Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 09:17 AM
Aviak

Default Being realistic about getting Jboots?

So I've reached a high enough level on my main where I'm starting to think about trying to get a pair of Jboots. However, much to my dismay, it seems that all options to Jboots are, well, shitty at best.

Here's how it seems to break down:

1) MQ it. Camp 100 Shralok Packs or a bazillion stacks of bone chips and buy the ring MQ for 7k and simply pray I don't get taken for a ride. (yes, yes, vet sellers and all that, but how does that work for someone who doesn't know the reputable sellers in the community? What if my game crashes during the MQ? GMs have already stated they won't reimburse MQs according to the forum.)

2) Get in line at OOT once I reach mid 40s early 50s and deal with all the crap and politics that comes with that camp, in addition to needing to set aside anywhere from 12 to 24 straight hours to wait in line behind 5-6 other people who already have jboots and are farming the ring for plat.

3) Try S Ro where the AC has an extremely predictable spawn time now courtesy of the Nilbog rewrite. If it hasn't popped between 9pm and 10pm it isn't popping, and pretty much every druid on the server knows this as the zone population goes from 1 at 8pm, to 10-15 at 9pm, then back to 1 at 10pm-11pm.

I played back when Jboots dropped in Najena and up to Planes of Power, and the S Ro ancient was always my fall back from having to deal with #1 and #2, however, the spawn no longer operates as it did back in classic. It used to be very, very similar to the Pyzjn spawn in Qeynos Hills where it could spawn in the day and you can manipulate your chances of a spawn through thorough analysis of the spawn events and timing placeholders. However, it seems Nilbog rewrote both these camps (pyzjn and S Ro ancient) and neither operates in the same way as they did on live.

So, with the S Ro option no longer being viable due to a 9pm, in-game druid dinner bell (how was this thought to be a good idea?), is MQ for 7k really the best option available to a new p99 player like myself?
Last edited by spectrefax; 05-13-2017 at 09:29 AM..
Old 05-13-2017, 09:58 AM
Aviak

Sro is probably your best net, there really aren't any "good" options here. At least there you have a chance at getting FTE on it, instead of standing in line.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:14 AM
Kobold

From reading suggestions from others, my advice to you would be to stick with the OOT camp, and ignore the line aspect of the whole thing.

Just camp on the island, login every so often and see whats going on, there might be a line, there might not, the spawn might be up with nobody there (this DOES happen every so often) in which case you just kill him and you're done!

You can also check the line, if its 1-2 people, you could wait for a bit if you wanted.

But really, just checking in every so often, you will eventually find a moment where you effectively have it all to yourself, especially if you get restless and do a quick login at 3 AM or something.

This might take you weeks, but it beats sitting logged in for 12 straight hours.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Play unsociable hours. Best luck I have is when there is no one else in the zone/camp.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:27 AM
Aviak

If you're high enough level try to farm a goblin gazughi ring. Should sell high enough to fund your jboots. Took me like 5 hours to farm one but I've seen people get lucky and get it within the first hour.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Took 12 levels and many deaths on my (was) lvl 12 mage to get a courier ring. I think I was one of the unlucky ones!
Old 05-13-2017, 10:33 AM
Fire Giant

The OOT camp is really not that hard. Get up early one day and get on the list, there might only be 1-2 people in line if it's off hours. When I got mine I was on The list for 4 hours and he popped in 2 hours. A tad on the lucky side but reasonable. Otherwise farm 6k plat and go to town. By the way, people are not going to rip you off if you pay for an MQ. These people do it over and over again because it's their cash cow.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

lets say 6k... SoW Pots

EC price
6000/100 = 60*360 = 21600/60 = 360 hours of sow(cast at your level)

Cost to make~
6000/65 = 92*360 = 33120/60 = 552 hours of sow(cast at your level)

Jboots overrated.
---
https://wiki.project1999.com/Traveler%27s_Boots
---
If it takes you more than 6 hours to farm jboots cyclops you're wasting your time.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-13-2017 at 10:41 AM..
Old 05-13-2017, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Don't do Jboots. Just buy sow pots. Pots last longer and give better speed. Plus, the initial investment is far lower. I've been using pots since level 25 on my necro, and I haven't spent anywhere close to 7k and I'm now 52.

If you are smart you'll listen to my advice rather than obsessing over an item that is more work acquiring (in the current state of this server) than it's worth.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

...and sell your sow pots with 1 charge left in a 10 dose. You'll save some plat that way, if you're buying at 100pp
Closed Thread