Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

people asking for buffs they don't need is annoying.

no, mage/rogue/whatever I am not going to waste a 10pp dot and mana on you
Old 01-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

Heh, if a cleric doesn't give me the right symbol (naltrons mark is an abomination) or a shaman tries that group buff nonsense, I'm dumping them asap.

Best duo partner I've had as an enchanter has been a paladin. Dude was all over the place with heals, stuns, roots, etc. we were just crawling through Seb killing anything in our way. The guy was cognizant of stunning casters when the tried to slow my pet and stunning pet when he broke. The mana free stun they get is great in that regard.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 01-22-2015, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

I will say that AC buffs are for the most part a waste on casters, but with HB being a group spell there's no reason everybody in the group shouldn't have it. 400hp is a huge percentage added to an INT casters HP pool, and if you're in dangerous places you're going to get roughed up a bit. Enchanters should get symbol without question when they have a hasted pet that can waste them very quickly.

I don't know why it hasn't become standard etiquette for everybody to carry a stack of dots to give to Clerics for symbol. I will often ask for Symbol on Wizard but I always carry a stack of dots and give one (otherwise I probably wouldn't get it lol) Its useful for me because of my playstyle though I realize its an unusual request. Then again, when you're pulling casters that cast Ice Comet or up against a belly caster with an AOE 2700+ HP is nice :-)

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 01-22-2015 at 06:38 PM..
Old 01-22-2015, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Bad players, definitely not a bad class

Aside from maxing heal efficiency and keeping buffs up, a cleric can:
- Work crowd control with cheap or long lasting roots that won't break mez
- Throw in stuns for charm breaks, to interupt casts, stop runners, or simply prevent damage
- Nuke, duh
- Fear kite when paired with snares
- Pacify and/or help pull.. Can even solo pac through a dungeon
- Play battle cleric by tanking or hammering, if FM
- Reverse damage shield with MoK
- generate massive aggro with group heals/group CH for situational big plays
And more, depending on your clickies and creativity

Too bad the classic effect where DA would reset you to a single point of aggro isn't in, could make even bigger plays
Old 01-22-2015, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Lots of different views here. Interesting in many ways.
What I understand from some replies is : we (chanters and clerics) are playing on the opposite side of the gameplay spectrum. One is all busy and stressed out and need to be really attentive all the time and the other one is... well, eating burritos while watching HP's bars on and off ^^

Jokes aside, it is usually very hard to ask players if they can "change" their gameplay in a group. Most of the time these requests sound like "hey I'm gonna teach you how to play your class". Of course, if charming occur in a group, I can handle my breaks with rune and AOE stuns, but there are many cases where I prefer not to AOE stun, especially with mezzed mobs around in tight spaces (neither I like to land a root or mezz instead, cause usually I want my pet back in the action quickly...) And as someone pointed out, it can be alot more mana efficient if the cleric lands a little stun on the pet, instead of a greater heal. You know how soft chanties are. 2 rounds and we are already below 50% HPs. Lvl 5 Cleric Stuns lasts 4 sec, draggs aggro off the chanter, just about time to land another charm before cleric get hit by aggro (usually)

But I also understand everyone is free to think and play their class the way they want. Im not here to give lessons, just to gather point of views and possibly understand a bit better the mechanics behind these two classes (part of the classic EQ holy trinity !)
Old 01-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Most people can't teach or aren't interested in trying. It's much easier to be passive aggressive and complain about how much people suck after the fact. Asking someone to do something might come off as aggressive and it's uncomfortable, but there's an off chance you might help someone improve their game. They might appreciate that. Worst case the person leaves. Best case they do what you asked. However negative or positive the suggestion is received is preferable to being miserable in a group with a terrible player.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say that AC buffs are for the most part a waste on casters, but with HB being a group spell there's no reason everybody in the group shouldn't have it. 400hp is a huge percentage added to an INT casters HP pool, and if you're in dangerous places you're going to get roughed up a bit. Enchanters should get symbol without question when they have a hasted pet that can waste them very quickly.

I don't know why it hasn't become standard etiquette for everybody to carry a stack of dots to give to Clerics for symbol. I will often ask for Symbol on Wizard but I always carry a stack of dots and give one (otherwise I probably wouldn't get it lol) Its useful for me because of my playstyle though I realize its an unusual request. Then again, when you're pulling casters that cast Ice Comet or up against a belly caster with an AOE 2700+ HP is nice :-)
I find it's the mana cost of symbol that's the issue, not the peridot. If the whole group wants symbol it's gonna take over half my manapool for that buff alone, pulls may have to be delayed, that just doesn't seem like a good plan I've never liked playing in groups where the cleric makes a big production of buffing the snot out of everybody and then having a 5-10 minute med break afterwards, repeating the process every time buffs expire, so I avoid doing it myself.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However I do feel as a chanter a certain lack of consideration (specially from Clerics), as we should be treated a lil better... I might be a whinner or whatever my thread suggests, but if "sitting your butt till next CH" is all clerics are supposed to do for the sake of min maxxing, then there is something wrong with the game. IMO
No offence nor personal but chanter is already one of the most OP classes in the game especially with Lull line being OP here. More often then not clerics rely on chanters to save their skin.

There is lots wrong with the game, class balances being the first and foremost which arent fixed until AA in Luclin/POP fixed them

And, playing a tank/cleric/enc/wiz, I have to say, as long as the cleric keeps the group alive. He can do anything he wants. If he helps more, great. But do not expect it. Apart from healing, expect the other 5 in group to do all the other jobs.

Welcome to Everquest.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it's the mana cost of symbol that's the issue, not the peridot. If the whole group wants symbol it's gonna take over half my manapool for that buff alone, pulls may have to be delayed, that just doesn't seem like a good plan I've never liked playing in groups where the cleric makes a big production of buffing the snot out of everybody and then having a 5-10 minute med break afterwards, repeating the process every time buffs expire, so I avoid doing it myself.
i think most rational people feel that some situations call for someone to get symbol. i guess not everyone is situationally aware..or doesn't care about the game enough to engage themselves on that level.

Monk pulling for the group? Symbol

Tank? Symbol

Enchanter CCing? Symbol

Cleric Healing? Symbol

Monk DPSing? no.

DPS that's tanking because your MT sucks? symbol.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:07 AM
Kobold

Isnt Ac broken here I know you still get somin outta it but recently iv stopped buffing it unless I was fm.

Anyway I have an idea for the OP you dont like how most of the clerics are playing then start douing with them A: the clerics are going to have more fun and B: there going to learn just how powerful/helpful there cc really is and C: Your both going to rok mad xp.

So ye stop being lazy and go out there and dou.

Baalaeron 51 cleric <Europa> - Lookin for chanter buds.
Closed Thread