Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 09:22 PM
Aviak

Default Rotations for Old World Raid Mobs

I know this is nothing new, but I'd like to think that as a community we can implement a better system to share old world raid mobs like Naggy/Vox/Phinny, Hate/Fear/Sky, and Kunark Dragons.

The loot from these mobs is not an upgrade to any serious raiding guild and I'm sure that after 5+ years they have all farmed their share of blade stoppers, prayer beads, etc.

These mobs are huge bottle necks for people trying to complete epic quests. For that reason it would be in the best interests of the community (long term) to share this content. I am proposing that the guild leaders of the community come together to work out a rotation schedule so that everyone can have a shot at some of these targets.

I won't try and propose a schedule here and now, but I would ask a couple of direct questions to current guild leaders:

1. Is your guild prepared to share these mobs on a rotation schedule
2. If not, why?

Thanks for your time.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this is nothing new, but I'd like to think that as a community we can implement a better system to share old world raid mobs like Naggy/Vox/Phinny, Hate/Fear/Sky, and Kunark Dragons.

The loot from these mobs is not an upgrade to any serious raiding guild and I'm sure that after 5+ years they have all farmed their share of blade stoppers, prayer beads, etc.

These mobs are huge bottle necks for people trying to complete epic quests. For that reason it would be in the best interests of the community (long term) to share this content. I am proposing that the guild leaders of the community come together to work out a rotation schedule so that everyone can have a shot at some of these targets.

I won't try and propose a schedule here and now, but I would ask a couple of direct questions to current guild leaders:

2. If not, why?

Thanks for your time.
They won't do it for 1 simple reason - they make too much pp and real life money from mq the items. Even if you got all to agree, @ up to 500k for some items, the equivalent of 1 - 2 years of casual pp farming and around 1.5k USD on some pp selling sites you'd see the same people farming the same items on unguilded alts.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Aviak

Default yup

I understand the RMT angle....but if we had guild leaders aligning with a rotation it would put a lot of pressure (and scrutiny) on any un-guilded farmers. In essence, if you are wearing the guild tag you adhere to the rotation that your guild has agreed to.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

I could see Talendor and Fay being rotated, but I doubt you will ever see Sev or Gore rotated as the epic drops are just too desirable. Even Vox is problematic because she drops the white scale. As usual, the source of all grief in Everquest is the scarcity and itemization.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2. If not, why?

Thanks for your time.
Not sure if you are really naive or trolling...

Its a classic emulator. One of the features of classic EQ is that the "old world" never became obsolete. There is no reason, certainly no new reason, why guilds would change their approach to raiding now.

There are a few targets that you could reasonably hope for a rotation on, but they aren't the ones you probably would hope for.

I'm not sure I agree that it is all fueled by RMT. I'm kind of ignorant to the current state of RMT'ing on this server. My sense is that it is actually more under control now than it was several years ago, but I don't follow it anymore to be honest. The in-game value of these items, even without RMT, is more than enough to keep guilds racing for them.

I really only see two possible reasons why this will ever change on p99:
1. The GMs force a rotation system on the players (this isn't unreasonable, and has essentially happened before on p99).
2. The server population drops significantly.

Until then, asking for a rotation isn't going to do it. The benefit to those able to race for it is, in fact, better for them than to share those mobs with the entire community. IE. those willing to race are already getting the bigger piece of the pie by far. I don't see any rational reason for them to change their approach to raiding these targets.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:39 AM
Fire Giant

Lets stsrt off small and rotate KDT , Vindi and Woushi
Old 03-06-2017, 07:41 AM
Fire Giant

You don't understand.. The world would literally end if top guilds missed even one of these spawns.

Don't worry if this doesn't make sense to you right away..

The incoming five pages full of walls of panicked text will make it clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

You guys are quick to blame the top guilds for raining on this parade. There are plenty of mobs the OP listed that Awakened would not have a problem rotating. We rarely do them as it is. It seems more like you aren't willing to share these "low hanging fruits" and instead of saying that, you are blaming the big bad A/A. I believe CSG and Rustle are still rotating Naggy and Vox, maybe see if they will cut you in.

Anyway, if the server is interested in rotating mobs.. Gore, Sev, VS, Fay, Tal, ... I don't know.. Vox.. Phinny.. Wuoshi.. Inny.. Let's talk. We wouldn't even want to join all of these.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Banned

People think just because a/a get a vast majority that it's all their fault. But given the opportunity a/a (mostly aftermath but I'm hearing stories of awakened coming around) are willing to work with other guilds.

Approaching said guilds means you can enter a non compete agreement. But that doesn't mean kittens won't magically show up and contest your fay or w/e. But you better have diplomacy maxed and show you would be shitting up the spawns before you ask for a handout from them or else you won't even be considered a factor.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Kobold

I doubt any non GM enforced rotation would last long, cant even keep sky together without someone clearing for keys between rotations screwing over the next raid
Closed Thread