Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. Please don't give rule advice in the future.
I was being completely sarcastic. But also, I'm still butthurt over Braknar telling me that exact thing over the docks dwarves in Butcherblock when I had 5 of them dead on a respawn cycle years back. A druid showed up and cried and I was informed to "work it out between yourselves. and it's one spawn per player for a camp if it's outdoors."

Highpass goblins being a dungeon camp is of course what they are, but when a GM gets involved the camp gets defined on the spot as for what it might be.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 08-12-2017 at 10:06 PM..
Old 08-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:19 2017] Cylock tells you, 'no, that entire area is one camp, back in TRUE classic. Yea it was one room ... but not on p99'
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:34 2017] You told Cylock '[queued], okay good to know thanks'

So the next time someone comes to gank on mobs when the camp is already owned, I will be pointing them to this. You have now been informed, so let their be peace over this little slice of paradise.
You'll be pointing them to *this*

The camp or area in question wasn't mentioned, I assume its the room below the first set of stairs with the lookout room to the right, but I'm assuming...so I can't be sure.

So I can't exactly say "hey buddy, this is something a GM said that's really nailed down and therefore I'm right, clear off or I'll petition"

Rules lawyers are the worst for exactly this shit, and this is why I'm glad we don't have any attempt to codify rules to the extent that the OP wants...because it would make the server a much shitter and more unfriendly place to play.

In summary, you're in a high ZEM, well populated zone and playing on the weekend. You're going to have to share. If you want high ZEM with less people, go to Kedge Keep when you can. Otherwise pick a nice quiet zone where nobody can trigger you.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In summary, you're in a high ZEM, well populated zone and playing on the weekend. You're going to have to share. If you want high ZEM with less people, go to Kedge Keep when you can. Otherwise pick a nice quiet zone where nobody can trigger you.
The log was from a Wednesday.

And yeah clearly this level appropriate group should clear out of one of the most popular xp camps on the server so a 60 mage can farm it. Sounds right.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Like a boulder tossed in the ocean, we are still seeing the ripples of the displaced seafury crew.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like a boulder tossed in the ocean, we are still seeing the ripples of the displaced seafury crew.
preach.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

Had an issue here the other day where 2 players came in and started camping warrior room while our group had been keeping it all clear for hours, albeit from the normal kill spot at stairs.

Totally understand splitting the goblins up mentality, dont agree, but understand. With that said, the longer standing group should have the right to choose which its going to have if a split is to happen, no?
Old 08-13-2017, 01:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize he is saying it's split up and not one camp right.
I realize you are wrong.. the GM is saying the area is one large camp.

I realize several post in the thread here now miss the entire point. The area i am naming is the name of the whole darn thread. its the entire camp of goblins in Highkeep.

I am aware of the ZEM and yes this is partly why I consider it paradise.

The issue isn't about my ability to share. The issue is about asshats that think they have a right to just barge in and start killing stuff when the camp area is already taken.

This is just one example .. LVL 60 mage comes in and slaughters place not even looting... a totally pointless act. In general it is higher level players that are coming by and sticking their nose into an area they really have no need for. AND YES i understand the principle of farming. I've played EQ for ages and playing here on 99 doesn't change the fact that once a camp is owned you have rights to that camp period and you get to say who/what can happen with it.

The point of the post was to have the GM's exact words out there so there can be no question the next time some jerk comes storming through. PUBLIC NOTIFIED. ISSUE OVER.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I realize you are wrong.. the GM is saying the area is one large camp.

I realize several post in the thread here now miss the entire point. The area i am naming is the name of the whole darn thread. its the entire camp of goblins in Highkeep.

I am aware of the ZEM and yes this is partly why I consider it paradise.

The issue isn't about my ability to share. The issue is about asshats that think they have a right to just barge in and start killing stuff when the camp area is already taken.

This is just one example .. LVL 60 mage comes in and slaughters place not even looting... a totally pointless act. In general it is higher level players that are coming by and sticking their nose into an area they really have no need for. AND YES i understand the principle of farming. I've played EQ for ages and playing here on 99 doesn't change the fact that once a camp is owned you have rights to that camp period and you get to say who/what can happen with it.

The point of the post was to have the GM's exact words out there so there can be no question the next time some jerk comes storming through. PUBLIC NOTIFIED. ISSUE OVER.
Cylock tells you, ('no, that entire area is one camp, back in TRUE classic.) Classic not P99

Yeah it was one room ... but not on p99'

You should read it one more time with how it was meant to be read. I also corrected the spelling errors.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-13-2017, 01:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost182 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had an issue here the other day where 2 players came in and started camping warrior room while our group had been keeping it all clear for hours, albeit from the normal kill spot at stairs.

Totally understand splitting the goblins up mentality, dont agree, but understand. With that said, the longer standing group should have the right to choose which its going to have if a split is to happen, no?
You have full rights to the camp.. the other players are breaking the server rules and you should petition for GM. This is my point. You do not have to share it. The lack of respect from the other players deserves no respect in my mind and I'd be telling them to go buzz off .. even if you were doing the camp solo. This is the point. People need to learn the rules of the server and what are camps.

The example of multiple camps being held and needing to split up off stuff when another party comes to contest can best be express in a zone like guk. You have the Frenzied area, You have the Lord, the hand ... ect .. as a player you can kill all you want until someone comes to contest one of those spawns. And then as per server rules ... You have the right to choose between the things you are killing and what the other players are wanting to go after.

That is not the case here with the Goblins of Highkeep -- GM states Its one camp where on Classic/Live it used to be many. And I can see how it could be 4 camps easily saying each room is a camp. But again here on 99... GM Cylock has stated it is one camp. So defend it - report those that don't respect you / your right to hold the camp. Personally I am starting to feel more and more players don't understand the server rules or have never even bothered to read them which is not my fault. Their failure does not constitute a reason I should have to allow their bad behavior and thus I feel the GM's should assign them a bit of a vacation to think about their actions. If you don't report the bad behavior it will never get corrected and the toxic players will continue to cause issue on the server - I'd rather have a cleaner community of respectful players... thanks...

PS the best thing you can do to help defend your rights is turn logging on at the start of the game. Me personally mine is on and I have no issue sending a GM a full log, unedited though its too bad in most cases its too big to submit through the limited upload capabilities currently in place. Additional you can take screen shots / video of the bad behaviors such as spawn stealing .. which is what is happen here .. although in server rule its listed under KSing but that is slightly different animal.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cylock tells you, ('no, that entire area is one camp, back in TRUE classic.) Classic not P99

Yeah it was one room ... but not on p99'

You should read it one more time with how it was meant to be read. I also corrected the spelling errors.
You have seemed to gloss over the first line of the chat log.. so i will recast it here again for your reading pleasure

[Wed Jul 26 15:49:45 2017] You told Cylock, 'a player pulled up some info saying Rogean deemed each room here a camp but i couldn't find this on the forums when i searched.. it that truly the case?'

The response "[Wed Jul 26 15:50:19 2017] Cylock tells you, 'no, that entire area is one camp, back in TRUE classic. Yea it was one room ... but not on p99'"

Break down of the reply so its more easily understandable

no, that entire area is one camp
back in TRUE classic. Yea it was one room --> IE one room per person / group
... but not on p99' - meaning its one camp.

Read the entire context and not just how you would like it to be because the original question pose to Cylock is if the area should be each room is a camp.. if it was .. I would have expected more of a response .. yes this is correct.. 1 room to a person / group. See the fun thing about simple English is when expressed properly its very hard to argue with so I hope you can understand the break down of the complex reply from Cylock here now when taken in its full context in response to the actual question asked.
Closed Thread