Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any idea why it won't let my dad log in? He made an account and verified his email just the same as I did last night. Could the problem be that it is not on his c:\ drive? Only thing I can see that he did differently than I did.
Yeah, that's most likely what it is. I'm not sure why exactly, but from what I understand, it needs to be in the root of the C drive. I've got a friend who's main drive is actually set to H for some reason, so I'll try installing on his later and see how it goes.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:00 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm also having the issue of disconnecting after server select, anyone that had the problem fix it yet?

EDIT: And is there a way to make EQW's window bigger?
Not sureif you figured it out yet but I had the same problem and it was because the wsock32.dll was getting caught by my antivirus.
Last edited by Dravingar; 02-19-2012 at 02:22 AM..
Old 02-19-2012, 04:00 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacres [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, that's most likely what it is. I'm not sure why exactly, but from what I understand, it needs to be in the root of the C drive. I've got a friend who's main drive is actually set to H for some reason, so I'll try installing on his later and see how it goes.
EQ wouldn't download for me off the eqmac patcher site when the game wasn't installed under C:\EQMac. I don't have the space on my C drive partition so I just created a symlink from c:\EQMac pointing to the directory on my D drive.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Orc

This is great! Thanks for sharing information on how to set this up. Just got in and made a necromancer to start out with. No 50% pet penalty what I gather. A friendly cleric went by and gave me 20 plat and some caster items. Seems to be a great community.

The population seems to be a bit low though, more so than P1999. Will still stay on P1999 mainly, but it's cool to be able to play a legit PoP server.

A few things would be great to solve though;
- Is there anyway to cap the framerate so that mouse look won't be so slow in x-axis?
- The mouse pointer gets stuck inside the window, and I have to alt-tab to get it outside. This is just a minor annoyance, but anyone knows if it can be fixed?
Old 02-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is great! Thanks for sharing information on how to set this up. Just got in and made a necromancer to start out with. No 50% pet penalty what I gather. A friendly cleric went by and gave me 20 plat and some caster items. Seems to be a great community.

The population seems to be a bit low though, more so than P1999. Will still stay on P1999 mainly, but it's cool to be able to play a legit PoP server.

A few things would be great to solve though;
- Is there anyway to cap the framerate so that mouse look won't be so slow in x-axis?
- The mouse pointer gets stuck inside the window, and I have to alt-tab to get it outside. This is just a minor annoyance, but anyone knows if it can be fixed?
I'm curious about those two issues myself actually, specifically the fps cap. On EQ PC, they have the advanced graphics options with the fps slider, but I guess it hadn't been implemented back when this server stopped receiving updates. I'm hoping there's a console command or maybe an ini change that can do it.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Skeleton

Well, I didn't have any luck finding anything for the fps issue in the ini (then again, I'm not really sure what to look for heh), but I did find something else pretty interesting. I remember hearing people talk about enabling the old velious textures for armor (the textures that were supposedly in the game back before the Luclin models were introduced), but on the PC, there were apparently some pretty bad graphical anomalies when enabling them through the ini.

So, out of curiosity, I tried enabling them in the EQMac ini, took a run around PoK, and wow, they all seem to work! Some of the velious textures look pretty incredible and many are certainly a step above the single default texture that's used for every type of armor. It definitely adds some variety to how people look. Granted, since there aren't many people online right now, I've only witnessed the new textures on NPCs, but I expect it to work just the same with with player's armor as well.

In case any of you want to give this a try, all you need to do is go into the eqclient.ini and change these files from FALSE to TRUE -

LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE
LoadArmor17=TRUE
LoadArmor18=TRUE
LoadArmor19=TRUE
LoadArmor20=TRUE
LoadArmor21=TRUE
LoadArmor22=TRUE
LoadArmor23=TRUE

I only use the old models myself so I'm not really sure if this first one is necessary, or if it even actually works with Luclin models, but I'll check it out in a little bit.

Sigh, it's a shame these textures will only appear client-side (only to us and those who also have the ini options set the same), but it's better than nothing. I really like a lot of the velious textures, so even if I'll be one of the few actually seeing them, that's cool with me.

Edit: Just a little update - I just tried the Velious textures with the Luclin models and yeah... they don't work to well on them. They only seem to partially cover the body. Nonetheless, it's pretty cool seeing some of the different concepts the artists came up with. I wasn't even aware they had designed velious textures for the luclin models period, so it was interesting to see.

Now if only they could be fixed and implemented in the game so we could finally have some aesthetic variety when it comes to armor. One can dream anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Edit Edit: This thread will give you an idea of how most of the velious textures look for each race - http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29595
Last edited by Alacres; 02-19-2012 at 09:26 AM..
Old 02-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

When you're trying to get this to work on a PC with Secrets' fix, does it have to be installed on the C: drive?
Old 02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namfoodle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you're trying to get this to work on a PC with Secrets' fix, does it have to be installed on the C: drive?
Not necessary.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
I'm curious about those two issues myself actually, specifically the fps cap. On EQ PC, they have the advanced graphics options with the fps slider, but I guess it hadn't been implemented back when this server stopped receiving updates. I'm hoping there's a console command or maybe an ini change that can do it.
You need to use EQPlayNice for this, like we used to "back in the day".

Quote:
That is a feature of EQW, I believe the command to release the mouse was Ctrl+Shft+R
Old 02-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Anyone experience this after installing it on the PC?

"Error 1017: Cannot login to the everquest server you may need to re-run the Udate Patch Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Namfoodle; 02-20-2012 at 01:51 AM..