Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

*some bad unsportsmanlike and very against the spirit of the rules/play nice policy thing occurs* .... *everyone comes out of the woodworks and says "rules says its ok stall as long as you want* ....

Behold everquest in 2017
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:44 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dude who cares its 2017, you got beat, be quicker next time, do u hear yourself? its everquest dude move on, slap yourself

It's the current year? Let me know when it is again next year. Thanks.

Thread was good for learning what the rules are. I think a lot of people, myself included, thought you had to have a force in the zone ready to kill the mob before engaging. Now we know that you apparently don't, and that there is unlimited time to gather your force as long as you got FTE and keep the mob aggroed. Games are more fun when everyone is playing by the same rules.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

angle-shooting is a poker term that denotes underhanded or unsportsmanlike conduct

Unlike a cheater, who explicitly breaks a rule of the game in order to win, an angle-shooter takes advantage of ambiguities in the rules, hoping to cause his opponent to lose.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:20 AM
Fire Giant

If this was a modern game, devs would add in a feature like, "verina tomb now death touches 5 minutes after being engaged" to prevent stalling. But they're working with spaghetti code in a 20 year old game. Please keep that in perspective when complaining about rules. It's like you bought a 1975 Buick LeSabre and complain it doesn't have Bluetooth and GPS.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

spawn variance aint classic either lol

Quote:
Old 09-25-2017, 04:27 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No kill force and not within summon range within 1 minute of engage? Id start killing it and Kill steal it as they are stalling - I would even kill steal on stream if someone is obviously stalling with doing no damage to the mob and just waiting for people to show up Fuck em Rules or not, Fuck em they don't deserve to be protected by rules when they are obviously abusing the lack of a rule.

If you are not prepared to kill when you pull it then don't pull it and try to dance around rules to protect your obvious stalling then you deserve to be have the people that are there and ready to kill it away from your kite

In short - In the future if you suspect someone trying to obfuscate, gain advantage, or stall by quoting rules - fuck em they are prolly some scum Rules Lawyer Crybaby anyway - Kill steal em and sort it out later + shaman don't need ENC epic, FTE with no ENC to get peice? Fuck em Kill steal anyway for being a douche

This is awful. If you are DPS racing someone on a mob you are in the wrong. Period. If you have proof they broke the rules petition it. If you feel like you are the law then you are the problem.

I guarantee that everyone there would like for that camp to be easier or for the rules to be a bit different or the camp to be generally less cut throat. If you use your feelings to rationalize stealing that mob from someone like that then you deserve to eat a ban.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

You could in theory permanently stall non raid mobs? Which NPC could you do this to to piss off the most amount of people?
Old 09-25-2017, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could in theory permanently stall non raid mobs? Which NPC could you do this to to piss off the most amount of people?
After a while it could qualify as zone disruption?

It could be quite annoying for people to hijack quest NPCs. Anything related to soulfire would annoy certain types. Likewise Hasten Bootstrutter or one of his ph friends.

A certain lioness and elephant calf could be run around for great troll effect.
Closed Thread