Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Default Why agnarr will not kill p99...

GM's.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 09-08-2017, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quality of Code
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

You sound threatened
Old 09-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

Some people like being the masters of their own destiny and don't need a handful of volunteer arbiters to make their online pixel time worthwhile.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Why Basketball will not kill Soccer...

Why Apples will not replace Oranges...

Why Bicycles will not replace Rollerblades...

They're just different, no matter. I actually think the people that go to Agnarr / Phinny to play are probably less addicted to video games as P99 purists (I myself have entertainment addiction issues).

I think each server caters to different styles of players is all. To each their own. I would think P99 purists would welcome newer servers from Daybreak to free up some of Blue 99 land.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why Basketball will not kill Soccer...

Why Apples will not replace Oranges...

Why Bicycles will not replace Rollerblades...

They're just different, no matter. I actually think the people that go to Agnarr / Phinny to play are probably less addicted to video games as P99 purists (I myself have entertainment addiction issues).

I think each server caters to different styles of players is all. To each their own. I would think P99 purists would welcome newer servers from Daybreak to free up some of Blue 99 land.
This.

... because it is a completely different game. I paid my $15, downloaded the live client and logged in. Logged out shortly after. Agnarr, while offering time locked content, is not classic EverQuest. Just run into your nearest newbie zone and check out the mobs. I even saw a wizard running around with some insane, not-classic staff. It's not wrong; it's just different, and it doesn't offer the same thing that P99 does. Apples to oranges.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

The nutjob EQ purists always get butthurt over other servers or games. The best part is the devs don't give two fucks if 3 people are playing on the server or 1k+ pop. They've proven that with their stance on donations. Even though blue will always see a high pop due to its exclusiveness. It's certain players who have no idea what life outside of Norrath is like. This is the opposite of woke
Old 09-08-2017, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

hehe

'deep web'
Old 09-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

... because it is a completely different game. I paid my $15, downloaded the live client and logged in. Logged out shortly after. Agnarr, while offering time locked content, is not classic EverQuest. Just run into your nearest newbie zone and check out the mobs. I even saw a wizard running around with some insane, not-classic staff. It's not wrong; it's just different, and it doesn't offer the same thing that P99 does. Apples to oranges.
So it costs 15$ to download or for the first month of subscription?

As for classic P99 is not classic but it's very similar. And that similarity will be accepted by all, including myself forever. A lot of volunteer time has been put in to this particular EMU which has created a fully functional, semi-classic fantasy world in which we all loved, in 1999.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rblt2EtFfC4
Old 09-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it costs 15$ to download or for the first month of subscription?
Agnarr and Phinny (and all progression servers) are pay2play, so they have a $15/month subscription for EQGold. You can also RMT by purchasing Kronos from the shop. Kronos allow you to trade subscription time to other players for in-game currency or items. They can use the Kronos to extend their own subscription or you could be the farmer that trades items/PP for Kronos to extend your own subscription having only having paid the initial $15 for the first month (or you can see if you can muster enough PP to buy a Krono on a free-to-play server if you still have your original account from classic that might have a few legacy items you can trade). Alternatively, you can be a whale and spend lots of real-life money on lots of Kronos and start off with BIS droppable in every slot.

You can also pay for in-game perks like extra EXP, so the game is pay2win/pay2play and RMT enabled. I'm honestly confused why they still have a subscription fee with micro-transactions, but it's so obviously just a cash-grab for DBG that I'm worried that they could flip the IP at any second, and then the quality of the product gets drained even lower.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Closed Thread