Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Aviak

Default Why is SK one of those "unpopular" classes?

I want to know why is SK a not very played class like warriors, paladins, Rangers and rogues I guess (i havent seen many rogues when i type "/who" in whatever zone i have been)

Is it because people doesnt want play as tank? (IMO healer is a worse/more boring role, and all zones are INFESTED of shamans/druids)

SK can be funnier than a warrior or pally, can solo, not as good as other classes, but he can, he has pet, he is charismatic evil character, not gay as pallys, etc.

I understand why warrior or pally have low population, but not SK. About the others unpopular classes, i've no idea why they are less played.
Last edited by rotenvok; 03-05-2015 at 08:41 PM..
Old 03-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Send a message via AIM to toofly

That might be a good thing if guilds are wanting to find SKs. I tried to post earlier but I think a mod didn't approve post. I was askin about classes that are flooded. You say you see tons of shamans? I was trying to decide between shaman and necromancer but wasn't sure which is more desired. I plan on starting here this weekend(tomorrow). But on past EMU servers I played I have made guys that no guilds wanted at high end. It was sad. tryin to avoid that here. thanks.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

moderate-low raid role + hybrid xp penalty which makes it hard to find groups especially for the most popular/best races (troll/ogre/iksar)

you see way more SKs than Paladins though
Old 03-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry but sks are a played class. Just because you don't notice them doesn't mean they aren't played. I was just playing a new character and have seen a bunch of twinked sks running around.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Orc

basically the massive XP penalty and thats it.

SKs are a huge utility to the group especially with a little gear, they just suck so much fkkn xp up
Old 03-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Large Rat

As one of those SK's... I'm sorry for the exp penalty but it sucks ass for us more! We gotta live with it.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

I see plenty of SKs. More than every other tank class, excluding monks.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:46 AM
Sarnak

Probably cause it takes a lot of effort to make an SK play to it's potential unlike the /autoattack or /cast # spam classes. But a well played SK is extremely fun and highly capable.. and you won't destroy your wrist like you would playing a bard.

In a raid setting it shines in pulling, fte-ing and having snap aggro for tanking everything except for boss mobs. Once a boss is being warrior tanked, then you're just there as bad dps unless you've got adds to manage.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:22 AM
Large Rat

Most classes made in elf land have something to do with the roleplay aspect. Sks are bad guys, bringers of death. Not as good as a say a pink fluffy elf.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtrader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most classes made in elf land have something to do with the roleplay aspect. Sks are bad guys, bringers of death. Not as good as a say a pink fluffy elf.
Ogres are fluffier.....

To OP though, anecdotally, SK are not that uncommon. I think fewer people quit them than the other hybrid/tank classes and thirst is why it appears they are underplayed when looking at creation numbers. Any deterrence though would lay squarely with the xp penalty(ies).
Closed Thread