Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-17-2014, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Texture Patcher

Continuation of the texture repair project started here by nilbog, Kanras, and ropethunder.

New download with updated patcher and two new files.

Download: Version 1.3

What this fixes:

1. Many "black splotch" issues on zone files and race files. Including, but not limited to, black evil eyes, black eye of zomm, funny sand giant hats, black splotchs on Qeynos houses, etc

2. Raptor teeth were a separate issue. The globally loaded Kunark raptor model (rap_chr.s3d) uses .dds files not .bmp files so the patcher doesn't work on it. To simplify things I simply ripped the texture out of the file with s3dspy, edited it with GIMP to make it actually transparent, then added the textures back. The modified file has been uploaded here.

3. Drakes: A few patches back on Live they fixed two outstanding issues with the Classic drake model. one new and one that has existed since EQ started. The spines of the drake model now look like actual drake spines again, not black blocks. Furthermore, for the first time in forever, drakes no longer hold weapons they are equipped with in their mouths. The NEW file drk_chr.s3d included fixes that. Credit for this goes to SoE.

Follow instructions in the included readme for installation.

I will take over the project for nilbog so if anyone runs into anymore black splootchies let me know, I'll see about fixing them and update the file.

Legacy Downloads (These are outdated files for those that care):

Version 1.1
Version 1.2

Credits:
Nilbog/Kanras: The whole project
Ropethunder: the patcher
SoE (probably Dzarn...): Drake fix
GIMP/s3dspy: raptor fix
Last edited by Danyelle; 07-23-2014 at 06:41 AM..
Old 07-19-2014, 08:00 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmist

Greatness! WTG Rainbow

Old 07-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

Updated the patcher with one thing I missed that Nilbog had!
Old 07-23-2014, 06:53 AM
Fire Giant

***Update***

-Added wasp wing fix to the patcher (adds was_chr to global load. Will make the wasp a global race but will also fix the texture)
-Fixed Skeleton forearms to once again be transparent. (The hip bone never had transparent holes and was not/will not be added. Unless someone can provide proof that it was. Old images on Zam I used to confirm the foearms had the hip bone solid)
-Fixed the white spots on Drixie/Fae Drake wings. This had to be done by hand. it's a little sloppy (see image below) but you can choose not to use it if you wish (gfaydark_chr, lfaydark_chr, firiona_chr, airplane_chr files)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 07-26-2014, 05:50 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the guide, crossing my fingers for luclin wolf fix.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

Confirmed something I'd be wondering about for a little while today: namely whether the client's texture animation system used in some zones (mostly for old water textures) could be applied to character model textures.

It can. Opens up the possibility of animated armor (I'm picturing a little gear turning in one of the gnome velious armor textures) and/or animated pet and NPC textures (dripping/maggoty zombies, pulsating fire elementals, that kind of thing).

If there's any interest in that I could make a tool to add the necessary data to whichever thing. It's a pretty simple system, just continuously swaps between images in a list every X milliseconds and starts again from the top when it reaches the end. No obvious limit to the number of "frames".
Old 08-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Good stuff.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

Made a little program to fix luclin wolf hugeness: S3D Model Scaler (source).

Luclin wolf scaled by a factor of 0.5 (half) seems pretty reasonable. Only problem is that because the scaling is effectively around the "center" of the model, they end up hovering over the ground a bit. I tried to compensate for that but couldn't quite get the math right. For that reason, the tool also comes with a Z adjustment function. After scaling the wolf by 0.5, adjusting the Z by -0.5 seems just about right.

Made the tool general enough to apply to any model although I don't imagine there's any real use for it beyond wolf.

Instructions:
1) Unzip and open the tool and point it at your EQ folder when prompted.
2) Find "global6_chr.s3d" in the first column (you may also want to make a backup copy of it).
3) Select "WOL" in the second column and right click to bring up the menu.
4) From the menu, select "Scale Model" and input 0.5
5) After that, select "Adjust Model Z" and input -0.5
Old 08-15-2014, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made a little program to fix luclin wolf hugeness: S3D Model Scaler (source).

Luclin wolf scaled by a factor of 0.5 (half) seems pretty reasonable. Only problem is that because the scaling is effectively around the "center" of the model, they end up hovering over the ground a bit. I tried to compensate for that but couldn't quite get the math right. For that reason, the tool also comes with a Z adjustment function. After scaling the wolf by 0.5, adjusting the Z by -0.5 seems just about right.

Made the tool general enough to apply to any model although I don't imagine there's any real use for it beyond wolf.

Instructions:
1) Unzip and open the tool and point it at your EQ folder when prompted.
2) Find "global6_chr.s3d" in the first column (you may also want to make a backup copy of it).
3) Select "WOL" in the second column and right click to bring up the menu.
4) From the menu, select "Scale Model" and input 0.5
5) After that, select "Adjust Model Z" and input -0.5
<3 I'll start patching in that and the separate wolf/skeleton files tomorrow. Got work in a bit. You rock Zaela!
Old 08-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Banned

naw