Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 10:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Things to come with Velious release (OP'ed, nerfed, etc.)

I played on EQMac for a while before it got shutdown, then I switched to TGC and still have a character there. Admittedly, I only casually played Live right when Velious came out until right after PoP came out-but I only played a human monk to 45.

Anyways, I always heard when playing EQMac how in that era Enchanters were still OP'ed, how CoS was awesome for PvP pre-nerf, etc. Also Monks during Velious were insanely overpowered.

What are some things that are ridiculously overpowered now or in Velious? Conversely, what are some things that people should just stay away from due to being underpowered until after Velious?
Last edited by nwin; 01-26-2014 at 10:44 AM..
Old 01-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

From what I've read on the forums (word of mouth) etc, enchanters are going to have a bad time in Velious compared to Kunark... less charmable mobs around, and apparently they're confined more to giving out clarity and buffing/slowing. I don't believe it however [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Expect to see a throng of SKs/rangers/paladins/bards once the hybrid penalty disappears and they're declared easy mode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2014, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Shamans will be stupidly OP with Torpor / Turgurs
Bards continue to be awesome
Clerics continue being necessary for high-end grouping
Magician CotH bots will be placed at Yelinak, Sleeper's Tomb and maybe NToV / EToV. GG to those who bought up toons before that was nerfed.
Necromancers will live in PoMischief farming cards and selling at 200k/ea to stupid people
Rangers keep sucking as they did until AAs fixed their class.

Can't wait to see people /rolling against a cleric on a Plate BP drop in Kael to sell the MQ rights. Only on P99.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I've read on the forums (word of mouth) etc, enchanters are going to have a bad time in Velious compared to Kunark... less charmable mobs around, and apparently they're confined more to giving out clarity and buffing/slowing. I don't believe it however [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Expect to see a throng of SKs/rangers/paladins/bards once the hybrid penalty disappears and they're declared easy mode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends, swish. Kael giants may or may not be charmable. That white dragon in the caves in WL may or may not be charmable (used to kill wuoshi :P). It just all really depends on how Nilbog wants to handle it. If Kael giants are charmable you just might see a day 1 AOW kill. Especially if Donals BPs are also good to go on the first day.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shamans will be stupidly OP with Torpor / Turgurs
Bards continue to be awesome
Clerics continue being necessary for high-end grouping
Magician CotH bots will be placed at Yelinak, Sleeper's Tomb and maybe NToV / EToV. GG to those who bought up toons before that was nerfed.
Necromancers will live in PoMischief farming cards and selling at 200k/ea to stupid people
Rangers keep sucking as they did until AAs fixed their class.

Can't wait to see people /rolling against a cleric on a Plate BP drop in Kael to sell the MQ rights. Only on P99.
Rangers become quite useful in velious. Someone's gotta track SG named / Vaniki / Stormfeather. Not to mention useful as parked bots in NTOV to see what's up. I swear to God if we have variance in NTOV...my balls... 3 hours trash clearing for a lady kill. Yes! Yes!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

One of my favorite items ever came out with Velious...the BFG!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not only did it look sweet but you could launch players or NPC's with this thing. People found ways to exploit with it eventually and it was removed. I remember hearing a rumor about launching people onto the roof of Mistmoore Castle. Crazy weapon, hope it sticks around on P99.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not only did it look sweet but you could launch players or NPC's with this thing. People found ways to exploit with it eventually and it was removed. I remember hearing a rumor about launching people onto the roof of Mistmoore Castle. Crazy weapon, hope it sticks around on P99.
It's easy to get onto the roof of MM... but yeah, one of the un-classic things about P99 will probably be all the BFGs. Many people believe they were only in game for a very short while, but if you dig a little there's evidence that seaworthy planking was in game for many months. It was such a bitch to find, and people understood so little, that many believe it was removed almost immediately. We shall see! I hope to obtain several [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

see you in...

THUGARDIIIIIIIIN
Old 01-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of my favorite items ever came out with Velious...the BFG!

nilbog carries that around
Old 01-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
People found ways to exploit with it
Moving Yelinak out of his room for easy access to walls to plant casters/healers behind was my favorite, but there's lots of other fun things to do as well. Going AFK on raids will be much more interesting (please let BFG work in sky, TIA).
Closed Thread