Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

Btw, no clue how these addons work. How do I add these shits onto my thing? I'm not understanding how this works even after reading their "how to"
Old 02-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Not looking good
Old 02-15-2014, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

66k per day to fund. looking bleak. prob break poor brad's heart.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:04 AM
Sarnak

goto kickstarter > discover > ending soon (top right) > then look at all of the projects ending soon. They either fail miserably or else they fund above and beyond the goal. Barely any finish between 50-95%, meaning once they are half-way, the community doesn't allow failure. So I still have hope!!
Old 02-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

past the halfway mark. unless someone pulls out.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Six days left!

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/158...n/#chart-daily

When does p99 get Velious again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:37 PM
Orc

If i win the loto on tue this game will be funded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Corpse runs are back:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/02...-a-corpse-run/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

Hey guys only need 100k per day to fund! cant wait to see which stretch goals we meet!
Old 02-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pantheon: Rise of the Corpses.

Honestly, I'm fine with it if they can put it in a new light or change it to make it more appealing. It's not the idea of running to get a corpse that's bad, it's just not offering anything new.

I'm split on this. I think it can work, but yet it also tastes bad in my mouth.

If you think back to EQ in its heyday, I think the biggest things against corpse runs were:
1) If you fail to get your corpse after ~7 days, it's deleted
2) If you can't get it yourself or someone else can't get it then there's no last resort
3) Having to run all the way back, sometimes through several zones
4) If you died in a out of the way place, who'll rez you or help you return to it?

What they need is a system that has options, like:
1) Summon your corpse from anywhere, but it costs experience and money
2) Respawn at the corpse, but it costs some experience
3) Respawn as a ghost and can get your corpse with minimal danger and it costs you minor experience.
4) Respawn without your gear and return to your corpse and it costs no experience

(there should be no ONE answer for everyone... all the options depend on the circumstances)

The above system would only be in-place in certain zones, not all zones. Maybe they could be called "champion" zones. The lore could be about how your soul is trapped to your corpse in those special zones, so it must be retrieved. In the other zones other systems could be in-place, allowing for flexibility in design. This would help to take the focus away from EQ and bring it into the new era without dragging mud into it.

Something like that, but with more thought put into it.

And note that the respawning and/or travel in Pantheon will be more convenient, more than likely. Corpse runs won't be the nightmare people remember from EQ where they might have to run from one end of the world to another. There're a variety of ways they can do this. I hope it has emphasis on player choices.

I think this game will NOT be EQ1 by any stretch based on what I've read, so I'm not afraid of this game making that mistake, BUT even a newer version of EQ might be too outdated for a modern niche audience. I think they have a target audience of some 25,000 - 50,000. Can they reach that population with these mechanics? Keep in mind they've mentioned Pantheon will be a combination of ideas from EQ and Vanguard and other games, so there're indications it'll be founded on a richer tapestry of ideas. Indeed, with discussions of cross-server travel and instances and "mega-server" concepts, I think they're trying to be as modern as they can.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 02-18-2014 at 12:42 AM..
Closed Thread