Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

You can basically 5 or 10 man naggy now. Not sure how it would be fun for the casual raiders to watch five core raiders actually kill it, while they watch on the sidelines useless for 30 seconds until it dies. Or they die because they don't have any resist gear.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

Got a hand full of kills on agnarr. Very fun when you first do it!

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 08-21-2017, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can basically 5 or 10 man naggy now. Not sure how it would be fun for the casual raiders to watch five core raiders actually kill it, while they watch on the sidelines useless for 30 seconds until it dies. Or they die because they don't have any resist gear.
I'm not so knowledgeable on the low man strategies, but I'm guessing those 5-10 man squads have epics, Velious armors, 255 MR, etc.

I think Skarlorn is targetting the true noobs of the server that are just building toons from rags, or unguilded min-max casuals.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:12 PM
Kobold

Oh for the live of pixels!
Old 08-21-2017, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not so knowledgeable on the low man strategies, but I'm guessing those 5-10 man squads have epics, Velious armors, 255 MR, etc.

I think Skarlorn is targetting the true noobs of the server that are just building toons from rags, or unguilded min-max casuals.
He was referencing my comment about letting the superbgeared A/A kill squads try to small man it, and turning it into an event. But I didn't mean let A/A start the show. First you let the two groups of lvl 40's give it a shot, then the crazy monk that brought a lot of wort pots and thinks he's hokushin, then the bard that swears he has enough room to kite it, etc. Let people have some dang fun.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you agree to let any Bladestoppers and Rez Sticks that drop from these dragons to be rolled off by exclusively A/A members in attendance perhaps you will get a deal.
Honestly, I think this is a pretty fair starting point! Noobs don't really have much use for those items.

And this has nothing to do with Rustle. I don't really raid; I don't even have a naggy/vox alt.

It just seems like the time is right for this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hoping more raiders come in and comment!
Old 08-21-2017, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not to set up a chance for elite 5 to 10 man forces. There would be an organization set up around some guild willing to run it and everyone who wants to show up could show up. I remember seeing a Vox raid back in '00 with several guilds, like a whole army of elves in the staging area... was truly beautiful!
Old 08-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

I have a 52 Warrior, 52 Paladin and 50 Bard friend. Let me know when you get A/A on board with this and I will lead some excellent Nagafen/Vox raids for you.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

On the Bristlebane server Nagafen/Vox had a list that guilds could use to "reserve" the dragons. Because it was GM-enforced no one guild could take all the dragon kills; they had to share.

I got the (small family) guild I was in on the Vox list once, waited patiently, and then led a pick-up raid. I think it was in the late Luclin era, so it was totally possible to kill Vox with a small force (and I'm sure the top guilds would do it that way on their turn), but we just grabbed as many people as we could find and swarmed. It was one of the most fun EverQuest experiences I ever had ... and I didn't even get a single piece of loot out of it.

It would be cool if others had the opportunity to have similar experiences here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-21-2017 at 05:43 PM..
Old 08-21-2017, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Nilbog and Rogean are more likely to give up the code and database before the "hardcore" raiders here share any pixels.
Closed Thread