Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For people like me who enjoyed EQmac, this is as close to its replication as we're getting.
Other than the literal recreation of al'kabor? Takp is far closer.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other than the literal recreation of al'kabor? Takp is far closer.
Yea, no thanks
Old 09-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Banned

new effects, new UI, and updated world geometry.

There is no contest.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How exactly do xp pots make anything pay to win? You guys keep saying that but its simply not true. Pay to win is when I can buy a sword or armor in a cash shop that's more powerful than the one you can get adventuring. Pay to win is when I can buy higher damage spells and clickable items that actually affect something in the game. Giving an XP boost is not pay to win, at beast its pay to get to the cool shit a little faster than you normally would have but its not some game breaking advantage by any stretch of the imagination. Seriously, "omg I maxxed my aa a week faster than I was going to normally". That's literally what you are calling pay to win. you need to re-evaluate your definition of winning.
Yours is a narrow definition used only by people trying to avoid the p2w label. Pay to win properly defined applies to everything with an in game effect (ie not cosmetics like skins) that can be bought using real life currency. It does not need to be the best and it is irrelevant whether or not you can get it other ways. The only relevant question is: can you skip or speed content using real life money in a multplayer game, tilting the playing field? If yes, pay to win.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.everquest.com/krono
Your argument is hinging on "already exists" I am assuming. That's why P99 actively polices RMTing and routinely bans players who participate in RMTing. DB actually has the balls to put an option to buy Krono for $424.99 - Please tell me how this is not pay to win? I am all ears

Because they literally cost money to buy? In a game where gaining XP is basically the only goal I am confused as to why you think this is not a big deal.

I could go to Everquest.com/krono right now - spend $424.99 - and without ever killing a mob be in BiS droppable armor and could even buy MQs and loot rights to true BiS gear and Epics that are only available for Krono because that's what the farmers covet and its how DB is enabling RMT. Kronos are available for purchase for real life money. So if this isn't pay-2-win..... ?
The same argument can be made about in game plat. It shouldn't exist because you can go to x site and buy it for real money. Again, Krono is literally just another form of currency and doesn't enable anything that wasn't already happening. If Krono or plat didn't exist people would just buy the items directly from whoever for real cash. Nothing is ever going to change the concept of trading time spent in one activity for time someone else spent doing something else, your issue is with the concept of economics itself.

I really cant imagine you people find much happiness in life as much as you worry about someone spending cash on stuff. It must ruin all of your hobbies. Do you get bitter when your neighbor hires someone to add an addition to his house instead of growing the lumber and making the boards himself then assembling it all? I'm genuinely curious.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, no thanks
Doeant matter if you like it, ypur claim was that this was the closest replication. It is not.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yours is a narrow definition used only by people trying to avoid the p2w label. Pay to win properly defined applies to everything with an in game effect (ie not cosmetics like skins) that can be bought using real life currency. It does not need to be the best and it is irrelevant whether or not you can get it other ways. The only relevant question is: can you skip or speed content using real life money in a multplayer game, tilting the playing field? If yes, pay to win.
If you aren't getting the best stuff, that's not pay to win. Again, redefine winning as actually winning and not as somewhat less time consuming.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pay to win is when I can buy a sword or armor in a cash shop that's more powerful than the one you can get adventuring. Pay to win is when I can buy higher damage spells and clickable items that actually affect something in the game.
You want to talk about a dishonest mischaracterization... Agnarr has the exact definition of pay2win that you give since you can buy those things with Krono. Swords and armor that are unavailable to the common player, spells that are unavailable to the common player, and clickies that are unavailable to the common player can all be purchased in-game with Krono. That's pay2win.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You want to talk about a dishonest mischaracterization... Agnarr has the exact definition of pay2win that you give since you can buy those things with Krono. Swords and armor that are unavailable to the common player, spells that are unavailable to the common player, and clickies that are unavailable to the common player can all be purchased in-game with either cash or Krono. That's pay2win.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, is this in RnF? Darn.
Closed Thread