Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

i lol'd at this, i was looking mostly at the pictures :P
Old 03-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did she get banned for having brain surgery? When will the oppression stop...
It seems saying "fuck off" in RnF is bannable. Somebody, WHO I AM NOT NAMING, is overly sensitive and a little butthurt.

Next time I'll just say "I angrily dismiss your inane post as rubbish" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wanna play this game!

I am so completely out of the loop on all things P99 that do not pass through IRC so I'd totally like to explain the Uthgaard situation with some of the least complete information possible.

Uthgaard took a hard stance against people harming the wellbeing of the server through cheating, haxxing, boxxing, RMT, and other such nonsense.

A large DLL sting operation was enacted that caught a large number of cheaters across all levels of P99 players including those in high profile guilds. No high profile guild was completely immune to this though some were obviously larger offenders than others.

Instead of all of these players being banned or at least publicly humiliated, they were suspended, and de-levelled. Uthgaard was not happy with this "nice" treatment and this left him feeling a bit betrayed in trying to defend the honor of the server.

Uthgaard had several sting operations in the works in addition to what was being done by other staff through the DLL fun. These included infiltrating a high level guild to catch DDoSers and find out information about RMT, entrapment through high end sales in game to catch RMT, looking through the logs of fellow staff members to see what they had been doing, etc.

Cyrius was ousted as someone supposedly abusing his GM powers for himself/guild. (Uthgaard posted some semi-incriminating logs of this just recently in another thread)

Xzerion was also investigated heavily by Uthgaard and when Uth believed he had enough information he took it to Nilbog and Rogean and demanded that something be done about it. Nilbog felt the information provided was sketchy at best and did not incriminate Xzerion to such a degree that he had to be removed. Uthgaard got upset, several public fights broke out. I believe at this time both Xzerion and Uthgaard stepped down as devs/GMs/whatever or were removed. (Logs of some of these conversations were also posted in another thread)

Post this excitement things got quiet for a while, but then Uthgaard started making underhanded comments and trolling the staff in posts. A couple of recent RNF posts started out about RMT and Tiggles(Quickfingers) having been given loot by Uthgaard. Uthgaard made some comments and Rogean responded back with logs of Uthgaard giving Quickfingers some items he shouldn't have. Uthgaard replied back with logs of conversations saying Rogean knew he had given Quickfingers a character and some nonsense items. A little bickering went back and forth and then finally Uthgaard was banned.

Uth then made another account (Uthagain?) and started posting more information while Rogean said he didn't give a shit and refused to be trolled anymore. In the latter parts of the same threads comments were made about how the staff was aware of some serious RMT action headed by Richgirl and others, logs were posted showing Cyrius abusing guide powers (though some of these were explained away by other members), more comments were made about Xzerion abusing his power, etc etc.

Through all of this it has come out that Uthgaard and Tiggles were using some knowledge of the internet and various paid public data search engines to find people's RL information "for the betterment of the server" and/or to track down RMT.

In addition to this apparently some forum members (see Autotune) have claimed to have received a list of names purported to be the list of those suspended and delevelled for cheating.

A lot of all of this can be interpreted a lot of different ways depending on your point of view and bias. So you'll have to be the judge of all of that.

From my point of view I think Uthgaard does believe he has the best interest of the server in mind. However I am not sure how I feel about the taking things beyond the realm of P99 and into people's RL. This bothers me a little especially if any of this information was gleaned from account information used for eqemulator but whatever. I don't cheat or RMT so I don't care. Of course I also don't think anything short of DDoSing the server deserves any sort of RL action.

I truly do not believe that there has been any sort of massive conspiracy or cover up of favoritism toward one guild involved in all of this. I will say that I do 100% believe that favoritism does exist for all members of the staff and player community. I just don't think it's some sort of widespread clusterfuck conspiracy to see which guild stays on top. The staff are people too and as such are going to form bonds with other individuals and sometimes those individuals are going to have inside information, or a tiny enough bias to get them a favorable response in a 50/50 situation.

As for an RMT cover-up I think it's more the staff not really having the interest/time in tracking down and banning and locating all of the plat involved to make a reasonable enough dent in the situation. I don't think staff are involved or profiting from that and Uthgaard has not said that was the case either.

I think the sad reality of the situation is that Uthgaard is investing himself too heavily in all of this and needs to back up and relax and realize that P99 is not worth this much stress in his life. Whether he is right or wrong is not really that relevant in the grand scheme of things. Most people here just wanna play EQ and relive a few fond memories.

Anyway, that is all I remember offhand soooooo. Hope that helps~
Plot of the next Tom Clancy novel.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

RMT on this server is a joke, a pal of mine offloaded his blue shit for ~$400 when red came out, his banker account was still unbanned a week ago.

Server integrity ++
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RMT on this server is a joke, a pal of mine offloaded his blue shit for ~$400 when red came out, his banker account was still unbanned a week ago.

Server integrity ++
Pretty sure this is the only server in existence that even cares about stopping it.

When you want to be unbanned, make a petition with the RMT information you're withholding.

Lethdar--;
Old 03-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure this is the only server in existence that even cares about stopping it.

When you want to be unbanned, make a petition with the RMT information you're withholding.

Lethdar--;
The RMT situation is a joke though. BDA provided a full dossier of info on wampy when he RMTed for $400 and nothing happened that I know of. Kerney pulled his undercover RMT stunt and nothing came from that either. I know it's a complicated issue but from the outside looking in it seems that not much is being done to fix it. I'd personally donate money to the cause for RMT sting operations.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Lethdar++;
Old 03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The RMT situation is a joke though. BDA provided a full dossier of info on wampy when he RMTed for $400 and nothing happened that I know of. Kerney pulled his undercover RMT stunt and nothing came from that either. I know it's a complicated issue but from the outside looking in it seems that not much is being done to fix it. I'd personally donate money to the cause for RMT sting operations.
With all due respect Chest, Our investigations and punishments are private. They are not public matters. I Will be damned if i'm going to come post on the boards

Quote:
"State of RMT Investigations"

Today i pulled 120 trade logs and banned 10 people for RMT. they were all brand new people to the server except for 1 little rinky dink level 1 account that was platlords mule. The following idiots were banned for purchasing plat:

Donald
Huey
Dewey
Louie
Mickey
Minnie
Goofy
Daisy
Clarabell
Scrooge
I posted last week that I took around 1 million in RMT'd plat off of the market and i banned some of plat lord's characters thanks to my own sting (You sold to a GM - Good job Plat Lord!!!) So don't believe him if he tells you he's never had any bans from his transactions. Also don't believe CJB89 or CJ89 or Bilefroth WHATEVER He goes by - HE has had a ton of accounts banned for RMT also.

but THIS IS NOT INFO WE WOULD NORMALLY SHARE because, we have a non-disclosure rule about that sort of stuff.

Posting this now i really risk Nilbog and rogean taking me out behind the barn and beating me but i am being as non specific as i can be.

There is more to it than just "OMG BILLY SAYS THAT TOMMY RMT'S GOTTA BAN *BAN*"
Old 03-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No idea what you're talking about. I provide query assistance for those who do spend a lot of time investigating these issues. I inquired about the 'full dossier' you mentioned and was informed that a screenshot had been submitted.

Yes it is complicated, but mostly from a time perspective. If the legwork is done, and we can see point A to point B, then there you go. I haven't seen the supposed screenshot yet, but unless it includes a lot of information I'd never think someone would disclose, that's not a full dossier bro.

You naming specifics and saying it is a joke is a two way street though. On one hand, there's people that believe nothing is done, see it as a huge issue and feel sad. On the other hand, it's good because if someone is RMTing, they won't think anyone is looking into it and might be sloppy.

Regardless, this conversation should be had in private. If you have a petition/report, bump that motherfucker.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Banned

Amelinda don't let people goad you into getting yourself in trouble. It isn't worth it.
Closed Thread