Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Aviak

Default Rolling an Alt.. Rogue or Bard?

What say you? Determining factors would be overall enjoyment of play. Class need in groups 50-60 and gear dependence/cost.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

I would try the bard first to see if you can play one. I sure can't...way too busy for me. But if you don't mind being unable to afk for more than 6 seconds it seems like a really fun an interesting class.

Rogue is certainly cool as long as you realize you'll be 100% group dependent. But like I said, see how you like barding first as there are no other classes like it.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, otherwise I would play a Bard. Nice class.

Rogue is a great melee class, but totally suck solo. Lot of them now with Epic's at level 5. Tough decision which class I guess. I would go Bard if you can twist.

Roll a Mage if you are cheap. They don't need any gear on paper. Necro pretty much the same.

Group need hard to say. I mean people invite Rangers in groups at all levels. So I don't think there is a BAD class to be that you are not going to get a group. I guess a Cleric would be #1 need at level 50 and above in a group. They suck at killing things not undead, but they are not a bad tank if you equipt them right, as well as a healer.
Last edited by webrunner5; 10-29-2012 at 02:29 PM..
Old 10-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would try the bard first to see if you can play one. I sure can't...way too busy for me. But if you don't mind being unable to afk for more than 6 seconds it seems like a really fun an interesting class.

Rogue is certainly cool as long as you realize you'll be 100% group dependent. But like I said, see how you like barding first as there are no other classes like it.
For a pet/caster group, an AFK bard is the perfect addition.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Kobold

Gear dependancy/cost : Bards.
You dont really any except good instruments (best droppale full set for about 20k) and breath of harmony once you're 50+.
Rogue needs good weapon to shine. Ragebringer being almost mandatory.

Group utility 50 60 : discutable.
Best dps versus overall utility. Bards are needed in many raids situations though.

Enjoyment of class : Bard.
If you enjoy being busy, go bard. Many fun stuff to do in group. Various gameplay. Can shine solo, duo or in groups...
<Divinity>
Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gear dependancy/cost : Bards.
You dont really any except good instruments (best droppale full set for about 20k) and breath of harmony once you're 50+.
Rogue needs good weapon to shine. Ragebringer being almost mandatory.

Group utility 50 60 : discutable.
Best dps versus overall utility. Bards are needed in many raids situations though.

Enjoyment of class : Bard.
If you enjoy being busy, go bard. Many fun stuff to do in group. Various gameplay. Can shine solo, duo or in groups...
did not read, after best droppable full set for sbout 20k, i know that ss bp is around 150kpp if not more... and ur legs... hahahaha bwwhahahahahahah again, did not read after "best in slot full est 20K"
Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Banned

thing is you don't need bis for leveling and if you're good could get by naked with just instruments
Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silo69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did not read, after best droppable full set for sbout 20k, i know that ss bp is around 150kpp if not more... and ur legs... hahahaha bwwhahahahahahah again, did not read after "best in slot full est 20K"
Pretty sure he ment full set of best instruments for 20k hence the parenthesis after the instruments part. Your toon ingame named Newbsauce?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Aviak

I cant afford best in slot gear by any means seeing as my main is only a 40ish Necro. Im just talking in terms of good enough gear to do the job well.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Options [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant afford best in slot gear by any means seeing as my main is only a 40ish Necro. Im just talking in terms of good enough gear to do the job well.
well if you can work out how to ae kite, all you need is a lute (any), drum (MM drum is fine), and a horn (any). Obviously the better these are the easier it will be to kite but not essential. a little bit of armour and some 5ac55hp rings will help a little with the roundup, but if you get hit while kiting you're probably dead no matter what gear you are rocking. Better instruments will reduce the time it takes to complete the kite (which is why it's easier with better instruments)

if you want to level via groups you'll need more armour with AC and HP (you WILL get hit alot unless you group with a good SK or PAL), and some CHA gear (for less mez and charm resists).

as for rogue... you can get quite alot of STR gear pretty cheap, and you dont really need ragebringer to be effective (sure it's real nice, but you'll still outdamage most at low levels without it). Rapier of Oriin is nice (12/25), or serpents tooth (13/27). or a little cheaper is Slimecoated Harpoon (10/25) and you'll still do ok. there are alot of other options for rogue too. You will need to group as a rogue though so that's something to consider
Closed Thread