Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Orc

Lessons I've learned on red99.(in no particular order)

Group with people you know, guildies etc.
Don't /ooc what zone your lfg in because griefers will show up.
If someone asks you "what zone" without wsaying level or class, probably a griefer.
If someone asks to join your group ask your group/guild if you've never heard of them. With the small population chances we know their alt.

Hunt in zones that are a pain in the ass to get to if you don't want pvp.

Pvp is more fun than leveling.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Griefers show up... Grow a pair or move to an obscure zone.

I've made some of the best mm/crush griefers plug by communicating with my group and team work.

Good luck.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Banned

I've leveled a lot of alts in the past few months. I would always /ooc Lvl 30-40 group LFM
Wait till they send you a tell, are they a notorious newb ganker?

Yes> ignore
No> invite to group

Have group ready for them in case they try to pvp you.

Literally never invited someone to join my group only go have them kill me.

stop crying
Old 09-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've leveled a lot of alts in the past few months. I would always /ooc Lvl 30-40 group LFM
Wait till they send you a tell, are they a notorious newb ganker?

Yes> ignore
No> invite to group

Have group ready for them in case they try to pvp you.

Literally never invited someone to join my group only go have them kill me.

stop crying
I found the flowchart very helpful.

This was basically my levelling strat.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 09-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblade724 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why don't I just play on my own private server with just me? That'll show them !!!
Please do.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

I hate it when pvp happens here before level 60

i mean what's the deal w/ that

here I am content to be on hour #842 of my yellow pixel bar progression making sure my 1 key has been pressed, and another player ATTACKS me

unreal
Old 09-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Banned

i have noticed this!
most the time are good results, one tip is ask for name if they an alt then look on r99pvp.com see if all their kills are on new name clothies then dont talk to them anymore
Last edited by rollin5k; 09-30-2014 at 07:13 PM..
Old 09-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Orc

I've had a lot of luck so far being grouped with people who are good enough to get organized and chase the twinks away quite a few times now.... the only thing that bugs me is the plugging. Every fucking time. If your gonna attack people 4 levels below you in your deleveled epic fungi raid buffed gank bot, atleast take your fucking deaths when you get beat.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblade724 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man anyone notice the trend of griefers scanning OOC for anyone LFG, obviously know where they are based on level range, log on griefers and chase people away from the server?

It's not even a random hunt or real pvp, just griefers scanning OOC for victims.

I can just log on alt, but for people with no alt, they're getting chased away back to blue.

Not to mention any names, so I'll censor, Drist*r, etc

Do these guys sleep?

/vote_for_LFG_tool
Best thing to do is for the group to change exp zones once the griefers come out of the woodwork, just make friends with porters who you trust (ones that wont port you into Plane of Hate or some other griefy location or tell the griefers where you are headed). There are just so many places to exp that are empty and zones where no one will think to look with places you can bind nearby - Kurns (can bind in Kaesora), Dalnir (Can bind outside OT outpost or cab), Nurga (easy pulls and safe area with no pats @ spider caves, can bind outside OT outpost), Kaesora (kills OT faction but good ZEM and decent drops), Kedge Keep (with EB items, can be a safe exp spot) etc...

Not everyone has to exp in CoM, MM and Unrest...
Old 10-01-2014, 02:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same thing can be used against them, i sometimes bait with LFG in crushbone with my twink waiting there for some action.

Unfortunately not many players like me willing to defend noobs in cloth and now im playing archeage so -1 people fighting angry scrubs like Leduke in CB

Most people (like Eslade) dont give 2 shits about things that dont affect them immediately, or actively grief so yea low pop server

The core angry bitter hateful bullying pop of the server is its worst enemy, if were looking at it from a pop growth perspective
oh this is hilarious , I need to get full group aware then be like "28 sham lfg mm, just me hoping to get more" then boom, entire group on them.

But yea griefers (epics with 200mr, fungi, nihil gear at lvl 20) is NOT standard PvP and should have it's own term when talking about it. that's like playing ff8 and using your gem at level 1 to fight that optional demon boss: no chance , not even called a fight.

But yea it is true they come and go very fast. It's just sucks I'm on Taiwan time so the 24/7 neckbeards just "camp" ooc. Hard enough getting group. But they come and go, as long as I have my alts I'm happy. Just let me rage a bit, Damn! Lol.
Last edited by xblade724; 10-01-2014 at 03:01 AM..
Closed Thread