Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Kobold

Any plans to upgrade guard assist further so that they assist the party they care more for?
Old 03-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this is going to come off as a rant but it's meant seriously, holocaust has zero people banned for boxing. Nihilum has multiple accounts currently banned for boxing, killjoy, ozer, zyrin, fallen, bruuce, the list goes on and on. What a shock Destin, a nihilum member, is lobbying for leniency. If these people are unbanned I for one am quitting this server as it would have lost the little shred of credibility it had left.
I dont know how many times I've seen Holo members with 2 or more in zone and numerous characters immediately log when I roll up. I leave, and come back, again, same people are there, and disappear. I'm not even going to name names, I just don't care, but if you think I don't know what that is, you're mistaken. Maybe you aren't privy to what people in your guild do, but I am. Both here, and on previous boxes. I could be like Holocaust and urge Nihilum to send guildwide whine petitions about everything, 99% of which are wrong, but I'm not a whiny, envious, snitching douche-bag of a man-child like most Holo members.

@Amelinda - I know you know the statistics on what players are abusing IP exemption, and that they are vastly higher than those using other methods of boxing. Every player I've ever heard about being caught boxing did it via IP exemptions. If they are using other methods then I understand them being dealt with accordingly, but the average person breaking this rule is going to be doing it using a method you can easily moderate.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
# Is global /auction being considered at all (or separately from ooc)?

(Amelinda)Well... since it's not classic...no.
I feel like I've been trolled with this answer. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Classic" was 80+ players in Gfay and a good chunk in Nektolus actually trading with eachother.

Let me just rephrase with a cover-all question: will things ever be changed based on the server population (ie: if we have 100 people, it works this way, if we have 5000 people, we'll do it this way)?

Exp loss on PvP death was on none of the classic servers (VZ, TZ, RZ, SZ). I've never actually heard why this was implemented by the developers, so maybe that's a better question to be asking.

I love you to death Amelinda, but shouldn't the actual devs be doing this Q&A thing? Are they going to post here at any point?
Old 03-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

the "not classic" argument has ruined the best classic everquest emu server
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exp loss on PvP death was on none of the classic servers (VZ, TZ, RZ, SZ).
Exp loss on Pvp death was an integral part of SZ.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:45 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this is going to come off as a rant but it's meant seriously, holocaust has zero people banned for boxing. Nihilum has multiple accounts currently banned for boxing, killjoy, ozer, zyrin, fallen, bruuce, the list goes on and on. What a shock Destin, a nihilum member, is lobbying for leniency. If these people are unbanned I for one am quitting this server as it would have lost the little shred of credibility it had left.
1. Quit shitting up my thread with arguing.

2. Quit talking as though you can see who was banned for what in which guild because this statement:

Quote:
holocaust has zero people banned for boxing
is totally false. TOTALLY. FALSE.

3. take this to a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know how many times I've seen Holo members with 2 or more in zone and numerous characters immediately log when I roll up. I leave, and come back, again, same people are there, and disappear. I'm not even going to name names, I just don't care, but if you think I don't know what that is, you're mistaken. Maybe you aren't privy to what people in your guild do, but I am. Both here, and on previous boxes. I could be like Holocaust and urge Nihilum to send guildwide whine petitions about everything, 99% of which are wrong, but I'm not a whiny, envious, snitching douche-bag of a man-child like most Holo members.

@Amelinda - I know you know the statistics on what players are abusing IP exemption, and that they are vastly higher than those using other methods of boxing. Every player I've ever heard about being caught boxing did it via IP exemptions. If they are using other methods then I understand them being dealt with accordingly, but the average person breaking this rule is going to be doing it using a method you can easily moderate.
1. Quit shitting up my thread with arguing.

2. I'm not quite as dumb as people think I am.

3. Take it to another thread.

4. The reason all the players that were caught boxing admit to being on the same IP is because they don't want to admit that i'm smarter than them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like I've been trolled with this answer. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Classic" was 80+ players in Gfay and a good chunk in Nektolus actually trading with eachother.

Let me just rephrase with a cover-all question: will things ever be changed based on the server population (ie: if we have 100 people, it works this way, if we have 5000 people, we'll do it this way)?

Exp loss on PvP death was on none of the classic servers (VZ, TZ, RZ, SZ). I've never actually heard why this was implemented by the developers, so maybe that's a better question to be asking.

I love you to death Amelinda, but shouldn't the actual devs be doing this Q&A thing? Are they going to post here at any point?
Seary: I like you but chill the fuck out. I pasted questions to them so you need to be patient.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galanteer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exp loss on Pvp death was an integral part of SZ.

Alright, I overlooked that.

It's marginal anyway, probably wasn't even worth asking. I could just see it being a potential huge problem on a server where bind camping is legal.

Quote:
the "not classic" argument has ruined the best classic everquest emu server
I get the "classic" baseline, because that's the intention and they want to steer clear of CUSTOM EZ 10X XP LOOT PVP KINGS SERVER69

Classic is subjective though. Channels covering multiple zones may not be classic from a dev standpoint, but channels that get used by 50+ players are.

Quote:
Seary: I like you but chill the fuck out. I pasted questions to them so you need to be patient.
I would rather you not have to be the bridge between dev and player.

I won't guilt trip them into posting here since that is shitty + we're really entitled to nothing. We need to improve the relationship between player and staff, though. This is probably more important than anything else being covered here. What can the players do to help?
Old 03-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I could just see it being a potential huge problem on a server where bind camping is legal.
bind camping was legal on SZ.

One big difference though was that you could only cause exp loss from one person to another a set number of times per hour (like 5?? -long ago can't recall, can't find the # anywhere)
Old 03-25-2012, 11:13 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Alright, I overlooked that.

It's marginal anyway, probably wasn't even worth asking. I could just see it being a potential huge problem on a server where bind camping is legal.

I get the "classic" baseline, because that's the intention and they want to steer clear of CUSTOM EZ 10X XP LOOT PVP KINGS SERVER69

Classic is subjective though. Channels covering multiple zones may not be classic from a dev standpoint, but channels that get used by 50+ players are.

I would rather you not have to be the bridge between dev and player.

I won't guilt trip them into posting here since that is shitty + we're really entitled to nothing. We need to improve the relationship between player and staff, though. This is probably more important than anything else being covered here. What can the players do to help?
I would rather not have to be bridge also. but i'll do it. What can players do to help?
Troll less.
Be more helpful / less rude when a GM speaks to them. That makes me hostile.
Don't do underhanded shit.
Don't act entitled and needy.
offer to help with the server in a constructive manner such as submit your guide application or offer to develop. If you can't program or don't thinik i'd make you a guide (Lol you can think of a few that last one fits) then offer to research for the devs. you can always find nilbog's post on how to research, research and post info for the devs.

report bugs diligently.

lazortag (giegue) is one of the most avid bug reporters we have. he knows a lot about game mechanics. (I know a lot about the mechanics but i don't care to explain them in the detail he does)

Create less work for me. (Don't shit up irc and the forums which makes me expend energy and become angry )

these are the ways players can help.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:41 PM
VIP / Contributor

Developer Questions
These are questions that are best answered by Null
  • Will the resist system continue to be customized or is there a goal to return it to a more literal classic system?

It is likely that it will always be custom, but the general direction right now is to make it more classic than it currently is.

• Can experience rates be discussed?

I think that the changes that Rogean made to the EXP curve were good. I am sort of indifferent to increasing them in the same form (easier early game, hard late game) but I am against increasing EXP gains across the board.

• Is there any room for discussion about the pro's and con's of the experience loss mechanic?

Pro: Creates an upkeep for bindrushing and general haphazard play.
    Pro: Puts a potentially high cost (when combined with corpse camping) on attacking a raid force with a lesser raid force just to run out the clock.
    Pro: It's a death penalty that is not item loot.
    Pro: Promotes grouping because of safety in numbers, more so than not having a penalty.
    Pro: It's not item loot.

Con: Unprovoked corpse camping hurts and leaves a general bad taste
    Con: Leveling generally sucks and going back over ground that you have already covered doubly sucks.

• has any thought been given to reducing the pvp xp loss penalty?

I've thought about it, but its already very low, just about negligable. Takes what, 2-3 blue con mobs to get the EXP back?

• do you guys feel as if there may be something wrong with the current threat/hate/aggro system? is it on your radar at all or are you comfortable with how it works currently

Not my department, this ones for Rogean / Nilbog.

• is mob pathing/warping/running through walls on your radar at all? some dungeons seem worse then others.

Not my department, this ones for Rogean / Nilbog.

• Will there be any type of warning prior to patches? (Not a timeline specifically).

Not my department, but I can say pretty confidently that its unlikely.

• Will some spells be tweaked/removed (whirl for example) to encourage longer/more dynamic PVP?

Whirl is nerfed into the ground, to the point that its impossible to land on anyone with even modest MR. In general I don't like the idea of outright removing spells from PvP.

• Will experience rates be reevaluated? Many feel experience is too slow for a PVP server where people are here to PVP, and have "done the grind" already on blue.

We had an issue on VZTZ where the EXP rates where way too high, to the point that people would create throwaway accounts in a day just for the purpose of training and exploiting. Having EXP rates high is a good thing from a GM perspective because judgments have a lot more weight, and if you ban someone it hurts because the time investment in that character is measured in played days instead of played hours.

With that said, it doesn't mean that the EXP rates wont go up. I am just trying to toss out some reasoning that I don't think ends up on many Pro/Con lists.
Last edited by Null; 03-25-2012 at 02:44 PM..
Closed Thread