Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 08:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Question about Dial a Port

Hello all!

I am new to p99. I have a level 13 shaman and have been enjoying my time. I have decided to head to Kurns for 14 - 19 and was told about dial a port. I was told the best route to Kurns would be to get a druid 57+ to port me to EJ and than evac me to FoB zone line.

So I do a who all dial and see a 60 druid Amelias. I asked for a port to EJ. I get an AFK message that was being used as an advertising board I guess. In the AFK message it said to whisper him where you are, where you want to go and how much you are offering. So I sent another tell saying steam to ej can spare 5pp. He replied "naw I will pass." So I figured as a 60 he is probably not thrilled with making 5pp so I ask is it because of the low plat. Hoping he would say yes and be honest and I could offer more. I had 30pp on me and would have been willing to give it all away for the help to getting to FoB where I can make good plat on bone chips I hear. He said no it was cause he was busy. Well I am under the impression if someone from dial a port has their tag up then they are porting and if they aren't then they go anon or role. So I ask are just busy with other ports cause I can wait.
I get an immediate response of "sure otw". He shows up and I try to give plat and he canceled trade. He starts to port and we end up in Iceclad where I am booted from group and left stranded.

I log off for dinner and come back a few hours later. I do a who all again on dial and this time contact Mordicuss. I ask him if I can get a ride to EJ and he says sure. We get to EJ and I hand him 13pp and ask if he would mind evac'ing me to fob zone line. I am just to low level to run across the zone. He evacs us and I say thank you and start running. Before he leaves group he types into group chat ignore slowwz. I am thinking wtf did he just try to add me to his ignore list and forget to hit /? I am thinking is this because of 13pp or something. So I try to ask and I get no reply.

So this is the type of 13 year old crap one would expect from World of Warcraft but on p99 seriously?
Old 01-29-2017, 09:25 PM
Sarnak

Everyone in dial a port only sees you as platinum. The first guy is a dick and probably would get kicked. The second guy was nice. However, he's investing his time to be a port bitch and wants the highest return (just like farming some BS mobs like Seafuries). So a common thing for them is that anyone who lowballs tips (even if it's because it's a new player) goes on the ignore list so they can be free for the lazy high levels.

Don't take the second one personally.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

You got unlucky with a few assholes. When I'm porting with DaP, if it's a clear newb asking for a port, I won't necessarily prioritize them but I'll always do the pick-up and take what they can give me. I'm definitely not the only one like this. I'd just suggest explaining in your first request/tell that you're new to the server and can't offer much for a ride. Some people might ignore you but hopefully a decent person will help out, you may just have to wait a little longer.

That first guy though, wtf. Paging Tupakk!
twitch.tv/kayyte_p99
Old 01-29-2017, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you had an issue. We don't operate like this and I will take to both of them the next time I see them.

If you ever need anything. Hit me up I am always around.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 01-29-2017, 09:52 PM
Banned

Theyre interesting real time to save you time maybe give them 20p and don't be a pain in the ass. How's real life treating you btw?
Old 01-29-2017, 11:25 PM
Aviak

Howdy, Mordicuss here! My bad on ignoring you, I didn't realize you were lvl 13 and just trying to get to Kurns. I would have absolutely taken you there for free, but it's easy to get swamped with tells and not take a closer look at the situation. PM me and I will assist your Kurns group next time you're on.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

He would have to port you to the Dreadlands, run you to KC past see invis mobs that hit hard, evac you to a hostile place in EJ, and evac you to the FoB zone line. That is a lot of work.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He would have to port you to the Dreadlands, run you to KC past see invis mobs that hit hard, evac you to a hostile place in EJ, and evac you to the FoB zone line. That is a lot of work.
Ej port is from anywhere now and a double cast of the spells succors you right to FoB ZL. saving a ton of time.

Everyone in DaP knows this.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 01-30-2017, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

You should have immediately petitioned the guy who dropped you in IC "for the lulz". This is not only incredibly shady, but is deliberately trying to get you killed in an area much higher level than you are safe in for his own amusement.

Any level 60 port class knows that trolling a port over low tip isn't worth the conversation with Braknar that's going to follow it up. Shame on Amelias. I'm glad to hear Afeni is intervening on this incredibly low-class action.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:45 AM
Aviak

Have seen Amelias do this to others before too.
Closed Thread