Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-05-2024, 11:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velium Hunters always summon
Yea the first 6ish Velium hunters that I killed, I wasn’t summoned once. I also didn’t root. I would just slow and then keep rune and bedlam memmed for when charm broke. When a charm broke, I would color stun, color stun, mezmerization, allure, re-bedlam, re-rune.

I would be using a minimum of 1 rune per battle. I figured if I started rooting, I could take less damage and waste less runes. It was working really well until my first velium hunter which summoned me like 5 times.
Last edited by hagglebaby; 02-05-2024 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-06-2024, 09:37 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah blanket is the strongest memblur as I understand it. Seems to be that way in my experience at least.
Old 02-07-2024, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

I think memory flux is stronger but it costs 350 mana.

And if you want to save on runes use color shift/slant as your primary stun as it's a half-second quicker cast time than skew.
Old 02-08-2024, 04:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think memory flux is stronger but it costs 350 mana.

And if you want to save on runes use color shift/slant as your primary stun as it's a half-second quicker cast time than skew.
Yea I don’t even have skew or the other one. I go color flux 1s cast time -> color shift 1.5s cast time
Old 02-08-2024, 04:32 AM
Kobold

I’m doing much better not getting summoned by the velium hunters. Unless charm breaks, I get insta summoned to a location in between my hasted rogue pet and a velium hunter. Nasty place to be. It happened once so far and I got off a color flux, color shift, mezmirization, but they tore through my bedlam and rune V and almost killed me. Not quite sure what to do about that situation besides repet after every battle and pray I don’t get breaks against velium hunters
Old 02-08-2024, 08:24 AM
Fire Giant

You did everything you can, keep rune and bedlam up and fresh to give the highest odds of not dieing.
If your pets a rogue,face him as often as you can. When you get summoned you face the same direction you were,so at least you don't get backstabbed.
Old 02-08-2024, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Stand closer to the mob and you won't be summoned, like position yourself just a bit behind your pet.

I would also really recommend getting color skew, flux is only a 4-second stun and that doesn't buy you the time to cast much besides your longer-duration stun.
Old 02-09-2024, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Stand as close to pet without taking damage from mob. On break you willnt be summoned. Set toggle target to a hot key.

On a break... 1 second stun, 8 second stun and then mez both tagets. The 8 second stun gives enough time to lvl 4 mez both targets. Recharm pet, mem blur target and go back to work.
Old 02-09-2024, 10:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On a break... 1 second stun, 8 second stun and then mez both tagets. The 8 second stun gives enough time to lvl 4 mez both targets. Recharm pet, mem blur target and go back to work.
This is better than mezmerization because it saves mana? Also, what memblur are you using? I’ve just been spamming mezmerization and then conning to see if it blurred them.
Old 02-09-2024, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

What are you going to do on a break against brood master/mother? You gotta be able to take a couple hits from a slowed mob. Your pet will get aggro in a few seconds.