Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

After learning what I can and can't take the newby experience isn't nearly as awful as it was. The server's honestly a lot of fun. I hear there's an enormous xp boost for playing in a full group; that's probably how people are already 50.

Trying to decide on a race for my Beastlord now. I was initially dead set on Iksar but Vah Shir look super dope in leather armor.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been having a problem loading EQ for this, maybe someone on here knows of a way to fix it. I followed every step on the guide above, several times with different clients. Whenever I try and start EQ from EQW(running as admin)I get the same error. Exception Processing Message 0xc000007b Parameters 0x000007FEFD9E718C 0x000007FEFD9E718C 0x000007FEFD9E718C 0x000007FEFD9E718C and when I click OK another message pops up "Failed to load the graphics DLL!".

If anyone has an idea any help would be great.
You need visual c++ 2010 runtime redistributable.

Had same issue on one of my PCs that happened to not already have it.

H
Old 01-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

H
I just wanted to throw out that I'm also having the same problem that you quoted there but already have the Visual C++ 2010 runtime redistributable for both x86 and x64 on my Windows 7 machine. My setup matches Bob's in the Grabilla link in the post referenced below. Still having the same error.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=143

I've gone through every Microsoft 'recommended' fix or scan for the problem as well to no avail.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Orc

Haven't heard anything about group bonus but dungeons seem to have a crazy exp mod. At lvl 5 i was getting huge chunks of my level per kill in befallen.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

H
Yup same as TK. Had visual c++, all the .net run times, uninstalled everything, reeinstalled everything, same error. I was able to "fix" it by formatting my c: and reinstalling windows. Works perfectly now.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup same as TK. Had visual c++, all the .net run times, uninstalled everything, reeinstalled everything, same error. I was able to "fix" it by formatting my c: and reinstalling windows. Works perfectly now.
You really wanted to play =D
Old 01-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

Default Crashing after you get past server select fix

I ran into this problem when i had NEW UI true on in the eqini file.

I had download and incomplete mac eq resource folder. once i got the complete resource folder and recopied it into my C:EQMac directory fixed my problem could play with new UI or just use the original as i pleased.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 01-09-2015, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Yea...ive had a few people i sent files to copy the Resource folder itself into the eqmac dir. Gotta copy the files INSIDE it into the eqmac root.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really wanted to play =D
I'm not sure which I wanted more, to play, or to just get it working. I logged in for maybe 5 minutes. My c: drive is a real small partition anyway, and it hasn't been formatted since I bought the harddrive in 2013.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea...ive had a few people i sent files to copy the Resource folder itself into the eqmac dir. Gotta copy the files INSIDE it into the eqmac root.
Read this! Pay attention when you try to get this running, the PC client is more forgiving than it should be and it's quite easy to fuck the whole thing up BUT still be able to connect(poorly)
Closed Thread