Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 02-09-2024, 04:32 PM
Skeleton

Smile Fairly New

Hello folks, although I've had my account for some time, I had technical difficulties and never really went far.
I have returned and seemed to have ironed out the kinks.

I'm an senior lady, from western Canada (BC).

I'm so happy to have an alternate to regular EQ 1, so, thank you for creating Project 1999 and sharing it with us.

I started playing EQ about 9 months after it went live. I came from an online MUDD called "Dragonrealms".
EQ was described as "eye candy" back then, as Dragonrealms was text only as were pretty much all online games back then, no images. I believe Dragonrealms is still in operation, today.

I went on to beta test WOW and EQ 2.Those days were a special time in my life and I'm sure many of you feel the same way.

I remember my best friend back then, coming by to pick me up (for an outing) and I couldn't leave, as I was in a raid and people relied on me. lol, She stormed out.

I played on Mithaniel Marr server and was in a guild called "Adamantine Kinship". My mage Majorca, attained her Orb of Mastery, epic weapon. My other characters were a wood elf druid, called September, a dark elf necro called Wydow, a dwarf warrior called Firas. I forget my others. (I was and still am an altaholic) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I miss those old days (and the EQ soundtrack, still puts butterflies in my stomach)

My fondest memories are:

-camping the AC on AC island. 8-12 hrs straight, really wanted those boots and got them for all of my alts.

-dragging bodies from the plane of fear, after many wipes. Ditto for plane of hate, and climbing walls to avoid starting trains.

-trains, yes, Karnor Castle, those were the days! Those were the TRAINS!

-my first time in Guk, as a newbie. An in game friend took me there, got me on a list to camp one of the boss's. He told me once I got in, to stay, even if I had to put tooth picks in my eyes to keep them open (took hours at times to get called, the lists of people wanting in, were longggg).

-getting flagged for all of the Planes, that was quite the task.

-and of course, the day my mage got her epic weapon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll end my intro there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you for having me!
Old 02-09-2024, 05:16 PM
Aviak

An amazing intro! As a new person to P99 myself, welcome back.
Old 02-09-2024, 05:22 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtorps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An amazing intro! As a new person to P99 myself, welcome back.
Thank you Maxtorps!.

Welcome to you as well!
Old 02-09-2024, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

Welcome, it's always nice to see new/returning players. I keep coming back to this game and p99 specifically because I think it's still one of the best MMOs out there and the community is pretty great. I was sitting naked at the WC rings yesterday and a druid approached me unbidden and asked if I was waiting on a rez or needed a ride somewhere. Not many games where that kind of thing still happens.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:09 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome, it's always nice to see new/returning players. I keep coming back to this game and p99 specifically because I think it's still one of the best MMOs out there and the community is pretty great. I was sitting naked at the WC rings yesterday and a druid approached me unbidden and asked if I was waiting on a rez or needed a ride somewhere. Not many games where that kind of thing still happens.
Awe, that's nice. I just had someone show me out of Neriak from one end to the other, to get outside. I was so lost. It wasn't just a quick jump for the other player, it was a long distance run. That was very nice so I know what you mean. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], then a druid buffed me. Then I died and can't find my body so I'm deleting this level 1 necro lol. I'll make another one. No idea where I died, had only starter items on me, like what I was born with. I am now printing out some maps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2024, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

RIP.

If you want to make things easier on yourself there's a program called nparse that gives you a mini map, you just have to use /loc in-game to update your position. It's just a log reader so it's perfectly fine to use on p99.

https://github.com/nomns/nparse/releases
Old 02-10-2024, 01:23 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RIP.

If you want to make things easier on yourself there's a program called nparse that gives you a mini map, you just have to use /loc in-game to update your position. It's just a log reader so it's perfectly fine to use on p99.

https://github.com/nomns/nparse/releases
Awesome, thank you so much, I'll check it out. It would be very helpful as I'm always lost.
Old 02-12-2024, 11:17 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Welcome Back, enjoy your time!
Old 02-13-2024, 10:19 AM
Kobold

The P99 wiki will be your best friend, I'm constantly referencing zone maps amongst other things there. As someone mentioned you can also use nparse to add an in game map overlay but I'm too lazy so I still do it by hand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2024, 12:17 PM
Kobold

Being new to this emu, I would try to avoid any addons/parsers/other stuff to assist. Play it how it was meant to be played. Back in the day a roommate of mine had a binder of zone maps printed out. Today I don't think that is needed. Just keep the wiki up on a second screen for a quick reference when needed.

I am assuming Green Server?

Welcome Back!