Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenithia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do RMT'ers even get to reroll? I thought it was a permanent IP ban. They'll just do it again on a different character.
False. I got popped for RMT a month or so after joining P1999. TLDR'd the rules, and just went off of what my buddy who got me here said at the time, which was, "Yeah, you can buy pp. They don't care. You just won't be reimbursed if you get scammed." Oh yeah? Sounds great! I'll just buy a little sumpin sumpin to get me started! /facepalm

Moral of that story is "read the f**king rules". I could care less about the money/gear, since I've made 100x the amount of each since going legit. Only regret is losing the character names on the banned account. Wish I could get those back, but I understand why I can't.

Anywho, don't RMT, read and follow the rules, and don't complained when you get punished for violating either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the second chance is that you get to make a new account and continue to play.
For sure. Even after getting banned, GM's were great about answering questions and explaining their decision. The fact that you can re-roll was unexpected and awesome, and I've been enjoying my P1999 second chance ever since!

Stay thirsty my friends.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 02-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenithia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do RMT'ers even get to reroll? I thought it was a permanent IP ban. They'll just do it again on a different character.
You can't realistically ban an IP address to block a particular user. Most residential Internet service uses DHCP to assign the customer an IP address. Each time you reset your modem and reconnect to the ISP's network you are assigned a new IP address within their block.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Nebi

There is a prime example of someone who changed! All of my online alias were on that account and as far as anyone knew I had a solid reputation. Its fine if they keep the enchanter banned but I just want the rest of the names on the account. I dont think thats too much to ask for.

Kuchiki Rukia[60 Enchanter] <Transatlantic Rampage> Banned for Richgirl RMT. Remember 11.29.2011
Old 02-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a prime example of someone who changed! All of my online alias were on that account and as far as anyone knew I had a solid reputation. Its fine if they keep the enchanter banned but I just want the rest of the names on the account. I dont think thats too much to ask for.
Don't sell in game items for real life money. I don't think that's too much to ask for.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't sell in game items for real life money. I don't think that's too much to ask for.
it is when youre so bad at the game that you have to pay to win like a fire giant
Old 02-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forgive and forget.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would prefer to not have people with no regard for the rules as a part of the community
"Altari doesn't deserve to be banned"

Quality troll post OP.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its fine if they keep the enchanter banned but I just want the rest of the names on the account. I dont think thats too much to ask for.
It is.

Pick new names, a new life awaits you on a new login account.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the second chance is that you get to make a new account and continue to play.
Closed Thread