Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Question A thread for random questions!

Hey you, newbie!

I know you've got questions. Maybe you think they are stupid questions. Maybe you thought about making a thread, but didn't want to get laughed off the forums, or just couldn't bring yourself to click that "new thread" button for such a small question. Maybe you tried asking a question before and everyone just told you to "read the fucking wiki"! This thread is for you!

Bad questions for this thread:
"what race should I pick" (pick what you like, or read one of the many, many threads on this subject)
"can someone rez me in upper guk plz" (this is better asked in-game)
"what guild should I join" (there's an entire forum dedicated to helping you find a guild)

Good questions for this thread:
"is this quest worth it"
"where can I find _____"
"what does ____ mean"
"how do I ____"
"I don't get how this mechanic works"
.etc .etc .etc

Bad answers for this thread:
"read the fucking wiki!"

Good answers for this thread:
"That mechanic works like _______. You can read more about it on the wiki here: ____"
Old 10-22-2015, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

There is aguide for Barb Shamen thar says I should be able to kite baby mammoths, at lvl 10, but every time I try, I run out of mana long befoe the mob is dead and have to run to the guard.
Where can I take my Shaman for good xp at my current level? I keep getting trained in Blackburrow.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlievox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is aguide for Barb Shamen thar says I should be able to kite baby mammoths, at lvl 10, but every time I try, I run out of mana long befoe the mob is dead and have to run to the guard.
Where can I take my Shaman for good xp at my current level? I keep getting trained in Blackburrow.
If I recall correctly a mammoth calf spawns in the level range of 10-14. They tend to hit harder than other mobs for their level. After a while I didn't bother hunting them unless they were blue. If you want to stay in the Everfrost area, I recommend setting up camp against the Southern Wall, on either side of the frozen river. I preferred to hang on the eastern side. There you will have all sorts of blues that path by. Be warned though, there is a lvl 50 dark assassin that paths between the tower at number 11 on the map on the link, and the ridge just to the west of it. You won't see him until it's too late, so stay nearer the wall when making your way to camp.

That spot should be good to level 14. You can then pickup your spells and head out on an adventure through Norrath!

http://wiki.project1999.com/Everfrost_Peaks
Old 10-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Sarnak

does ENC berserk line stack with SHM fury line?
Old 10-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey you, newbie!

I know you've got questions. Maybe you think they are stupid questions. Maybe you thought about making a thread, but didn't want to get laughed off the forums, or just couldn't bring yourself to click that "new thread" button for such a small question. Maybe you tried asking a question before and everyone just told you to "read the fucking wiki"! This thread is for you!

Bad questions for this thread:
"what race should I pick" (pick what you like, or read one of the many, many threads on this subject)
"can someone rez me in upper guk plz" (this is better asked in-game)
"what guild should I join" (there's an entire forum dedicated to helping you find a guild)
What cleric race is best for rezzing in Upper Guk and should I put them in a guild? How do the mechanics of this work?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2015, 09:05 AM
Large Bat

I have a ton of questions that certainly fit this category but now I've drawn a blank, save one:

Why manually eat? For instance, I've seen folks summon globes of water and bread, and eat 3 or 4 in a row. Why not leave them in your inventory? Thanks
Old 10-23-2015, 09:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a ton of questions that certainly fit this category but now I've drawn a blank, save one:

Why manually eat? For instance, I've seen folks summon globes of water and bread, and eat 3 or 4 in a row. Why not leave them in your inventory? Thanks
Probably just clicking out of boredom or making room in their inv.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:44 AM
Kobold

For a poor necro who doesn't have the funds to buy a CoS, what is the best way to solo charm?

Time a Gather Shadows cast at low health or some other spell? Or just don't do it until I have some more monies?
Old 10-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

@jahdu: There is only one cleric race that can hide & sneak to get to places others can not easily. That's halfling.

But really, race is not that important. There are clickies and potions for lacking abilities. Better play what you feel comfortable with. From a stat point of view, i think dwarves or high elves are best (high elves have highest WIS but suffer from low strength, bad for a plate wearer).
Old 10-23-2015, 09:53 AM
Fire Giant

@JboxCSU: People charm without invis clickies all the time. You can use Cancel Magic instead of invis, if your charm is in the topmost slot of the mob. Casting time and mana is less for that.

If you only need it for charming, you could camp the goblin gazhugi ring. You can do it at relatively low level (the sarnak courier is level 14 or so, surrounding mobs maybe 20), but it can take a really long time (that's why its really expensive if you want to buy it). It's an invis vs animals clicky. Since any invis breaks charm, this will do.
Closed Thread