Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-09-2023, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only downside with them is they are often camped.
Not even really a downside - proves they are an applicable target for testing.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-09-2023, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not even really a downside - proves they are an applicable target for testing.
That's true! I more just mean that if you don't have a lot of time to play, you won't get a chance to do testing.
Old 11-09-2023, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Parsing is the worst way to gauge mob toughness. Raw logs only thanks.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Parsing is the worst way to gauge mob toughness. Raw logs only thanks.
Yes, please post raw logs so we can double check the parser. It's not difficult to do since you need logging enabled anyway. Logs provide additonal insight since you get more data like what spells you cast, how often you were stunned, number of ripostes, etc.

Things like ripostes will skew the parser's data. Let's say we are testing how much STR affects DPS. If I get 15 ripostes on mob A with 200 STR, and I get 5 ripostes on mob B with 230 STR, that will cause the DPS number on Mob A to more closely resemble the DPS number on mob B. It makes it harder to see how much of a difference STR actually made.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

He was being sarcastic.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-09-2023, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was being sarcastic.
I know, but he happens to be correct, which is why his sarcasm didn't work as intended. Please post the raw logs!
Old 11-09-2023, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, please post raw logs so we can double check the parser. It's not difficult to do since you need logging enabled anyway. Logs provide additonal insight since you get more data like what spells you cast, how often you were stunned, number of ripostes, etc.

Things like ripostes will skew the parser's data. Let's say we are testing how much STR affects DPS. If I get 15 ripostes on mob A with 200 STR, and I get 5 ripostes on mob B with 230 STR, that will cause the DPS number on Mob A to more closely resemble the DPS number on mob B. It makes it harder to see how much of a difference STR actually made.
This is why I suggest looking at hits not dps. It controls for random factors like random variance in frequency of hits and focuses in on the thing actually being measured.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-09-2023, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, but do consider shady is a mob that gets killed just about never so it isn’t a realistic parse. Ideally parses would be on mobs killed for xp/raid/solo or mobs which perform similarly to those targets. Shady is pretty exceptional.
Yea but he’s always the same level, has like 5k hps, 6 min repop or so, won’t straight up murder you, etc.

It’s a soul crusher but a consistent one; if you can’t handle doing crap DPS just come up with a multiplier. It’s really difficult to control variables when testing raid targets. It’s definitely better than parsing on the little turtle in Iceclad or Bloodmaw when every hit is a winner.