Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A few comments to Etsu:

1. Don't bother trying to bounce aggro. It's a waste of your time and mana. Instead just med while they fight and break it whenever one of them is near death, even if the other is at 90%. Kill the low HP one and find a new pet to fight your 90% mob. Just keep it snared.
2. Don't bother with DoTs to finish mobs. If you're in an outdoor zone and using snare (as opposed to indoors where you want to root), the mobs will be running and therefore take 2/3rds of the full DoT damage. Which ends up making a nuke more efficient at almost any level. Keeping up your 2 most recent nukes to use when a mob is at 10% and at 2% helps save you mana also.
3. If don't right you should use mana on 4 spells: charm, snare, nuke, invis. Shouldn't need to DoT, root, fear, or aggro at all.*. I guess keeping up SoW too.

*indoors is a different story. At higher levels in kedge or Chardok you want to root everything.
Your (2) doesn't make any sense because a fleeing mob takes full damage from DoTs. This is why fear kiting with DoTs is a thing people (generally necros) do.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:00 AM
Planar Protector

It makes sense when combined with your #4 where you were talking about aggro kiting to keep both of them at low HP so that when they break they will both be low HP and when there are two they won't flee usually. Perhaps "mobs will be running" was the wrong way the phrase that. "Mobs will be moving"

Druid DoTs really are pretty bad unless you are root rotting in a confined space tbh. It isn't until higher levels where they become more efficient and even then it's only the fire DoT (Breath of Ro)... Winged Death really isn't all that efficient compared to nukes.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes sense when combined with your #4 where you were talking about aggro kiting to keep both of them at low HP so that when they break they will both be low HP and when there are two they won't flee usually. Perhaps "mobs will be running" was the wrong way the phrase that. "Mobs will be moving"
I see what you mean. I didn't really run into this when I was charm killing because I'd tend to target enemy mobs that were higher level than my pet and not necessarily animals, so they would in fact both flee. But I think your overall method (i.e. of letting one mob get low HP first, killing it, then finding another mob and continuing) may make more sense.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Always best to stick to animals only. In basically all zones where you charm kite you can do this.

Karanas from 14-25~
Everfrost from 25-30~
Overthere from 30-45~

I mean... You CAN pull non-animals. But it's really only worth it if there are no animals available, which is somewhat rare in those zones.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Real method for EK, forget all the rest:

Aggro animal, pull it to guard. Charm animal when guard brings it below 10%. Move from guard, invis/hide to break charm. Dot/DD for kill and Profit.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real method for EK, forget all the rest:

Aggro animal, pull it to guard. Charm animal when guard brings it below 10%. Move from guard, invis/hide to break charm. Dot/DD for kill and Profit.
Hax

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your (2) doesn't make any sense because a fleeing mob takes full damage from DoTs. This is why fear kiting with DoTs is a thing people (generally necros) do.
This is wrong. I can confirm that stinging swarm does 13 dmg per tick while mob is standing,and only 8 dmg per tick when they are moving. This is regardless of whether the mob was standing/runing when cast.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

When a mob is fleeing either via a fear spell or from low HP, they do take 100% DMG from DoTs.

Etsu is right in that regard.

But I was arguing that fear kiting is not worth it since your pet will be doing over 50% of the damage and you will lose exp. You are better off letting them fight and nuking whichever mob is lower on HP.
Last edited by Daldaen; 04-23-2014 at 01:53 PM..
Old 04-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Any thoughts on whether or not a charmed pet takes their 50% XP to the grave with them if they are killed?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

You'll get full xp for killing your charmed pet (after you break the charm, as long as you use a dot, nuke or melee dmg) , but it's the same as if you solo'd the mob some other way. A pet won't gain/store the xp in any way.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread