Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirkci_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm lvl 17 atm looking to make a few plats buying half of my lvl 19 spells already and now I'm broke. Left with only 144p to my name. Guide says to kill sisters in lesser faydark for bronze armor and weapons will killing them hurt any factions I should be worried about?
You can go to the wisp Island and farm a few bags of Greater Light Stones, they can be turned in to one of the gypsies in NK for about 10pp each and exp.

You really just need enough money to buy necessary spells to get you to 29. I leveled to 23ish in EK on the hounds and griffawns, then I went to everfrost and did charming on mammoths. These will get you more than enough money for spells and you can stay here until 29 if you really drag it out.

29 will get you ports, bind in OT and port people all day, you will have many platinums.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

I did Mammoths to 33 easily - still blue until then and you can't beat the plat.

Just make sure you bring a large sewing kit or two to hold the tusks.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 01-27-2014, 07:33 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letharos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was probably thinking of sister island in OoT, Mef is correct about Nybrights it's a derv faction hit. If your not an evil you can vendor in zone if not most can vendor @ SFM Druid rings ( confirmed for human SK and necro not sure about lizards)

On blue nybrights and sisters in oot are usually taken during peak hours but u never know
You can do Sister Island in the late 20ies/early 30ies, and repair the faction later on with the Muffin quest. In order to do the quest, Pandos needs to con green (so he will not attack even if he is scowling). Basically just:
- Open a trade window with him
- Hide!
- /consider him and if he is indifferent, you can hit trade.

It is tedious and boring, and I think I did about 300 trades (4 unstacked muffins at the time for 4 simultanious faction hits) before faction was warmly or so.

Note: Basically you will be KOS in Kelethin between the level you ruin faction and the level you can do this quest safely (late 40ies? Can't really remember, Pandos is lvl 28 I think), but at lvl 29 you get Ring of Misty which is a faster banking spot (and all the city-vendor spells are there) than Kelethin anyway, so I really did not miss going to Tree-city much in that period.

Come to think of it, I am not really sure why I bothered to fix the faction at all, but my point is that it is very possible [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

In order to make good money the first thing you need to do is get weight reduction bags. Saving up trash is your best bet to accrue cash, and until you have enough ports to hit druid rings and sell without wasting time you need bags. With your first money buy bags. Fill them with fine steel or other junk. This stuff adds up. As you level, buy better bags to hold bigger/more/heavier stuff.

Get a crude stein! Use it when you sell. An extra 2-3 gp on every item you sell will add up very fast.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

Weight reduction bags are a huge help. They are pretty expensive themselves though. Remember to utilize your ports/ability to bind everywhere. You should find a safe place to bind (cause you can get in a sticky situation if you die and are bound in a dangerzone) but you can sell at a lot of the druid rings.

The Mammoths are great too because there is a Barbarian vendor up there.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:59 AM
Orc

For low to mid 30s hags in unrest tower are awesome. Low hps and you root/dot them and duck around a corner and they can't blast you. With decent cold resist and harmony they are super easy and great xp. And I left there with backpacks full of lowbie twink loot. Decent pp.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For low to mid 30s hags in unrest tower are awesome. Low hps and you root/dot them and duck around a corner and they can't blast you. With decent cold resist and harmony they are super easy and great xp. And I left there with backpacks full of lowbie twink loot. Decent pp.
IMO this isn't worth it as a druid. Root-dotting is never going to be better EXP than charming or quadding, and you can make more plat per hour porting or getting to a higher level and doing some legit money camps.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Agreed with Estu.

However, if you are interested in doing a camp and AFKing for large periods of time, root rotting works just as well as quadding. I think you can down the 3 in knight room at 34 before going oom. I am guessing 3 unrest mobs is > 4 quad mobs in any outdoor zone due to ZEM. But charming is going to be better exp everywhere.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah but the Knight ph is like 22 minutes so your stuck doing the 2 hags. If you are also doing the duck around a corner method you got to kill the roamer hag in the stairway, too.

On top of that, you got to keep all your resist buffs up just in case she tags you with a DD or it will take half your life at 34.

Much better camp for a cleric or ench that can stun their casts - FV quadding pirates was much better at 34 IMO, or Overthere charming if it wasn't busy with a bunch of bards.

Root rotting gets better when you can keep 4 mobs down with long duration roots plus 53 Fire dot and clicky ES arms to do all your damage.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Orc

Looking for some friendly leveling help. Currently lvl 45, and looking for a new place to quad kite. OT is pretty much all light blue mobs and I have been there since 34, i'm sick of it. I try groups in CoM but its very slow compared to quad kiting. I'm very well geared, where can I go to quad that's not crazy full of roamers. Any tips is helpful and thanks in advance!