Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just have characters get autodeleted on their 3rd birthday. Having characters over 33 months old is incredibly non-classic and Shadows of Luclin era.

Edit: Fuck it, also do the same to items. On its third birthday .... POOF!
That's harsh man. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Too late, I'm already drafting my bug report.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

I know some people who make it their business to squat on choice names and charge pp to release them...I don't agree with this practice and would never do it myself, though.

Personally I tend to use either generated names or meaningful real ones in other languages.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 09-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know some people who make it their business to squat on choice names and charge pp to release them...I don't agree with this practice and would never do it myself, though.

Personally I tend to use either generated names or meaningful real ones in other languages.
I choose names that derive from whatever ideas I am ruminating about, whether it's a movie, a song, a musician, historical figures, or my cats, really it's neverending the names I can think of.

One thing I never do is choose a computer-generated name though. I just can't see creating a name I have no feelings or connection with.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:41 PM
Aviak

I've been playing with /shownames off and find that it helps with my immersion.

Although I wish there was some way to hide just my name only.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just have characters get autodeleted on their 3rd birthday. Having characters over 33 months old is incredibly non-classic and Shadows of Luclin era.

This would probably be the best possible thing for P99.

Characters over 33 months get deleted and you must restart. Would fix so much about this server.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

What names are you guys trying to register? Is everyone trying to be Legolas or Gimli or some really common name? I joined in 2015 and between 2015 and 2016 I found plenty of good names that were open and I squatted on half a dozen to use for future characters.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Items having a three-year timer that starts the minute they drop is the best idea for custom content I think I have read all year. It would fix tons of economic problems and do so in a way that affected everyone equally and predictably. Also the value of the items would change relative to the timer and how much was left on it
Old 09-25-2017, 03:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I scored a pretty cool name for one of my toons awhile ago, before I even hit level 10, I got a tell from someone who wanted to "Buy it" from me. They offered me 2000pp to any toon I wanted to sell it to them, I declined.

I know this makes people curious about the name, but I'd rather not say, but I was shocked it wasn't taken.

There are good names available, you just have to use some imagination.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Level 1 character purging is classic. At least it was on Veeshan. Or am I thinking of inactive guilds?
Closed Thread