Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Kobold

As for myself running <Dial-A-Port> I generally encourage all our members not use use the word "Donation" as we are a pay for port service. Those who do use it give up the right to bitch if someone stiffs them for a ride. With that being said we also don't charge a set amount for a ride either and leave it up to the portee to decide the amount given and for the most part the majority of the player base is very kind in what they give.

I think that most players follow a porting etiquette and make it more then worth while to offer any kind of porting service, with that being said there are those who don't and give amounts that are basically a slap in the face. When this situation happens to me I will still port the individual but then add them to my ignore list and not do so again as will many of my members.

Supremacydru <Dial-A-Port> GL
Old 05-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtynads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for myself running <Dial-A-Port> I generally encourage all our members not use use the word "Donation" as we are a pay for port service.
Thank you, someone who understands what I'm advocating.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurbLikesPPStill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they still take donations you dumbass he just said the members cant bitch about being fucked over by dumbasses
His guild members take payments, and if one of the members mistakenly ask for a donation and doesn't receive any pay for porting then it's their own fault for using the term 'donation' - this is what he said.

But that is not about what I posted, and it seems a number of the people responding here still don't know what this thread is about, so I'll boil it down to this:

By definition, the term 'donation' no longer applies when it is demanded.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

I try to go at least 50pp minimum. Goes higher the quicker I get a response, the nicer they are, and if they are not a wood elf.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 05-30-2014, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Why does this aggravate you so much man? You're really not going to give someone money for a port just because they aren't demanding.a certain amount? Of course they want plat. Otherwise they would just say, "porting to anywhere for free."
Old 05-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

this is rant worthy? why is this allowed? mein volk, mochtest besser?
Old 05-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Is it really doing volunteer work when a judge makes it mandatory?
Old 05-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does this aggravate you so much man? You're really not going to give someone money for a port just because they aren't demanding.a certain amount? Of course they want plat. Otherwise they would just say, "porting to anywhere for free."
I see I'm still not understood despite having clarified before in this thread. Allow me to reiterate:

I am not against paying for being ported, quite the contrary, I pay, and I pay gladly.

This thread is about definition. Read through the thread, and it should be clear.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezante [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see I'm still not understood despite having clarified before in this thread. Allow me to reiterate:

I am not against paying for being ported, quite the contrary, I pay, and I pay gladly.

This thread is about definition. Read through the thread, and it should be clear.
Oh you're just being an overly sensitive hyper grammarian. Ok. Waste of a post then.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

ped·ant noun \ˈpe-dənt\
: a person who annoys other people by correcting small errors and giving too much attention to minor details
Closed Thread