Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 08:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything it does besides changing faction in classic cities can be done for at least 345k cheaper. Can shrink 14,000 times for same price. Can get +10MR All/All neck without the -100HP from a Wolfs Eye Velium Necklace for a few hundred plat. Can turn name plates off for free in Alt+O.

There's a reason it was never nerfed, and not only wasn't nerfed it was made way easier to obtain when it was changed from dropping off 1 God mob to dropping off 3 level 55 mobs that spawn every 3 days. It has to be the most expensive item on the server that doesn't drop from a mob with a 7 day timer.
You forgot to do an analysis of how many times you could hire a necromancer to follow you around and cast Ignite Bones to put you on skelly faction.

And you were so close to getting the word out to everyone that there are alternative ways to obtain watered-down versions of each of the individual effects of AoN.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You forgot to do an analysis of how many times you could hire a necromancer to follow you around and cast Ignite Bones to put you on skelly faction.

And you were so close to getting the word out to everyone that there are alternative ways to obtain watered-down versions of each of the individual effects of AoN.
Yesterday I was searching forums for the super secret benefits of an AON, and saw an old thread asking the same thing and noticed you've been having this same argument since 2015. The only difference is, in that thread like 20 people were telling you you were wrong it was just mostly just a vanity item instead of just me.

Keep up the good fight, another two years and you might convince someone.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

These changes arent worth 345k. Anyone who buys an AoN is a moron, or just has so much money they don't really care what they buy anymore.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

ware the bubble. with the seafury nerf pp influx gonna tank. meanwhile top guilds getting lot more efficient at low number kills leaning way more on clicks resultin in much fatter recharge card bills. watch prices plummet as the platinum coin strengthens.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These changes arent worth 345k.
I agree, I wouldn't buy one at that price.

I have only provided the answer to the question of why many players place a high value on the Amulet of Necropotence and argued that the existence of alternative methods of obtaining its individual effects has no bearing on its versatility. Neither of these are the same thing as claiming it's worth 350k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yesterday I was searching forums for the super secret benefits of an AON, and saw an old thread asking the same thing and noticed you've been having this same argument since 2015. The only difference is, in that thread like 20 people were telling you you were wrong it was just mostly just a vanity item instead of just me.

Keep up the good fight, another two years and you might convince someone.
The answer to the question hasn't changed. I'll give you my permission to pretend I'm emotionally invested in your opinion if it makes you feel better, though.

For your own sake, just try to keep in mind that there is a difference between understanding why other people make the choices they do and wanting to make those same choices for yourself. To you, the AoN is not worth what sellers want for it. The only thing this means is that you shouldn't buy one. To some players, the item is worth the price tag. The important thing to realize is that we all have different value systems and that when two people disagree on value, it isn't a requirement that one of them be wrong.

Based on the level of comprehension you've exhibited so far, I'm not all that hopeful you'll be able to understand this idea, but I still will feel good knowing I did what I could to make you a better person.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
To some players, the item is worth the price tag. The important thing to realize is that we all have different value systems and that when two people disagree on value, it isn't a requirement that one of them be wrong.
I love this statement, it's so true and goes for tons of topics on these forums too. So many people simply cannot grasp that a race, class, or item is best for them, but not others and vice versa.

I have these kinds of discussions with other players weekly and it grinds me down when someone tells me that a certain race/class is "min/max" and "the best" when in actuality it's best for them.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

Still looking for another AoN will pay 305k
Will also pay 250k for Manastone.
Seems to be a good thread to be a buyer of these overpriced items.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:32 AM
Kobold

Bees?
Old 09-26-2017, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifebar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bees?
Come back to me bb
Old 09-26-2017, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Manastone in a right proper druid's hands is priceless.

My Manastone will left leave my side.