Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Introduction

Hello Project 1999,

Just found you guys can't wait to experience Norrath again. Now I must confess I started EQ at the release of planes of power. So this will have plenty of new experiences for me.

I don't have a lot of time to play the game, so I will surely be solo quite a bit unless I am lucky enough to stumble upon a player or two.

I guess I had two questions for the community,

Will the server eventually implement further expansions?

Is there a chance of finding some players in the mid levels?

I'm a glutton for punishment and will likely be playing an Ogre Shaman, I'd appreciate any tips, tricks, or learning experiences! (I have been researching some guides so I'm not entirely lost)

-nosrek
Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

There are plenty of people to group with at lower levels.

1. Velious will be implemented. So far no intention to implement any beyond that.
2. Yes.

Ogre Shaman? Glutton for punishment? That's not exactly the hardest combo to play. Unless you hate buffing...
Old 04-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome to p99. There is a healthy mid-level population and if you know where to look, or expend even a minimal effort in putting a group together, you will have people to play with. The server will eventually implement Velious but to my knowledge there are no plans for expansions after that.

Tips for a shaman:

-Inner fire is a buff, but it is also the most powerful heal in the game at the early levels. Your mana will regenerate every six seconds. If you sit for the mana regen, then stand and cast inner fire, and quickly sit for the next mana regen you can continue healing almost indefinitely. This is a dramatic improvement in the quality of life for a newbie shaman and a great way to keep your newbie level groups alive if they aren't taking excessive damage.

-Similar logic applies to cannibalize at 24. If you sit for the med ticks and do your canni's in between, you will be more efficient.

-A pair of 5 ac 55 hit point rings (Platinum Fire Wedding Rings) are a very cost effective purchase early on, once you get enough money. Don't underestimate how much 110hp will save your life in the early-mid levels
Last edited by Ephirith; 04-30-2013 at 01:08 PM..
Old 04-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosrek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm a glutton for punishment and will likely be playing an Ogre Shaman, I'd appreciate any tips, tricks, or learning experiences! (I have been researching some guides so I'm not entirely lost)

-nosrek
Ogre shaman is one of the most op late game classes so not exactly 'punishment' If you want punishment go roll a hybrid (ranger, sk, paladin) =P

There are tons of groups for low levels, my experience from leveling up a few months ago was that level 25-45 really thins out, lots of people in the 5-20 range, then exp slows and people remember how slow eq can be and quit I guess.

Good thing about a shaman is that you are probably the best duo class for mele dps and this server is not short on twink monks & rogues. Once you get to 30 ish you can just grab a fungi tunic monk and haste/regen the monk, slow the mob and everyone is happy =P. The perk to a shaman is also that the higher level they get the easier it is to solo as opposed to most classes where the higher you get the harder it is to solo.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

@fadetree, simply meant for solo'ing purposes. It would probably be smarter if I did a necormancer or druid.

@Ephirith, thanks for the tip on sitting that's a sweet trick. As far as buying and selling, without the bazaar where's the place for player trading?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosrek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
where's the place for player trading?
East Commonlands, in the tunnel that connects EC to Nro. One zone west of Freeport. Nearest Druid port is West Commonlands, nearest Wizard port is North Ro or West Commonlands.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Kobold

What time will you typically be playing? I'd be happy to give you a little help to jump start your character.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am thinking a few days a week I might do an hour or so between 5-8 am MST. Then maybe an evening or two a week between ten and midnight.

Characters name will be Nosrek, i created a place holder toon with it this morning after I successfully set everything up.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not short on twink monks & rogues.
Start /who-ing

There is definitely a shortage of rogues up to 35 right now in prime time. Not a ton of monks either. Lots of casters. Shortage of tanks.

In the three months I've been playing, I've had three rogues in my guild. All three have quit playing. Two of them were new to the server but some how managed to have fungi tunic and epic weapons before level 20. (Amazing how that works) Both quit playing at level 50 and 51. I guess it must be the point where they are not as overpowered.

Maybe the rogues who do keep playing just breeze through the 1 - 50 so fast I don't see them in /who.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

On my old SK, the best group I was ever in was in MM:-

1 SK
1 cleric
4 rogues

... no joke, and the group wasn't planned either. I've never seen stuff die so fast, and so consistently (and this was before all the fungis and haste items being widespread) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread