etc from level 5ish.

It's not as good as a 10k geared monk.
Old 08-30-2023, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I solo'd a rogue a lot with a ring 10, salindrite dagger, horn of hsagra, priceless weaps, primal bow, white dragon helm, fungi, cloak of flames, 2 x AoB items, chardok ring2, beads, aon, etc etc from level 5ish.

Ranger would have been infinitely more fun with that gear.
Old 08-30-2023, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

wow you're so cool
Old 08-30-2023, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

I think where the devs messed up was making monks good dps. They should be like below bards imo. Would have been a neat class still for pulling/mitigation, the concept of a monk is more peaceful anyway. And they’d be way more balanced. My monk was still topping Raid parses well into later xpacs
Old 08-30-2023, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Why would a rogue need beads at level 5? And why get priceless weps if you got salindrite dagger / horn of hsagra?

Either way, same. Monk with SCHW + Peacebringer is better at solo than an ultra geared rogue
Old 08-30-2023, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revanx22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Constant cannibalizing has started to drive me crazy and I want something more chill.
Try soloing. Much less Cannibalization. I parsed my actions in group as shaman, 75% of them were casting Cannibalize / Grim Aura earring. 25% was split between slows, buffs and occasional heal.

It also gets better with Canni 4. Canni 3 sucks, and you have to cast it many more times than you would canni 4.
Old 08-30-2023, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try soloing. Much less Cannibalization. I parsed my actions in group as shaman, 75% of them were casting Cannibalize / Grim Aura earring. 25% was split between slows, buffs and occasional heal.

It also gets better with Canni 4. Canni 3 sucks, and you have to cast it many more times than you would canni 4.
Yeah things get better with Canni 4 and Torpor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPxeOVuX0G8 - I am doing 19 actions per minute on average in this fight.
Old 08-30-2023, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try it. You would be amazed at what the modern game economy can get a rogue, or warrior set up with for just 1k and solo effectively.
Bro can u even buy 1 piece of gear for less than 1k plat that isn't just like banded armor
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-31-2023, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro can u even buy 1 piece of gear for less than 1k plat that isn't just like banded armor
Wouldn't have haste, and can barely afford HP rings. so might as well spend 100p for banded armor, and spend 900p on decent weps. Guard captains Mallet and Jade mace or something.