Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just facts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone know if any changes where made to lull/harmony types of spells?
Had the worst of luck with them yesterday, mobs would aggro as if not lulled/harmony.
Sounds like sneak and harmony were using the same code.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Was Ragebringer fixed? Every other haste item in the game gives cooldown reduction in the game (as it should) but Ragebringer doesn't. Ragebringer reduced backstab cooldown in classic, so please fix it.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listen I played on Rallos Zek. We used strafe to outrun other players in classic. However, mobs would still catch and bash you which would result in the player killing you or dying to the mob. That is my memory of strafing in Classic/kunark/Velious. If others have different than that then I won't argue. But I remember mobs catching me and other players not able to on quite a few occasions strafing in PVP.
Lazie do you even play on this server anymore? Why would you care one way or another what happens here as a ghost? Or do you just troll the forums to argue about things your failing memory clearly are not serving you correctly on? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Get your a$$ back to playing or quit being a forum troll ;p P.S. Would prefer the a$$ back playing... just saying
Old 02-17-2017, 11:10 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was Ragebringer fixed? Every other haste item in the game gives cooldown reduction in the game (as it should) but Ragebringer doesn't. Ragebringer reduced backstab cooldown in classic, so please fix it.
Plz Plz! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2017, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Not a evidence but i dont remember this whole leashe thing at all in Kunark/Velious era... even in planes of power when i stoped playing a 1-2 months in... was not a thing.

I used to agro stuff in Dreadlands, near FV Zoneline, run all the way to wizard spires... and after 3 mins there loooking for a port, mob would still come kill me. Never forgot me.

I used to make exp in that castle door in planes of valor in Planes of Power expansion, sometimes people would drop trains on us... we ran all the way to zonelines with horse speed and shit, and they still would chase us/kill us there.

Maybe thats just me. Anyways, thanks for all the hardwork you do coders/staff members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does. But i think it needs work.
Can I suggest it might be best considering what we want to happen and working back.

A 65% chance of blur means you get the chance to split 27% of the time vs 3 mobs. This seems much lower on live where my recollection is about a 50% chance of getting to try to split - this would work off an 80% chance of blur per mob. So on three mobs .8*.8*.8 = 51.2%.

Given that this is only to get a chance to split and Sneak has been altered with chance of social, this would seem reasonable? It would certainly tally with how I remember splits working on Live.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:38 PM
Aviak

of the 80% of the stats posted on the internet, 60% are made up and 75% are true. See what happens when just throw numbers out *that you remember* or that *you think are right by memory*.?
Old 02-19-2017, 12:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
of the 80% of the stats posted on the internet, 60% are made up and 75% are true. See what happens when just throw numbers out *that you remember* or that *you think are right by memory*.?
Yeah. But maths is maths and no attempt at alt-facts is gonna change that.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I suggest it might be best considering what we want to happen and working back.

A 65% chance of blur means you get the chance to split 27% of the time vs 3 mobs. This seems much lower on live where my recollection is about a 50% chance of getting to try to split - this would work off an 80% chance of blur per mob. So on three mobs .8*.8*.8 = 51.2%.

Given that this is only to get a chance to split and Sneak has been altered with chance of social, this would seem reasonable? It would certainly tally with how I remember splits working on Live.
Your maths is fine, your alt facts arent....
Old 02-19-2017, 04:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your maths is fine, your alt facts arent....
Why, we're talking about the CHANCE to get a split, not of a split.

Live was about 50% chance to split vs 3 mobs, given we also have social on sneak now on P99, it seems a reasonable expectation.
Closed Thread