Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 03-16-2022, 01:57 AM
VIP / Contributor

Just to be clear, my opinions do not reflect that of any of the Project 1999 staff/developers. I was given the VIP status as a reward for my years of service as a Guide/Senior Guide on Red. My comment about not rewarding the red server reflects on my personal opinion and has no foundation or impact in any decisions the team makes regarding server resets or new servers. On that note, while I was on staff, there was a clear indication from the top that Red would never get reset. So, unless that has changed at some point and has been made public, I would expect that Red will never get a reset. But keep the hope alive!

I was also a badass PVPer, as well as GLADIATOR TWO in the Cleric Best of the Best battle.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Zade; 03-16-2022 at 02:09 AM..
Old 03-16-2022, 05:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to be clear, my opinions do not reflect that of any of the Project 1999 staff/developers. I was given the VIP status as a reward for my years of service as a Guide/Senior Guide on Red. My comment about not rewarding the red server reflects on my personal opinion and has no foundation or impact in any decisions the team makes regarding server resets or new servers. On that note, while I was on staff, there was a clear indication from the top that Red would never get reset. So, unless that has changed at some point and has been made public, I would expect that Red will never get a reset. But keep the hope alive!

I was also a badass PVPer, as well as GLADIATOR TWO in the Cleric Best of the Best battle.
I was just saying your comments were in line with some comments i remember reading, from rogean if im not mistaken and just the general vibe of the radio silence. AKA were all a bunch of ungrateful little shits that dont deserve much. My comments were to the effects that part of the bitterness is driven by the way staff treats the community (going back to year 1) and i guess it leads into a big feedback loop of negativity. Of course that is my personal opinion and others shouldnt be punished for it. I mean i dont even have to read it all and i would bet my left nut that this is the correct assesment of that giant thread before you came in around page 76 to tell people to go fuck themselves: Everyone was politely asking for an update on the news, except me.

The situation is that Rogean announced a new server 2 years ago, no news since then and now things are in limbo, so people dont know if they should roll here or wait for the new server, leading to 1.0 being in a worse condition than it could be.

Thats the continuity of treating the community poorly, for me. Watching the server drain of all its population during classic to mid kunark because of xp loss, waiting till the last possible moment (single digit pop at nite) to adress the situation and then (lol) delivering the killing blow a month later by nerfing xp. And now letting the server slowly die instead of just popping in and doing a 3 minute update like "2.0 will never happen" so that people who still play red can have a healthier server. Its the not giving a shit about peoples time investment that always got to me, its disrespectful.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-16-2022 at 05:28 AM..
Old 03-16-2022, 05:45 AM
Banned

Yo dart, no hard feelings? We good buddy?
Old 03-16-2022, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for chiming in Zade.

I agree with your assessment that red 1 will never be reset because it’s been a sort of standing promise with p99 servers.

A new server could still be made

Or the ruleset could be changed
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zade is a VIP / Contributer. He wasn't a developer when he said we where whiny babies for a decade.

He (Zade) is still right.

*red1 is still good
*op is still rated 5 starkinds
*red2 would be way heckin better than green2
*I'm still disappointed
*im still happy red1 is up and OP is enjoying it

Really how hard is this?
Not 5 stars anymore lol.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:11 AM
Fire Giant

It’s funny you guys think red is dead when it hits 80-100+ pop frequently still. Instead of pissing and moaning here maybe go play if you’re actually a “pvp”er (most of you aren’t, most got griefed off pvp in classic and now blame GMs)
Old 03-16-2022, 09:09 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yo dart, no hard feelings? We good buddy?
Yeah were good I was bluffing to be honest, but I am exhausted by constantly trying to talk with people about a new red server when i don't really care and there is other places to read about it here on the forums.
Old 03-16-2022, 09:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for adding nothing new. Rogean isn't giving any details to a peon guide lol
Old 03-16-2022, 10:18 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for adding nothing new. Rogean isn't giving any details to a peon guide lol
I wasn't trying to add anything new, or implying that they would give us any information, so not sure what Florida trailer park country ass thinking you got going on here, but cool, good luck with that
Old 03-16-2022, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s funny you guys think red is dead when it hits 80-100+ pop frequently still. Instead of pissing and moaning here maybe go play if you’re actually a “pvp”er (most of you aren’t, most got griefed off pvp in classic and now blame GMs)
This will be my last post for a while.

I was playing much "griefier" games throughout my red/eq hiatus: Albion online, eve online.

You dont seem to be able to read, or care about what im typing. I dont play because of the limbo. I have only so much X1 grinding juice in me, and if i spend it here for a couple of months and have to do it all over again, might not make it, even though it would be much better than soloing on red dead. 80 people during prime time is still less than 2 people per zone average and each time you guys try to say it isnt so bad i click on the status thing and its 25, 36, etc... 2 hours per day of 80 people isnt the average experience. And id have to think about how much Rogean does not give a fuck and this translates to might pull the plug on 1.0 without so much as a warning.

If Rogean would just certify 2.0 will never happen, then i might decide to invest on red and try to reinvigorate it. I say might because to be frank, i have much better pvp games to play than spend a year or 2 pve'ing catching up in gear to people whove been poopsocking here for the last 7 years or whatever and hoping theres still people around when im done with that.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-16-2022 at 12:35 PM..