Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 11:11 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammbone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one way to to find out - would like a discord update/server status : P We get our game out and figure out what theory is correct.
i promise you will get updates when we have enough to justify an update. unless something unforeseen happens discord is coming soonish. we just need to make sure the experience is both fun and rewarding for the people that are interested in playing there. when a player dies and loses literally everything, we on staff want to know we did everything in our power to ensure it was done in a legit manner. and obviously our antiscumbag mechanics are not something we can discuss.

on the stream i think Rogean misunderstood a question i was asking in regards to what if a cheater causes you to lose your toon. i think he took it as me asking what tools we have to stop cheaters, as opposed to how we would handle the victim's situation. and i assure you that i will do everything in my power to ensure that your future deaths are as clean as they can be.

should make for good fun, good lulz, and good rnf

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 09-30-2015, 11:12 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RMT on discord......

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you must be new here. welcome to project 1999

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 09-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on the stream i think Rogean misunderstood a question i was asking in regards to what if a cheater causes you to lose your toon. i think he took it as me asking what tools we have to stop cheaters, as opposed to how we would handle the victim's situation. and i assure you that i will do everything in my power to ensure that your future deaths are as clean as they can be.
That was my question, I think (I mentioned Fansy), and I did mean what staff would do for a person if someone exploiting mechanics got them killed. Thanks for the clarification!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 09-30-2015, 12:49 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the semi update Boss
Old 10-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when we say limited to no staff/GM interference, we mostly just mean that we wont be settling camp disputes, or 15 year old scams, etc

we will obviously still watch for, and enforce our zero tolerance policy regarding the usage of all third party programs. and of course we will still diligently hunt down RMT. we wouldnt open a server just to make it a cesspool of bad. it may be discord, but there are still basic things that will be enforced as Project Rules, even if server specific rules are lacking.
Will this version of Discord have similar rules to the original, when it comes to restrictions of one character per account, one account per server? How about the level cap being 50 and the zones limited to original EQ? These were some of the features of the original back in 2003.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 10-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Skeleton

Do we know when this is due, and how long it shall be?

Never played EverQuest before this, loving it so far!
Old 10-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will this version of Discord have similar rules to the original, when it comes to restrictions of one character per account, one account per server? How about the level cap being 50 and the zones limited to original EQ? These were some of the features of the original back in 2003.
Almost all of these have already been answered. Classic zones? Yes. Level cap of 50? Yes. One char per account? What does it matter? People have access to unlimited accounts here since they aren't paid for with subscription fees etc.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Is this discord going to be like live discord? Secretly a scum magnet designed purely with the intention of trying out new anti-scum software?

Regardless, I loved the discord rule set and look forward to playing again!
Old 10-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

i will be an assassin for hire.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:14 AM
Fire Giant

Bump, no word [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]