Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 07:45 PM
Kobold

Default Platinum Coldain Insigna Ring

Hello everyone,

So my friend helped me kill Ghrek Squatnot but, after the fight, it appears that Tain was dead (he was not there anymore). In all the action, we didn't see what happened.

I logged in today and Tain was up. When I gave him the Frozen Elixir, nothing happened. He didn't say he did not need this item, and he didn't give it back. My question is: Is the quest still possible if Tain dies? If so, do I need to tell the new Tain "I will help", and give the "being helped version" the elixir before the new giants arrive?

Thanks for the help!

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Old 08-23-2017, 12:39 AM
Fire Giant

So you need to aggro those giants fast and usually you want to fight them away from tain because they can aggro his dead body and kill it. After you hand in the item to spawn the giants a different version of tain pops although he'll look the same. The tain you need to do the final turn in is the tain that pops after the intial turn in, and if he dies during the fight, you have to do the first turn in over again.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:03 AM
Fire Giant

1) Get note to Tain.
Talk to Garadain Glacierbane and say, "What smithing hammer" and "Who is Tain?" You receive a "note to tain."

2) Talk to Tain and Turn in Note
Tain Hammerfrost is a wounded dwarf lying on the ground at -4950, -2650. You say, You say, 'I will help.' Turn in Note

3) Giants Spawn Kill Ghrek Squatnot
Four frost giants and a named leader, Ghrek Squatnot, spawn on a hill a bit east of Tain's location. Kill Ghrek loot Frozen Elixir.

4) Move to 4(a) if Tain Dead move to 4(b) is Tain Alive Following Step 3.
4(a) - If Tain killed by giants during step 3.
Wait a few hours for Tain to respawn, repeat step 1 and 2, wait for Tain to move and the Giants to spawn again. Then turn in Frozen Elixir and run the hell out.
4(b) - If Tain alive after step 3.
Turn in Frozen Elixir.

5) Ring 5.
Return to Garadain Glacierbane and give him the Coldain Smithing Hammer along with your Gold Coldain Insignia Ring to receive your Platinum Coldain Insignia Ring.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:24 PM
Kobold

So I need to get another elixir and, if Tain dies, wait for him to pop again, give him the Note, tell him I will help, then give him the elixir before the giants arrive. Is that correct?

In the wiki, it says that "Giving the Note doesn't do much, so try hailing him." I understood that the note wasn't required.

Thans for the help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

RED
Old 08-25-2017, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

You should've gotten the elixir the first fight you guffed up. So just get the note, wait for him to respawn, give him the note, turn in the elixir right away.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:24 PM
Kobold

Yeah that would have been ideal, but here's the problem: As I mentioned in my first post, I gave it to the wrong version and he kept it. So I have to get another one :/

RED
Closed Thread