Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the OP meant was what were things that should've been done during Classic to make it better.
Permadeath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have something coded to make night darker. Whether it makes the cut to get put in, that remains to be seen.

H
my human sees like classic at night. drastic change when i flip over to a ogre.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Banned

Change classic eq and you get garbage noobs.
Human vision is broken here its suppose to be so dark no gAmma adjustment can fix it... Sad
Old 09-30-2014, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Change classic eq and you get garbage noobs.
Human vision is broken here its suppose to be so dark no gAmma adjustment can fix it... Sad
Not true, I was playing in 1999 and that is simply not true. Anybody who had sexy Voodoo-based graphics was allowed by the EQ classic client to adjust gamma. This was an in-game control provided by the classic client, iirc you had to choose OpenGL to get access to it. The only issue was the need to adjust it back down for daylight in bright (ice and desert) terrain during daylight.

Just fucking stop with these bullshit attempts to make every human/barb/erudite suffer as if they were playing with shitty off-brand graphics in 1999. It's lame, it's stupid, it's based on lies and ignorance.

That's not to say that nighttime wasn't way cooler looking with the original engine, it was. But actual nightblindness was not enforced by the client unless you had non-Voodoo graphics or didn't know about the gamma adjustment.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Banned

My point is those races aren't suppose to see far at night, that's the way the game was designed. Obviously you could be a nerd and cheese your gamma but most people just didn't
Old 09-30-2014, 05:29 PM
Banned

I would have liked the NPC's to change dialgue more often basd on faction. Like if you got the farmers in the Karanas to be max faction by killing bandits, they would say, "IT IS OUR HERO, DAVEIL! the killer of bandits, please have some corn!" and they would like give you food or something.

Little things like that to make me feel like NPC's in the world were more fun to interact with, not even quests! Just little things. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

More bard mail type quests where NPC's would learn my name, so when I ran through quenos they would shout at ME just by proximity, "oh hey its Daveil! look the great Daveil! Hey Daveil!"

(my characters name is Daveil if you couldnt figure that out.)
Old 09-30-2014, 05:29 PM
Banned

And it looked like crap when you cheesed the gamma. You still couldn't see anywhere near as good or far as here
Old 09-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Aviak

so most of you are not getting this apparently. Thanks to those who are adding their insights.

Once again, what should-have been a part of the classic game as far as game mechanics to make it more enjoyable, logical(maybe), engaging, exciting?

Yes, I know that agi never affected runspeed, what I am saying is that it should have always done this I feel.

Why was Str the stat that affected accuracy? it should be damage only and dex should affect accuracy. Is it just me or are min-maxing nubs avoiding most stats because they dont matter as much as they could?
Old 09-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have something coded to make night darker. Whether it makes the cut to get put in, that remains to be seen.

H
This is probably my biggest wish for the server. The atmosphere is just not the same without the fear of the dark, especially for humans.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

To the people who are debating about human night vision (or lack there of) i think the issue is that light sources provide too much light. My ranger on red is human and is actually very blind while naked, to the point that it's difficult to navigate a tunneled area (such as the kithicor entrance to rivervale), but one of the pieces of equipment she wears (haven't paid enough attention to which one does it) acts as a lightsource that essentially gives me night vision because it illuminates a huge area of my screen. IIRC, most light sources (like a torch or lantern) should give a small field of vision to humans so they could navigate a tunnel but still made it dangerous as they would have trouble seeing a KoS mob before it came into range at night.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread