Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why
Yeah it's nonsense.

Can't we factor in whether this item provides a monk any benefit to his primary function here?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SO many factors probably involved.

To all the people that say NBG should be the sole priority I say this:

Imagine an up and coming monk that is also a part of a top guild that has the ability to easily just buy the staff for him without denting the guilds bank would you be happy for him to have it ? YES

Where do you draw the line here you NBGers? Is there a line? or is it black and white for you ?
There is no line. If someone in group can equip the item and its a upgrade i wont roll. If no one else agrees and everyone rolls for greed anyway i will roll and if i win i give it to the toon that could use. Have done it in the past and will continue to do that way.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Fire Giant

Your monk doesn't actually need the Tstaff. You can play without it.

Stop presenting it like everyone owes you something. There is not a comparable item for any other class in that zone. Stop acting like its fair to go to a monk. Its not fair, unless its a friend/guildy.

Its not really need before greed, its still greed.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no line. If someone in group can equip the item and its a upgrade i wont roll. If no one else agrees and everyone rolls for greed anyway i will roll and if i win i give it to the toon that could use. Have done it in the past and will continue to do that way.
Yea, no one ever sells items they got from NBG. Lets all be noble and take the high ground, like this idiot.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, no one ever sells items they got from NBG. Lets all be noble and take the high ground, like this idiot.
Yes it happens. Atleast on live from my experience 9/10 times the people kept the items and the next time you saw them they still had it or had upgraded to something better. Keeping calling me a idiot though cause i'll play how i want to play and have a much more enjoyable time then you.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes it happens. Atleast on live from my experience 9/10 times the people kept the items and the next time you saw them they still had it or had upgraded to something better. Keeping calling me a idiot though cause i'll play how i want to play and have a much more enjoyable time then you.
So they sold it and collected coin after upgrading. Thanks for making my point.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Kobold

I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned this in all this nonsense. Here is the monk epic: Celestial Fists

You will note that the monk epic goes in the hand slot. Here is the Tranquil Staff: Tranquil Staff

It's a nice weapon. 29 damage with 30 delay and a proc that's really nice when soloing. It's a 2H Blunt weapon, so it goes in the primary slot. How do you suppose that interacts with the monk epic? Yes, you're probably going to use your tstaff situationally when you have epic and and SoS, but you're probably not going to sell it. Here is another nice weapon: Imbued Fighters Staff

It is also a 29 damage 30 delay weapon, but without the proc. In a group situation, It's effectively the same; the monk is probably pulling and not meleeing for all of a mob's life, so the difference to a group is so negligible as to be unnoticeable. The IFS sells for about 5K.

So what we basically have in this thread are a bunch of people who don't know what a monk epic is telling people how they should divide loot in high end camps.

It's okay, kids. You can NBG your Upper Guk camps and that's fine with everyone. Just don't pretend you know what's up at high value camps, because you don't. The line is somewhere around 2K or 3K. Above that and you'd better hope to get lucky on /random 100, because that's how it's going to be decided unless you're with close friends. It's doubtful that even your guild mates are going to hand over 10K or 30K or 80K just because you want an upgrade.

All this talk about blacklisting is ridiculous. Thalock or whatever can choose to not group with any NBG people. That just means he won't be at any of the camps with any valuable loot. Good luck saving up for your upgrades by selling fine steel.

On a final note, I don't want to group with any monk too clueless to realize that he's playing the most mindlessly overpowered class in the game and who doesn't know how to farm for himself.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned this in all this nonsense. Here is the monk epic: Celestial Fists

You will note that the monk epic goes in the hand slot. Here is the Tranquil Staff: Tranquil Staff

It's a nice weapon. 29 damage with 30 delay and a proc that's really nice when soloing. It's a 2H Blunt weapon, so it goes in the primary slot. How do you suppose that interacts with the monk epic? Yes, you're probably going to use your tstaff situationally when you have epic and and SoS, but you're probably not going to sell it. Here is another nice weapon: Imbued Fighters Staff

It is also a 29 damage 30 delay weapon, but without the proc. In a group situation, It's effectively the same; the monk is probably pulling and not meleeing for all of a mob's life, so the difference to a group is so negligible as to be unnoticeable. The IFS sells for about 5K.

So what we basically have in this thread are a bunch of people who don't know what a monk epic is telling people how they should divide loot in high end camps.

It's okay, kids. You can NBG your Upper Guk camps and that's fine with everyone. Just don't pretend you know what's up at high value camps, because you don't. The line is somewhere around 2K or 3K. Above that and you'd better hope to get lucky on /random 100, because that's how it's going to be decided unless you're with close friends. It's doubtful that even your guild mates are going to hand over 10K or 30K or 80K just because you want an upgrade.

All this talk about blacklisting is ridiculous. Thalock or whatever can choose to not group with any NBG people. That just means he won't be at any of the camps with any valuable loot. Good luck saving up for your upgrades by selling fine steel.

On a final note, I don't want to group with any monk too clueless to realize that he's playing the most mindlessly overpowered class in the game and who doesn't know how to farm for himself.

this and ive had epic clerics roll on stuff, win it and it was "technically an upgrade" beucase it had +30hp and some +stam but meh it is what it is, gl getting anything outside of EC when your 55+
Old 10-28-2012, 02:07 AM
Banned

IFS or bust
Old 10-28-2012, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IFS or bust
Yeah, I sold the 2 tstaffs I got while soloing because I acutally prefer the imbued fighters staff. Btw, when would a necro, wiz, druid, ranger ever get to call nbg on an item? Probably never, I had to farm plat and buy all my upgrades...nbg favors only a few classes at a few camps while excluding in many cases the classes required to hold loot camps. OP is a halfwit who thinks they don't have to work for it if they want nice items....btw tstaff so overrated.
Closed Thread