Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrio40 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think all but number 4 has been put out as intentional and number 4 might or might not be intentional.
  1. Mobs running faster than players
  2. As I stated before, Paineel going in before PoSky
  3. I don't think mob pathing is client based, and it has been changed from classic
  4. While it wouldn't have the same effect due to the new client, the spell book not required to be open in order to med. More than likely not like this due to the all but trivial effect it would have, but still omitted none the less.
  5. Rather than the caster having to do at least 50% of the damage to the mob in order to get full exp while soloing with a pet, the caster only needs to do 1 damage in order to get full exp.
1. Mob runspeed
2. Clientside/massive updates required
3. Mob pathing isn't client based it has to be recreated from scratch, and is nowhere near perfect or intentional on eqemu
4. Spellbook: Client
5. The pet exp change used to be 100% until it was updated to its current incarnation, don't think it won't be changed again.

So you've got Number 1, and possibly number 5 depending on if it gets changed again. That's it.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

6. inability to multi-box

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 07-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6. inability to multi-box
Oh you definitely have the ability to multi-box.

I just highly suggest you do not.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Aviak

I'm sick of this. Plus I've moved on. As I said in the first post of this thread I might come back a little when Kunark comes out, but probably not.

Anyway, I just want to say I don't think most of you guys EVEN remember what classic was like.

There are so many differences here it's not funny.

I put another post in server chat that was pretty much ignored, but I'm going to repeat some of it.

Flash of Light doesn't act the same as on live.

You SHOULD NOT be able to stack snare and root if this is a classic server. That may seem trivial to some but it is an important thing in groups. And it affects paladins for sure.

Not to mention it takes a little away from how easily druids in particular solo (can't remember if the darkness line was affected by root, but I kind of think it was, of course that mainly affects how necros work in groups).

Proc rates are way too high. I kind of suspect they don't have them normalized to a time frame (like in live), instead there is some chance they go off on every swing. This lets the current warrior config of two yaks build up more aggro than they really should.

I don't have a warrior, sk, and paladin. Right now I think though that they don't have different mitigation tables as they should. Nor attack tables.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not going to parse it.

Geez, I'm sure most of us could go on about things for a long time.

This is eq flavored, enough so to work. But it is definitely not even close to playing as live did in the early days. Too many differences. Too many differences that are very difficult to remember and research in order to implement. Particularly since we don't know exactly what Verant was doing in the first place in many situations.

Look, at least this server has a population. And in the important things (to me at least), like having at least 10 people in GFay at all times it seems like it used to be. Or having someone in the Qeynos newbie yard, or in unrest...

I'm not sure the devs understand exactly why they have the population they do. I don't think it is because they have hybrid penalties, which is the subject of this thread. If they think it is because they do, fine it didn't affect me in the game because I wouldn't play one.

Given another year or so, I think they probably could tune this thing to be seem a lot like it was in the beginning. Whether that would be totally good is something I have my doubts about.

Anyway I'm out of here. I am going to do my best to ignore the ludicrous insults some here seem to toss out in lieu of an argument, but it's hard y'know?
Old 07-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh you definitely have the ability to multi-box.

I just highly suggest you do not.

6. (revised) inability to multi-box after you get caught multi-boxing

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 07-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Aviak

Damn, people make way too big a deal out of the exp penalty. My main is a Bard and I didn't even notice the penalties were in place until 40, which was my first bitch of a hell level (30 and 35 were cake). I've also had no trouble at all finding groups, and many of the groups I've been in have had a SK or Pally tanking as well, due to the low number of warriors (since they're pretty bad at holding aggro right now, relative to the hybrid tanks). In all of those groups, the pace has been such that exp flies even with the penalties stacked up, so nobody gives a damn.

IMO, if these people who are making such a big deal out of the penalties would just let it go for a second and play the game, I can almost guarantee you'd barely notice the penalty. You might even have fun, and in the end that's why we're all here isn't it?
Closed Thread