Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no 'rule' that says you can pass the camp to whomever you want either. The rules state if someone else is trying to camp what you're camping or if you camping multiple things you have to compromise. So if you wait in line thats technically a player trying to get in on that camp and it has to be honored if theyve been waiting. Nothing in the rules say "you can pass camps to whoever you want". It should be a no brainer and theres no reason that GM's should have to be involved in on it as long as you act like a decent human being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly that, GM's can see how long someone has been in zone. It's pretty easy to wait in line and pretty simple rule to follow. It's even more hardcore playstyle to physically wait in line for a camp. Nowhere would the rules imply passing a camp off to a friend is how it works. In fact I've been on frenzy in velks multiple times where this is exactly the case. Someone waits at the camp wanting to get it next, someone else tries to tell their friend to come take it from them and the ive seen the guy waiting in line win the GM's favor in a petition (at least so they told me, which i can't exactly confirm, but it makes sense).
The compromise rules have literally nothing to do woth making and enforcing a line for a camp. There are literally no rules that state you have to create and honor some player made line. Just because you can spin them that way doesn't make it true and I highly doubt your personal experience at frenzy even happened let alone set a precedence.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess it depends on when you're talking about and what you mean by casual. Arguably everyone in classic was "casual": nobody was pooping in socks in '99.
My entire time on live was on Veeshan, and Fires of Heaven made some of the neckbeards on this server look like employed, productive citizens. I quit around the time Velious came out, but those guys made EQ their life from 1999-2001. A year or so ago I read an old Reddit post that was a story from Furor recalling how during Kunark he helped a guild do a CR in one of the Planes with his 20 personal Staves of Forbidden Rites. Those guys were not "casual" in any sense of the word.

Casuals may have been the majority, but poopsockers have always been a part of EQ.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Exactly that, GM's can see how long someone has been in zone. It's pretty easy to wait in line and pretty simple rule to follow. It's even more hardcore playstyle to physically wait in line for a camp. Nowhere would the rules imply passing a camp off to a friend is how it works. In fact I've been on frenzy in velks multiple times where this is exactly the case. Someone waits at the camp wanting to get it next, someone else tries to tell their friend to come take it from them and the ive seen the guy waiting in line win the GM's favor in a petition (at least so they told me, which i can't exactly confirm, but it makes sense).
This is all bull crap. ^^^

It's been explained by admin that the person holding the camp CAN pass it to whoever they want.

Player made lists are only honored because the player holding the camp chooses to do so.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wasn't as noticeable.
Penoy held that camp for like 9 days and pulled dozens of manastones out of it for himself.

There was a guild that had it most of the rest of the time, do not remember their name, but it was certainly noticeable.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:35 PM
Server GM

Haha, if a new server ever happens we'll just have nerfed items drop at launch and give out the cool stuff during GM events only. /s
Old 09-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, if a new server ever happens we'll just have nerfed items drop at launch and give out the cool stuff during GM events only. /s
I like that idea. Another thought is to simply make an expanded table of equal-level mobs that a key item would normally drop off of and rotate drop tables every 24 or 48 hours. You want a Guise of the Deceiver? Odd, it's not dropping in Lower Guk today... But somewhere in Cazic Thule, Permafrost, Kedge Keep, or even open world, it might make an appearance.

Not classic, I know. But no GM is going to want to referee the manastone camp on a fresh server either. Good luck with that.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Server GM

^^^

The camp disputes would be worse than OOT AC.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My entire time on live was on Veeshan, and Fires of Heaven made some of the neckbeards on this server look like employed, productive citizens. I quit around the time Velious came out, but those guys made EQ their life from 1999-2001. A year or so ago I read an old Reddit post that was a story from Furor recalling how during Kunark he helped a guild do a CR in one of the Planes with his 20 personal Staves of Forbidden Rites. Those guys were not "casual" in any sense of the word.

Casuals may have been the majority, but poopsockers have always been a part of EQ.
Sort of. It was mostly the case of them being so far ahead of everyone else. Sure, there were a couple other guilds close, but once Velious landed, I rarely saw them (as an officer of a lower tier raiding guild). That said, there was indeed the occasional run-in for a contested mob. But more often, I'd find my guild tangling with guilds that were nipping at the heels of FoH.

Alas, I do not think any of the Veeshan FoH alum still play p99 due to Agnarr in anticipation of Pantheon.

And as far as neckbearding, man, so many of us did exactly that!
Old 09-27-2017, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

I mean, if someone really does want to spend 96 hours in front of their computer with a towering pillar of empty, half-crushed monster cans and crusty Kleenex to lord over, can we really judge them? This is Everquest, after all
Old 12-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was a plat farmer on Tallon Zek that had Lodi on lock. If you wanted to finish your eyepatch you had to buy it from him. It was this dude's job so literally no one else got it.

GMs finally stopped him when whatever expansion after PoP came out.

Shit's classic. Lame. But classic.

I remember this. Man, it's been awhile. I can't remember the asking price either, but I know at the time it wasn't cheap.
Closed Thread